60 posts in this topic

Yes another update...:) I can't say enough about our congressman's staff. I live in the same town as his district office, actually it's less than a mile away. As they were perparing to send me the records release form, they realized how close we are to the office and called us and said it would be quicker if I just came in. They called again this morning to ask us to bring my wife's A# and the CSC address/case info. We had all that ready to go(RFE, medical records, vaccination uspplement), but still appreciated the calls. Now we get to play this waiting game. Even if they're not able to do anything, I feel good that our congressman is at least trying.

Rebbecajo, I understand your points about not getting a senator/congressman involved with every little thing, but as a co-worker told me this morning, that's why they're there...to help us. If it was an error in our part, I wouldn't have had any problems working things out on my own, but the fact of the matter is someone else messed up, not us, or that we're aware of. :innocent:

I totally agree with going to the congressman's office. I did so yeseterday. As I posted the other day, we got an RFE for the medical and a copy of the I129F approval(K1). We had sent the I693A and the I129F. The congressional office was only too willing to help, fully knowledgeable of these issues, having previous experience. Had it just been a form or two to resend I would never bother with the congressman.

I-129F

9-18-06 mailed I-129F to Texas !!!

10-02-06 NOA1 date CSC

12-26-06 APPROVED NOA2!!!

02-20-07 K1 VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-12-07 MARRIED !!!!!!

AOS

06-11-07 mailed package !!!!

06-18-07 NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

09-21-07 GC received!!!!!

I-751 - gathering documents to send Jun 09

06-02-09 mail I-751 package !!!

06-05-09 I-751 rec'd at VSC - the clock starts now

06-08-09 I-751 NOA date

07-09-09 Biometrics

10-20-09 date of approval letter, rec'd 10-24-09

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got a letter from our congressman which was a "CC" copy he sent to the office of Congressional Relations from USCIS in DC. It was dated on the 17th, which is the same day I signed the release form. We're going to call on Monday to see if we don't have to go to our infopass on Tuesday, which I'm hoping not.

Dear XX,

Enclosed please find an application to register permanent redidence or to adjust status(i-485), immunization information, completed I-693, and signed relase provided to me by my constituent, Mr.(Me) on behalf of Ms.(wife). Ms.(wife) is appying for her change of status in order to obtain a green card.

Please review this matter and respond to me at my district office, located at XXX.

Thank you once again for your attention to another of my constituent's concern.

Sincerly.

Member of Congress

I got a little nervouse b/c it says I-693, which it isn't, it was a copy of our vaccination supplement, and that it didn't say we had to have the medical to get the visa in the first place. My wife says it looks like he asked for our application to get pushed through. It does seem he's contacted this office before, so that helped reassure me.

Any thoughts?

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hope you get some answers soon!

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

I got a letter from my congressman today:

Thank you for contacting your effort to obtain status as a permanent resident.

There are still a few more steps to be taken in the residency process. I have been in contact with the Immigration Services regarding your case. You should recieve a request for evidence. The request will be accompanied by a set of instruction on who and where to mail the paperwork.

If I could be of any further service to you, please do not hesitate to contact my district office.

Bummer. I'll see how infopass goes on Tuesday and then maybe call his office again and explain how we needed the medical to get the visa in the first place. Someone else PM'd me who has the same situation and the same congressman.

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
You should recieve a request for evidence. The request will be accompanied by a set of instruction on who and where to mail the paperwork.

But you already knew that! Geesh...

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: Other Timeline
Yes another update...:) I can't say enough about our congressman's staff. I live in the same town as his district office, actually it's less than a mile away. As they were perparing to send me the records release form, they realized how close we are to the office and called us and said it would be quicker if I just came in. They called again this morning to ask us to bring my wife's A# and the CSC address/case info. We had all that ready to go(RFE, medical records, vaccination uspplement), but still appreciated the calls. Now we get to play this waiting game. Even if they're not able to do anything, I feel good that our congressman is at least trying.

Rebbecajo, I understand your points about not getting a senator/congressman involved with every little thing, but as a co-worker told me this morning, that's why they're there...to help us. If it was an error in our part, I wouldn't have had any problems working things out on my own, but the fact of the matter is someone else messed up, not us, or that we're aware of. :innocent:

I totally agree with going to the congressman's office. I did so yeseterday. As I posted the other day, we got an RFE for the medical and a copy of the I129F approval(K1). We had sent the I693A and the I129F. The congressional office was only too willing to help, fully knowledgeable of these issues, having previous experience. Had it just been a form or two to resend I would never bother with the congressman.

I also think it's a good idea to contact your elected rep when you have placed a reasonable amount of effort into this yourself and can't seem to make any headway. But the real problem is whether or not your elected rep cares. Some folks are quite lucky to have very caring elected reps and others have lousy reps who seem to care less about immigration issues. I contacted my Congressman to make an inquiry on my behalf with regards to my I-129F. He promptly honored my request. In fact he sent two inquiries to the Consulate on my behalf. I also sent a letter to one of my Senators asking for the same help, I never even got a response they received my request. She simply didn't care. I certainly won't be voting for her again.

If your elected rep cares and fights for your rights as a citizen of his constituency, then consider yourself lucky and do indeed utilize the resources of his or her office. After all, his or her job is to be your advocate and represent you and your district.

I actually tend to believe that it's been drilled into people on VJ that elected reps can't do jack to help with immigration matters.

I tend to seriously disagree with that viewpoint. It's my firm belief that elected reps can certainly grease the wheel and can impress upon the USCIS the seriousness of the matter at hand. Your elected rep can't obtain for you a desired outcome, but he or she can make certain that USCIS is doing their jobs at processing your case in a timely and appropriate manner. The problem is in getting an elected rep who cares enough about you. If yours does care, then you're quite fortunate.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Just got back from infopass. While we didn't accomplish anything, my wife and me(begrudgingly) are glad we at least know a little more...or not. The woman thought it was for a medical supplement, as a lot of K1s are getting RFE's for full medicals, which isn't required. We showed her the notice and she said it looks like the medical form they needed wasn't in the package. She recommended getting a full medical. I asked about our paper work being lost or in the wrong file, but she said when they look at a case, they request the medical from where you got processed. It's at that point they find out our sheet isn't in the package. I said we needed the medical in order to get the visa. She said she knows, but they can't do anything about it. At least we were in and out in a hurry. :bonk:

On a side note, the lady and the security guards were all nice.

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

That totally befuddles me - why would they get the medical info from the place you had the medical? Isn't that one of the things that the consulate received, and then that's in the 'do not open' envelope that you take with you to POE?

Seems like a hell of a lot of back and forth of paperwork trading hands from consulates to USCIS (when they should already have the info anyway).

SA4userbar.jpg

That totally befuddles me - why would they get the medical info from the place you had the medical? Isn't that one of the things that the consulate received, and then that's in the 'do not open' envelope that you take with you to POE?

No, they call your POE for the medical. At least that's what she made it sound like.

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

Sorry for the redundency from the April filers post, but here goes: I called my congressman's office yesterday a) to thank them and B) to let them know of my issue so it could be prevented from happening to others down the road. The aide, Ann, said how over burdened everything is but USCIS is hoping to hire more people to help ease that. I say we all apply for jobs and make sure everything is done right. ;)

Anyway, she's putting in another request about our case, but recommended getting another medical. She said to check online about our case, but I said it hadn't been updated since our last touch and it was missing the RFE. I told her about VJ and she said it was good there was something like this where we could get info/experiences to share.

Orc(another VJ'r gave us a list of a few doctors in the area and there's one that's $102 for everything, and they have Saturday hours which is good since I can take my wife.

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

Nothing new to report other than my wife has her new medical scheduled for August 11th and 14th. The second day is to get the TB results looked at.

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

Just a quick update on the medical RFE: My congressman's office called again this morning and said they spoke to whoever they talk with at USCIS and they are demanding everyone that got a medical RFE get new medicals. She's going to put in another letter, but there's not much else to do. I offered my availability for advice from someone who's been through the process, but apparently, you can only volunteer during a campaign.

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

No, they call your POE for the medical. At least that's what she made it sound like.

VERY interesting, but my skeptical side still says no way. But hey, all we can go on is what they tell us, right?

Glad you got the medical scheduled anyway (sucks about the extra $$ out of pocket though!).

SA4userbar.jpg

Because I can't help myself, Idecided to call the 800 number again. I asked the woman if by chance, our medical was lost. She said sometimes people have two 'A' numbers and that can mess things up. She confirmed we didn't have two 'A' numbers and that she'd look into our case. Coinsedently, she was also the person I spoke to last time. I guess she remembered our last name.

I also received a copy of the new letter my Congressman sent to USCIS:

Dear Ms.X,

I am writing again on the matter of (me) and his wife, (her) A#XXXX. A signed release and other documents are enclosed. Please review again the documents provided to me by my constituents. They have submitted medical forms and these papers as their copy. Is it required that they resubmit the forms, incurring once again the added high costs of another medical examination?

Please review this matter and appraise me of the results of your review. I appreciate your attention to this mater and may be reached at my district office. Thank you kindly for your review and reply.

Sincerely,

Joe Sestak

Member of Congress

My wife and I liked the wording of everything, but will no doubt, not hear anything by Saturday, which is fine. I liked that they called us to say they were following up with this.

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

• 2 weeks later...

My wife went for her "new" :( Medical on Saturday. We went back this morning for the doctor to look at the TB test, which he barely glanced at. He also didn't have the stethescope against her chest long enough to hear a heartbeat nor for her to take a deep breath when ot was on her back. He said, "let me see your belly" and she lifted her shirt and he barely looked at that and said, "Your good". We go back Wednesday for the paperwork. My wife recommends this place because it was even more of a joke than her medical in Toronto. For $102, why not?

Dr. Emil P. Sfedu, Executive Health Services, Inc.

716 North 24th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130

(215) 235-3000

BTW, this doctor's office, unlike others we called, knew what they were doing. No questions about what forms to fill out, very helpful with other people calling for info while we were waiting, etc.

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.