cndrbk

Supervisor review for a rejected doc

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I’m the USC petitioner of my husband’s CR1 visa. Our docs are being reviewed by the NVC at the moment. 

Everything seemed to be accepted except my husband’s birth certificate. They rejected it saying that it wasn’t issued by a correct authority. We checked the country specific requirements and it seemed that the doc we uploaded was actually fine. 

I called the NVC today and talked to a couple of officers. The first officer said that the birth certificate looks fine. She’d send a message to a supervisor for a review. It will take up to 6 weeks for them to give us an answer. This officer said not to replace the rejected doc now as we wait for a supervisor review because this will put us back to the back of the line. 

After this call, we got 2 emails from the NVC. When we signed in, we saw that they added 4 documents under “required” and marked them missing. One of them is birth certificate. 3 of them had been already accepted. (Passport bio page, police record and military record). 

I called the NVC again to see what to do about this, and the officer started talking about the rejected birth certificate. She said that even if a supervisor agrees that the doc we submitted was correct, after we get an answer from them, we’ll have to replace/reupload the rejected doc because they cannot change the status of the rejected doc to “accepted” on their end. Is this true?

So my questions are:

Should we or should we not replace/reupload the rejected doc while we wait for a supervisor review? (Is it better to do it now or wait until we hear back from a supervisor?) 

After a supervisor review, do we still have to replace the rejected doc and have to wait extra 3 months for the new doc to be reviewed? (The current doc process time at the NVC is 3 months.)

Re: missing docs

The agent said that this is most likely a glitch and they’re aware of things like that. But she also said that we can select “not available” from the drop down and put “this doc has been accepted” in the comment section for each of those “missing” docs. And she said we could hit “submit” again = extra 3 month wait. Do we actually need to do this? Or do they fix the glitches? 

Any info is much appreciated. 

Thank you very much 🙏🏼

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.