60 posts in this topic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No updates yet, but I appreciate everyone's comments. Looking back, we didn't get a copy of our medical when my wife was processed at Buffalo. But, they still received the sealed envelope, so the form in question does exist...somewhere. That being said, our doctor still had transcipts and copied everything to the supplement. There weren't any instructions for anything else.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

I contacted my CS in South AFrica who did my original medical and they were NOT allowed to send me the results. The only that they could do was send my results to the US Embassy in South Africa and they in turn would forward them onto the US Embassy in the USA, which one I don't know, and they would then forward it on to CSC, but you would still need to get the I693 A form filled out again and attach it to those forms. So I don't know how that would of gone down.

I just decided that it was way too complicated and did the medical again. A quicker option I thought.

04/28/09 Mailed I-751

05/23/09 Package returned - wrong info on check

05/24/09 Resent Pakage with "NEW" check

05/28/09 Package Rcvd

06/02/09 Check cashed

05/29/09 NOA 1

06/04/09 NOA 1 rcvd in mail

06/19/09 Rcvd Biometrics App, dated 06/16/09

07/06/09 Biometrics Appointment in Latham, NY

07/07/09 Able to access my app online. Touch

09/16/09 Received APPROVED letter in the mail - no update online

APPROVED 09/11/09 EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/24/09 Email received with Approval information.

Come on Green Card!!

10/05/09 Green Card Arrives

I contacted my CS in South AFrica who did my original medical and they were NOT allowed to send me the results. The only that they could do was send my results to the US Embassy in South Africa and they in turn would forward them onto the US Embassy in the USA, which one I don't know, and they would then forward it on to CSC, but you would still need to get the I693 A form filled out again and attach it to those forms. So I don't know how that would of gone down.

I just decided that it was way too complicated and did the medical again. A quicker option I thought.

To be honest, if we hadn't of had the help we did we would have just ended up redoing the medical as well.

Rebeccajo - I just get SO angry about this medical thing (losing a paper is one thing, you can send that again, but losing this costs a good chunk of money) that I want as many people to be angry about it as me and be working on it as well! Whether or not that is a correct course of action is up for debate, but I do hold the naive hope that if enough people complain to a higher up that maybe somehow it will get noticed :)

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: Other Timeline

Miranda and Angilla -

I empathize with what you are saying. The only problem with fighting this bureaucracy is it is not the normal kind. Congressional aides don't have any input into how USCIS is run - they can run interference here and there - fix this situation, help with that problem - you get my drift. I'm enough of a pessimist to think it would take hundreds of phone calls to every Senator's and Congressman's office before they would be moved to advance upon USCIS in some holy pilgrimage to solve the problem of regularly misplaced I693A's. The 'system' is overburdened with too many other issues. Like K2 ageouts, people stuck in namecheck for years, waiver filings, VAWA, IMBRA, etc.

You both have been in 'the system' a while and you've both been good posters to the forum. You understand I'm sure that there really are larger situations out there than this one.

The only problem I had with the suggestion from the other thread was the point we should simply ring up our elected representative the moment we get this RFE. IMHO that's an entitlement attitude. Should USCIS misplace the information from the file? No. But should we, as grown-ups, expect someone else to fix a problem we might be able to handle ourselves? I don't think so.

You both know my husband and I had a much more challenging immigration situation than a misplaced I693A. We went down several avenues trying to ascertain information about my husband's case before we called upon our Senator. I wanted his staffers to know I had done my part before I asked them to take time from their day to work with me.

In life you have to pick your battles. Any battle I can solve my own, I'm going to do that. If I solve the problem myself - I know it's taken care. If I count on someone else, they might muck it up further.

Edited by rebeccajo

Has anyone contacted the CS from thier home country to obtain a copy of the physical? I think I read somewhere that the CS makes a copy for their own records?

The CS in Australia (well his receptionist:) faxed all my results over immediately, asking what else she could do to help. She as great. I have a feeling that " we are not permitted to do that" may translate as "can't be bothered" ??

re the sealed medical envelope, I vote we should carry it in and mail it off with the AOS package!

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

The only problem I had with the suggestion from the other thread was the point we should simply ring up our elected representative the moment we get this RFE. IMHO that's an entitlement attitude.

Oh yeah, I say do everything you can yourself first. Make an infopass, see if you can get the information transferred from the doctor that did your medical, whatever options are available. But I personally, before shelling out a few hundred bucks for a medical to fix their mistake, as a last resort I would call my congressman. I should've said it differently before. :)

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
I read that post and I disagree with it.

Go Infopass first. It's not your elected representatives job to clean up your file.

Take responsibility for your case before you call in the big guns. You might need a REAL immigration favor some day.

I read your post and disagree with it. When you say: Take responsibility for your case before you call the big guns, you make it sound like they lost their own medical exams. A REAL immigration favor? Do you know what congressmen deal with on a daily basis as far as immigration goes? There are cases that they have helped with which were pretty petty. They offer the help to help people with issues so why not take it?

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Timeline
Miranda and Angilla -

I empathize with what you are saying. The only problem with fighting this bureaucracy is it is not the normal kind. Congressional aides don't have any input into how USCIS is run - they can run interference here and there - fix this situation, help with that problem - you get my drift. I'm enough of a pessimist to think it would take hundreds of phone calls to every Senator's and Congressman's office before they would be moved to advance upon USCIS in some holy pilgrimage to solve the problem of regularly misplaced I693A's. The 'system' is overburdened with too many other issues. Like K2 ageouts, people stuck in namecheck for years, waiver filings, VAWA, IMBRA, etc.

You both have been in 'the system' a while and you've both been good posters to the forum. You understand I'm sure that there really are larger situations out there than this one.

The only problem I had with the suggestion from the other thread was the point we should simply ring up our elected representative the moment we get this RFE. IMHO that's an entitlement attitude. Should USCIS misplace the information from the file? No. But should we, as grown-ups, expect someone else to fix a problem we might be able to handle ourselves? I don't think so.

You both know my husband and I had a much more challenging immigration situation than a misplaced I693A. We went down several avenues trying to ascertain information about my husband's case before we called upon our Senator. I wanted his staffers to know I had done my part before I asked them to take time from their day to work with me.

In life you have to pick your battles. Any battle I can solve my own, I'm going to do that. If I solve the problem myself - I know it's taken care. If I count on someone else, they might muck it up further.

Although I believe a Congressman can help with immigration issues, I wish more people would file complaints with the Ombudsman. Maybe if he gets enough complaints , the freaking losses of medical files will diminish or vanish altogether.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anyone here think maybe the POE officers may be doing this on purpose? When my wife and I went to the POE to get her I-94 he opened the package, scanned through it and then stapled it all together. If USCIS gets any of these papers they should get all of them unless the POE officer takes something out. If USCIS were a private business people would loose thier jobs over things like this.

Miranda and Angilla -

I 100% agree it is absurd to contact your congressman for every RFE and have been tempted to bless out a few posters who have done this when their RFE is easily fixed by sending back in a form or two. I guess I don't know enough about exactly what powers a Congressman has so perhaps a better suggestion in the future on my part is contacting the Ombudsman like another poster mentioned. While they can't fix the issue, I do know it's their job to pass on complaints by filers to USCIS. Just as a note though, it was a misplaced I693, not just the I693A vaccine form, so the cost of fixing that issue, while certainly could be done by the filer, would cost around $300 or so dollars depending on your CS. We just got unusually lucky in our connections in getting our RFE solved and I really wish there was a route that others could take to fix theirs as well without having to put so much more money into their case, especially money that was already spent once and by no fault of their own, their medical was lost.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

When did your wife have her medical - I'm guessing somewhere around the end of last year?

The same situation happened when we applied for AOS for my son (from the United Kingdom). Even though his medical was still valid, having been done just 9 months previously, we were RFE'd for another full medical and the I693A which we had already been sent with the application. When I queried this with USCIS (two different people) they stated that the 12 month validity is simply a guideline not a hard and fast rule and each service center has the authority to request anything it wants in line with an AOS application. My guess is that as it's not too far off 12 months ago since your wife had the medical they are requesting another - which they are entitled to do. You can choose not to have it done, but then risk being denied - it has happened several times.

Ultimately USCIS has the right to ask for anything they want for whatever reason - just have to go with the flow, irritating as that may be!

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

When did your wife have her medical - I'm guessing somewhere around the end of last year?

Ultimately USCIS has the right to ask for anything they want for whatever reason - just have to go with the flow, irritating as that may be!

My wife had her medical in September of '06. It's a pain in the butt to do all this again. I'll wait it out a few days and schedule an infopass. I know we should've done that first but my wife has also been too ill with pregnancy to really get out of the house much.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Timeline
Miranda and Angilla -

I 100% agree it is absurd to contact your congressman for every RFE and have been tempted to bless out a few posters who have done this when their RFE is easily fixed by sending back in a form or two. I guess I don't know enough about exactly what powers a Congressman has so perhaps a better suggestion in the future on my part is contacting the Ombudsman like another poster mentioned. While they can't fix the issue, I do know it's their job to pass on complaints by filers to USCIS. Just as a note though, it was a misplaced I693, not just the I693A vaccine form, so the cost of fixing that issue, while certainly could be done by the filer, would cost around $300 or so dollars depending on your CS. We just got unusually lucky in our connections in getting our RFE solved and I really wish there was a route that others could take to fix theirs as well without having to put so much more money into their case, especially money that was already spent once and by no fault of their own, their medical was lost.

I have a friend who works for the congressman in Dallas. He told me that they do whatever they can to help with immigration problems. He said that's what his office is there for. With that being said, I don't see the outrage about people contacting their congressman.

And although you may think that it's easily fixed by sending out a form or two, I have to disagree. It's not in some people's budgets to go and spend another $300 or whatever to get a new medical test done. USCIS KNOWS you had a medical done or you wouldn't be here so why don't they fork up the money to get these new medicals done. It's ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed to keep happening.

I still say contact the Ombudsman - that's what he is there for.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Timeline
Does anyone here think maybe the POE officers may be doing this on purpose? When my wife and I went to the POE to get her I-94 he opened the package, scanned through it and then stapled it all together. If USCIS gets any of these papers they should get all of them unless the POE officer takes something out. If USCIS were a private business people would loose thier jobs over things like this.

No, I don't think they are doing this on purpose, I mean, it may not even be the IO at the POE who loses it - could be someone at USCIS. However, I do think someone is being careless.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.