BeHealthy

NVC to Mumbai Consulate Gather Here!!!

1,124 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, PhilG11 said:

Here's the link for each month for every country: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html. Once you click the Month/Year you want to view, a new window will open. You then have to scroll down and find Mumbai, and there is an exact breakdown of visa type+visas issued per type. This is for April 2022, Mumbai: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/APRIL 2022 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

Thank you! This is great information. One thing which I don't understand is that the latest report available for Mumbai is April 2022 but the National Backlog visa report is shows all the way up to May 2022....wonder why the break-out report by post is not in sync with the national report for backlog

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, JD2 said:

Why do you think July or even June for that matter is filled up?  Not saying you're wrong.  Just wondering.

I know June is most likely filled because some folks got interviews in CR1/IR1 category for the month of July. These folks were mostly converted LPR cases (those petitioners who filed as permanent resident but became US citizens). These folks have received interviews till July 7th. 

The reports in the links above also show there were MANY CR1/IR1 interviews done in Feb/March/April/May 2022. However I have not heard many get interviews in month of June and once this report comes out for June it will be obvious. I believe we are still waiting on July to fill up as more July interviews will come. My hope is they pick it back up in July and continue the momentum from Dec 2021 DQ onwards. 

32 minutes ago, RajPatil said:

I know June is most likely filled because some folks got interviews in CR1/IR1 category for the month of July. These folks were mostly converted LPR cases (those petitioners who filed as permanent resident but became US citizens). These folks have received interviews till July 7th. 

The reports in the links above also show there were MANY CR1/IR1 interviews done in Feb/March/April/May 2022. However I have not heard many get interviews in month of June and once this report comes out for June it will be obvious. I believe we are still waiting on July to fill up as more July interviews will come. My hope is they pick it back up in July and continue the momentum from Dec 2021 DQ onwards. 

I was worried the students would slow them down this summer.  I hope we don't have to wait til August for them to pick back up.  It seems like they're doing F2As and skipped people too in June/July.

Edited by JD2

On 6/1/2022 at 8:39 PM, RajPatil said:

I hope soo too. Or maybe even mid June 

Based on reading this forum, it really sounds like after Dec 2021 DQ dates, they have switched focus away from Immigrant Visas? It has been 1 year and 4 months since my wife and I started the immigration process and we are still waiting. Curious, while awaiting immigration to the US, are we allowed to apply to try and immigrate to a different country such as Canada/Australia? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, CHSIV25 said:

Seriously.

Has anyone heard of people getting IL who got DQ in 2022? My parents are in IR5 and got DQ on Jan 4, 2022, still waiting for IL at Mumbai

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.