Dil & Malar

NOVEMBER 2021 I-130 Filers

370 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2022 at 3:49 PM, Dil & Malar said:

Well said.   Reaching out to EMMA is very discouraging and it is very hurtful activity.  They have (almost all the time) no useful information and they give the blanket answer.  Say for example,  the RFE response received and usually it is getting approved within 3 days,  when I asked they said, it will take 60 days, but it is done in 5 days.  When you do not have any fun, you can chat with Emma.  Especially to find out when to ask, you can check in the site itself.  VERY VERY RARE you get useful information.  Based on my analysis,  the I-130 takes about a year to approve now..Potomac is taking upto 14 months.  There are some cases gets done way before that, but not sure what is the factor triggering the approval.  I wish and pray every gets approval ASAP

Hey guys, I can’t believe it, I got approved today - 362 days. I took your advice and contacted my state representative who helped me. I am so happy I cannot begin to explain how I feel right now. It’s been an emotional roller coaster for me and I’m so thankful for everyone’s help and support. I pray that you all get approved soon 🙏🙏

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Icedgem said:

Hey guys, I can’t believe it, I got approved today - 362 days. I took your advice and contacted my state representative who helped me. I am so happy I cannot begin to explain how I feel right now. It’s been an emotional roller coaster for me and I’m so thankful for everyone’s help and support. I pray that you all get approved soon 🙏🙏

GREAT.  CONGRATULATIONS, WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST FOR THE SUBSEQUENT STEPS.  I KNOW HOW IT FEELS AFTER APPROVAL.  WISHING AND PRAYING EVERYONE GET APPROVAL ASAP

5 minutes ago, Dil & Malar said:

GREAT.  CONGRATULATIONS, WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST FOR THE SUBSEQUENT STEPS.  I KNOW HOW IT FEELS AFTER APPROVAL.  WISHING AND PRAYING EVERYONE GET APPROVAL ASAP

Thank you so much. There is still a long way to go and many more hurdles to jump. I’m just so happy that this part of the process is over. I’m also wishing and praying for everyone to be approved and be reconnected with their loved ones soon. This is a heart wrenching journey for everyone 🙏🙏

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Icedgem said:

Congratulations! Did state representative contacted UCSIS? I am at 376 days now and don’t really know what to do..

4 hours ago, Icedgem said:

WooHoo!!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 yayyyyyyy!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! I’m so happy for you!!!!!! Now on to NVC!!!!! Good luck with the next part of your journey 

5 hours ago, Margo2017777 said:

Congratulations! Did state representative contacted UCSIS? I am at 376 days now and don’t really know what to do..

Thank you so much. Yes we did  contact our state representative, but it was only late last week. They either dealt with it straight away or it’s a very strange coincidence. I would recommend contacting yours too for help. I feel that we have waited long enough. To be honest it was affecting me quite badly, my life has been hold and living overseas on my own has become very difficult. It’s a cruel process. I pray you get approved anyday now 🙏🙏

5 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

WooHoo!!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 yayyyyyyy!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! I’m so happy for you!!!!!! Now on to NVC!!!!! Good luck with the next part of your journey 

I know I just can’t believe it still 😂.  Thank you so much for all your support and kindness over these last few difficult months. There’s so much to do now I don’t quite know where to start. I hope the next part of the journey is a lot quicker and easier to deal with. I wish you well for the remainder of your journey and hope the interview date comes up very soon for you guys 🤗

1 hour ago, Icedgem said:

I know I just can’t believe it still 😂.  Thank you so much for all your support and kindness over these last few difficult months. There’s so much to do now I don’t quite know where to start. I hope the next part of the journey is a lot quicker and easier to deal with. I wish you well for the remainder of your journey and hope the interview date comes up very soon for you guys 🤗

Oh the NVC process is a lot quicker as long as you have all of your documents you need and you submit them all before your case needs to be reviewed. It’s actual better because you have an actual timeline to know when you are going to be reviewed instead of guessing like with USCIS. Wishing you the best of luck and thank you so much!

14 hours ago, Icedgem said:

Congratulations!!! That’s amazing news! So happy for you guys! Could you tell me your process in contacting your state representative and what you included in your communication with them? Thinking about doing this too since it’s been almost 2 weeks after we hit the one year mark. 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Oh the NVC process is a lot quicker as long as you have all of your documents you need and you submit them all before your case needs to be reviewed. It’s actual better because you have an actual timeline to know when you are going to be reviewed instead of guessing like with USCIS. Wishing you the best of luck and thank you so much!

Find out who is the representative in your area (https://www.congress.gov/members/find-your-member).  There will be 2 senators and one house of congress rep for your zip.  Find out or research who has good reputation resolving immigration issues.  Goto their website and they will have a form to fill up and sign.  So that they can contact USCIS.  Give good and valid reason.  In my case, I showed the processing time is 10.5 months per site and I am 11 months passed,  they send an enquiry to USCIS.   WISHING YOU GOOD LUCK FOR THE APPROVAL ASAP

1 minute ago, Dil & Malar said:

Find out who is the representative in your area (https://www.congress.gov/members/find-your-member).  There will be 2 senators and one house of congress rep for your zip.  Find out or research who has good reputation resolving immigration issues.  Goto their website and they will have a form to fill up and sign.  So that they can contact USCIS.  Give good and valid reason.  In my case, I showed the processing time is 10.5 months per site and I am 11 months passed,  they send an enquiry to USCIS.   WISHING YOU GOOD LUCK FOR THE APPROVAL ASAP

Thank you this is super helpful!

49 minutes ago, Hanbee said:

Congratulations!!! That’s amazing news! So happy for you guys! Could you tell me your process in contacting your state representative and what you included in your communication with them? Thinking about doing this too since it’s been almost 2 weeks after we hit the one year mark. 

Thank you so much. Yes Dil & Malar covered that well. We just went to our state representatives website and under contact us was a help with Federal Agency link and then we selected USCIS and explained the situation to them. We attached the original NOA1 and explained that it was originally between 2-5 months when we applied and now it showed 10.5 months and that we were already at 12. I wish you luck, I’m sure they will help you 🙏🙏

10 hours ago, Icedgem said:

Thank you so much. Yes Dil & Malar covered that well. We just went to our state representatives website and under contact us was a help with Federal Agency link and then we selected USCIS and explained the situation to them. We attached the original NOA1 and explained that it was originally between 2-5 months when we applied and now it showed 10.5 months and that we were already at 12. I wish you luck, I’m sure they will help you 🙏🙏

Congratulations on your approval 🎂🎂 my pd is Jan 15, 2022. It’s been 10 months today, my case is at California when do you think it’s appropriate to reach out to my representative? I’m just thinking i should keep that in hand incase it comes to that. 

10 hours ago, Love1227 said:

Congratulations on your approval 🎂🎂 my pd is Jan 15, 2022. It’s been 10 months today, my case is at California when do you think it’s appropriate to reach out to my representative? I’m just thinking i should keep that in hand incase it comes to that. 

Thank you so much 😊. In my opinion I think you should probably wait until around the one year mark before contacting your representative, unless of course you do have a reason to expedite. California is currently showing a 10.5 month processing time for 80% of cases. As you are still within that I would wait until the new year. I know just how crazy it is waiting indefinitely and having no idea at all when your time will be. I hope you get your approval very soon 🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Today I sent letter to my representative in congress asking for help with my pending I-130 don’t know if it my help or not (early next week will be one year since they received my I-130)

على بابا

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.