Dave Knapp

Online I-130 Application has a bug that populates the end date of your current marriage

6 posts in this topic

There was a post on another topic that pointed out that the  I-130 online app was filling in an end date for the UCS's current marriage ( to the beneficiary ) with the end date of the previous marriage listed below it.  Nobody seemed to get excited about it, but it seems serious to me and it has happened to at least 2 of us. It occurs on page 3 of 18, in the left hand column, about halfway down, under the heading "Name all your spouses."  I'm curious as to how best to fix this issue. Thanks for listening.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/4/2021 at 10:35 PM, Dave Knapp said:

There was a post on another topic that pointed out that the  I-130 online app was filling in an end date for the UCS's current marriage ( to the beneficiary ) with the end date of the previous marriage listed below it.  Nobody seemed to get excited about it, but it seems serious to me and it has happened to at least 2 of us. It occurs on page 3 of 18, in the left hand column, about halfway down, under the heading "Name all your spouses."  I'm curious as to how best to fix this issue. Thanks for listening.  

I just check mine and d date was messed up

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think I know what you are talking about. I looked at that question a few weeks ago. I noticed that I had written the date of my marriage as the end date. I got worried about it and decided to send an email to USCIS. After sending the email, I remembered that the reason I wrote the date of my marriage is because it did not let me write "Present". In other words, my marriage now is still ongoing, there is no end date. And I had no idea what date to write since the correct response would be still married at present, or still married now. 

The reply I got back was that an officer would be adjudicating my application and will take into account all the information I entered. So it was not an answer about my particular "mistake" as that is what I told them on my email. But like I said, now I remember that I could not write anything other than a date on that particular question. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/5/2021 at 3:35 AM, Dave Knapp said:

Go online and file a typographical error on the USCIS site, it would be corrected. Mine did the same thing and after I filled the typographical error online, USCIS emailed me two weeks later saying the adjudicating officer will correct at time of adjudication

On 12/12/2021 at 6:05 AM, PrinceChisom said:

Go online and file a typographical error on the USCIS site, it would be corrected. Mine did the same thing and after I filled the typographical error online, USCIS emailed me two weeks later saying the adjudicating officer will correct at time of adjudication

I did that and they said they would respond by Nov 27, but they never did. I suppose I should ding them again.

• 1 year later...

Don't mean to necro an old thread but I just noticed the same exact bug (End date from previous marriage populated on the field for our current marriage) in the pdf version of the I-130 we filed online. So this bug clearly hasn't been fixed since. Is the consensus now to file a typographical error with USCIS or to just let it be? I don't mind filing the error, but I'm worried it might cause an extra delay. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.