A&C2020

Brown envelope medical copies (london) k1

7 posts in this topic

Hi, can anyone from London (k1) advise on the pictures? So nothing is written on the brown envelope apart from "medical copies" it is stamped on the seal with a signature over it so you can see if it has been opened. Not sure if to keep, hand in at POE, send in with I-485. Received zero response from the embassy/knightsbridge. Any thoughts? Thank you

20211201_224320.jpg

20211201_224346.jpg

14 minutes ago, A&C2020 said:

Hi, can anyone from London (k1) advise on the pictures? So nothing is written on the brown envelope apart from "medical copies" it is stamped on the seal with a signature over it so you can see if it has been opened. Not sure if to keep, hand in at POE, send in with I-485. Received zero response from the embassy/knightsbridge. Any thoughts? Thank you

20211201_224320.jpg

20211201_224346.jpg

Did you receive a CD-rom as well?

2 minutes ago, A&C2020 said:

They gave me the cd back at the interview. The brown envelope came with the white envelope and passport via courier..

Ah. So weird how they do everyone slightly different. My CD turned up with the white envelope and I got no brown envelope at all.

You probably already have this in mind but the best bet would be to travel with both envelopes in your hand luggage and let the CBP officer decide what to do with it. They open the white one up right in front of you and stamp a load of stuff there and then before keeping it - I'd just hand both over at that time. The only things I still have that were given to me re: the medical are my vaccination worksheet and the CD-rom.

It's at least reassuring that it is stamped across the seal, removing the possibility that they are expecting you to open it and/or know what is inside.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Maybe they forgot to put it in the white envelope and didn't wanted to waste one so they just added the brown one 🤷‍♀️ if you don't get a response from the embassy I would hand both over at POE, too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.