BenitaV

Administrative Processing EB3

38 posts in this topic

I am an Indian Citizen working in Germany.Myself and my family (spouse and 3 kids)attended our immigrant visa (EB3) interview at US Consulate Frankfurt on 2021 Nov 04.After the interview the Consular officer told everything is fine and he will take his final decision once the medical report reaches the Consulate.He also handed over 6 out of the 10 confidential visa packets(sealed yellow colour) to me and said Consulate can only send packets upto 1 Kg by post and the rest of the confidential visa packets will be delivered by post along with the passport.

It’s almost being 2 months and the status is reflected as Refused.After a month I contacted the consulate via email and they informed that my medical reports are on file but my case is under mandatory additional administrative processing.

Have anyone of you gone through the similar situation?

Thanks in Advance 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

AP (Administrative Processing) is extremely common.  So common in fact there is a specific thread for it. 

There is nothing you can do but wait.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2021 at 4:27 PM, BenitaV said:

I am an Indian Citizen working in Germany.Myself and my family (spouse and 3 kids)attended our immigrant visa (EB3) interview at US Consulate Frankfurt on 2021 Nov 04.After the interview the Consular officer told everything is fine and he will take his final decision once the medical report reaches the Consulate.He also handed over 6 out of the 10 confidential visa packets(sealed yellow colour) to me and said Consulate can only send packets upto 1 Kg by post and the rest of the confidential visa packets will be delivered by post along with the passport.

It’s almost being 2 months and the status is reflected as Refused.After a month I contacted the consulate via email and they informed that my medical reports are on file but my case is under mandatory additional administrative processing.

Have anyone of you gone through the similar situation?

Thanks in Advance 

I am sorry to hear that. So have you got any update? 

8 minutes ago, NgaNguyen said:

My friend who interviewed in Japan got AP for 3 months like you. No news now :( Sorry. Btw, can you share your interview experience? Was it smooth or was there anything else wrong when interview? 

Interview was quite normal.VO asked only about my job contract .He was convinced and everything was over in 15-2.0 minutes .He even handed over 5 sealed visa packets and informed the rest of the visa packets will be delivered by post along with the passport .I think our file was transferred to Washington for Security Advisory Opinion.

Just now, BenitaV said:

Interview was quite normal.VO asked only about my job contract .He was convinced and everything was over in 15-2.0 minutes .He even handed over 5 sealed visa packets and informed the rest of the visa packets will be delivered by post along with the passport .I think our file was transferred to Washington for Security Advisory Opinion.

My friend is pursuing EB2-NIW (self-sponsor). He failed to give them the plan when he will come to US such as a job offer or being a potential employee. 

Can I ask you, the case is transferred to Washington for Security Advisory Opinion for what? Every case will be transferred to there when got AP?

As you said, they asked you show the job contract, it means you are working for the company (Germany branch)? I think you just need the job offer instead of the job contract? 

1 minute ago, NgaNguyen said:

My friend is pursuing EB2-NIW (self-sponsor). He failed to give them the plan when he will come to US such as a job offer or being a potential employee. 

Can I ask you, the case is transferred to Washington for Security Advisory Opinion for what? Every case will be transferred to there when got AP?

As you said, they asked you show the job contract, it means you are working for the company (Germany branch)? I think you just need the job offer instead of the job contract? 

My employer is my sponsor.I’m not working here for an American company.I’m a nurse by profession.I had both my job offer and job contract.There was nothing wrong with any documents from my side.If so VO would have asked to submit additional documents.

I don’t know whether every case will be sent to Washington for Security Advisory Opinion.I think my case was transferred because I am from a third world country ( India) and applied for the immigrant visa from Germany.

DB0CA3E3-EA3C-4E13-8CBE-A81B72C30F08.jpeg

Just now, BenitaV said:

My employer is my sponsor.I’m not working here for an American company.I’m a nurse by profession.I had both my job offer and job contract.There was nothing wrong with any documents from my side.If so VO would have asked to submit additional documents.

I don’t know whether every case will be sent to Washington for Security Advisory Opinion.I think my case was transferred because I am from a third world country ( India) and applied for the immigrant visa from Germany.

DB0CA3E3-EA3C-4E13-8CBE-A81B72C30F08.jpeg

I feel sorry to you. I don't think this is a reason for AP ("I think my case was transferred because I am from a third world country (India) and applied for the immigrant visa from Germany.") because I have a friend who interviewed in the 3rd country like you, and he didn't get the AP.

Do you think you have any problems in medical results? Sorry for more details, I just try to brainstorm with you. 

I am waiting for an interview in the 3rd country too, but I have only the job offer, no contract. Worried about it. 

17 minutes ago, NgaNguyen said:

I feel sorry to you. I don't think this is a reason for AP ("I think my case was transferred because I am from a third world country (India) and applied for the immigrant visa from Germany.") because I have a friend who interviewed in the 3rd country like you, and he didn't get the AP.

Do you think you have any problems in medical results? Sorry for more details, I just try to brainstorm with you. 

I am waiting for an interview in the 3rd country too, but I have only the job offer, no contract. Worried about it. 

17 minutes ago, NgaNguyen said:

If there was anything wrong in the medical report VO could have simply refused my Visa and return my passport.What’s the need for Mandatory additional Administrative processing?

I think in your case job offer is enough.

For Health care workers a recruiting firm is our sponsor and we will be working in a third party client site ( Hospital).That’s why I have job contract with the Recruiting firm and job offer from the client ( Hospital).

Just now, BenitaV said:

If there was anything wrong in the medical report VO could have simply refused my Visa and return my passport.What’s the need for Mandatory additional Administrative processing?

I think in your case job offer is enough.

For Health care workers a recruiting firm is our sponsor and we will be working in a third party client site ( Hospital).That’s why I have job contract with the Recruiting firm and job offer from the client ( Hospital).

Oh, I got it. As you said, I think it was checked for the hospital and your company. Please keep in touch, if you have any update, please share. If my friend has any update about his AP, I will share with you. 

13 hours ago, NgaNguyen said:

The medical results is what is in those packets.

3 minutes ago, BenitaV said:

No idea.VO advised not to open the confidential Visa packet.Just hand it over to the immigration officer at the first port of Entry to the US 

Right.  It is the medical results.   Like I said.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.