S_Flores

Tourist Visa Renewal

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have 2 questions for my mom's tourist visa. Thank you in advance to those who can help.

1. Her tourist visa expires September 2022, can she still travel to the US from January 2022 to February 2022? 

2. We started the visa renewal process. We paid the fee, finished the DS-160, but we didn't see the Interview Waiver Letter and we have not sent anything else to the embassy. We have not set an appointment yet. If she travels to the US next month (Jan 2022), would there be an issue if we already started the visa renewal process?

5 hours ago, S_Flores said:

I have 2 questions for my mom's tourist visa. Thank you in advance to those who can help.

1. Her tourist visa expires September 2022, can she still travel to the US from January 2022 to February 2022?

Yes.  What is more important in this particular case is when her passport expires.  As long as her passport has at least 6 months left on it on entry and the visa expires in September, she is good to go for Jan/Feb travel.  I think technically she can enter into the U.S. right up until the visa expiration date, and on entry they will tell her how she can stay.

2. We started the visa renewal process. We paid the fee, finished the DS-160, but we didn't see the Interview Waiver Letter and we have not sent anything else to the embassy. We have not set an appointment yet. If she travels to the US next month (Jan 2022), would there be an issue if we already started the visa renewal process?

You have not sent in her passport so her status should just be pending until they receive the passport and rest of the requirements.

You said this in "interview waiver" renewal, correct?  We just did this for my wife.

There is not an "Interview Waiver" letter.  When you finish the online registration, you will get a Confirmation with Confirmation number.  This is the same for a new or renewal.

The difference for "Interview Waiver" renewal is that you follow the instructions and send the packet to the Embassy, including the requested items.  You don't schedule an appointment unless the deny the interview waiver and request an interview.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-visarenew.asp

My opinion is that she is fine to travel in Jan/Feb then when she returns, finish the renewal process.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, seekingthetruth said:

You said this in "interview waiver" renewal, correct?  We just did this for my wife.

There is not an "Interview Waiver" letter.  When you finish the online registration, you will get a Confirmation with Confirmation number.  This is the same for a new or renewal.

The difference for "Interview Waiver" renewal is that you follow the instructions and send the packet to the Embassy, including the requested items.  You don't schedule an appointment unless the deny the interview waiver and request an interview.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-visarenew.asp

My opinion is that she is fine to travel in Jan/Feb then when she returns, finish the renewal process.

Thank you so much!🙏🏼

12 hours ago, S_Flores said:

Thank you so much!🙏🏼

In fact, travelling to the U.S. and returning will give them more evidence to support her interview waiver visa renewal.  Travelling back and forth on the visa give her a history that tells them she is not an overstay risk.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.