Jojo_Jess

Requesting Embassy Interview appointment

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

Wife's mother had a Philippine embassy interview appointment on Nov 23, 2021 but she had to go back to medical on Jan 11 to get her Sputum test results therefore, missing her appointment.  It has came back negative and she is ready to move forward with her interview.  Do we wait for the the Embassy to notify us for another appointment or do we have to call them to set an appointment?  The staff at St Lukes Medical told her that she needs an appointment by April because the exam will expire by then.  I went on the Philippine Embassy website to try and make an appointment, but there is no option under the Immigrant Visa section.  If we have to call, may we have the number that applicants have used to successfully get through.  Sorry if this was discussed before and we really appreciate any imput on this.

Timeline

I'm pretty sure all appointment slots are filled for January, but they will likely start open slots for February appointments pretty soon (within next 2 weeks). I suggest checking https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome once a day from now until the end of the month.

Timeline

Keep checking.  I think they are waiting to release the February dates once some of the January ones are done.  I know with the K1 they opened up some of the first week in February already.  It feels like they are doing a type of visa each day of the week.

Timeline

OK, I created an account on USTRAVELDOCS.com for my mother-in-law to help her in obtaining an appointment online.  I've noticed that there is a limited amount of times that we can check for appointments and then the system will reset the account the next day.  Any advice on the best times to check or is there enough appt slots for applicants to choose from once they open it up?

Timeline

Needless to say, you shouldn't check multiple times during hours when USEM would be closed for business and thus, no one would be there to update the site. The demand for visa interviews isn't nearly what it was pre-pandemic. If you check a couple times per day (during times that make sense), you should comfortably be able to schedule an interview date. 

Timeline

hi there, 

i have a few quick questions. my son-in-law will be getting his medical exam at St. Lukes in probably late Feb or early March. I know that you have to register and make an appointment at SLEC website. my question is when you select an appointment for a given date and time (let's say March 10 at 10am), because of the pandemic, how early does the person need to show up before their appointment? And is the clinic good at being on time with the VISA applicant's scheduled time? 

thanks in advanced. :)

Timeline
On 1/15/2022 at 10:05 AM, maynoc said:

hi there, 

i have a few quick questions. my son-in-law will be getting his medical exam at St. Lukes in probably late Feb or early March. I know that you have to register and make an appointment at SLEC website. my question is when you select an appointment for a given date and time (let's say March 10 at 10am), because of the pandemic, how early does the person need to show up before their appointment? And is the clinic good at being on time with the VISA applicant's scheduled time? 

Just plan to show up at least an 1 hour to give you time for parking, traffic, etc.  Yes, they are on time, as long as you're on time. 😉  Incidentally, it's a 2 day process...he'll need to do a Covid test the 1st day, then once cleared, come back the 2nd day for the actual medical exam.  Hope that helps. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Jojo_Jess said:

Just plan to show up at least an 1 hour to give you time for parking, traffic, etc.  Yes, they are on time, as long as you're on time. 😉  Incidentally, it's a 2 day process...he'll need to do a Covid test the 1st day, then once cleared, come back the 2nd day for the actual medical exam.  Hope that helps. 

Thank you for the info. He will already have his Covid PCR test from the day before his appointment before traveling to Manila from Davao. My understanding is that the tests are good for 72 hours. 

Timeline
On 1/15/2022 at 11:05 AM, maynoc said:

hi there, 

The confirmation email you receive after scheduling your medical states to arrive one half hour early. 

Timeline

Another question...

My mother-in-laws medical exam expires on April 6.  Does that mean she needs to leave the country by then?  Is there a timeline to leave once her Immigration Visa gets approved?

9 hours ago, Jojo_Jess said:

My mother-in-laws medical exam expires on April 6.  Does that mean she needs to leave the country by then?

That means your MIL must be in the US by April 6th.  Visa validity is strictly tied to the medical expiration date.

Timeline

So I assume if she’s not here by that date, she has to do her medical exam again?  Is there any way to expedite visa appointments at the Embassy or extend the medical exam date?  Appreciate your answers.

34 minutes ago, Jojo_Jess said:

So I assume if she’s not here by that date, she has to do her medical exam again?

Yes, she will need to re-do her medical.  There is no way to extend the medical expiration date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.