Ramad

I-130 to NVC to DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED Time-lapse / CR1

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hi there, first I am a US citizen sponsoring my wife of almost 2 years. She is in Yemen, and we are currently on a waiting list for a US Visa in Djibouti. Form I-130 was submitted on 04/05/2021 Priority date is 04/22/2021 and was completed and transferred to NVC on 07/17/2021. All documents were accurately submitted to NVC on 08/06/2021. And finally on 10/28/2021 we received a message "DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED". The cacategory we are in is *CR1

I thought of sharing this as that we, as my wife and I, been searching the internet and following the process of cases.. but came to the last point of how long from now till the interview is scheduled.

Any idea or based on a similar experience, of how long the wait time until the interview is scheduled?

Best of luck to everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is form Yemen US embassy

Visa services at the U.S. Embassy in Sanaa have been suspended temporarily. We regret the inconvenience.

Notice: the U.S. Department of State has designated the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt to handle American Citizens Services cases emanating out of Yemen, as well as process visas for Yemeni citizens. If you are in Yemen and have questions about your federal benefits please contact FBU.Jerusalem@SSA.gov.

You need to look at Cairo embassy site to see how they are handling visa services for other countries

Timeline
Just now, JeanneAdil said:

This is form Yemen US embassy

Visa services at the U.S. Embassy in Sanaa have been suspended temporarily. We regret the inconvenience.

Notice: the U.S. Department of State has designated the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt to handle American Citizens Services cases emanating out of Yemen, as well as process visas for Yemeni citizens. If you are in Yemen and have questions about your federal benefits please contact FBU.Jerusalem@SSA.gov.

You need to look at Cairo embassy site to see how they are handling visa services for other countries

Hi no, the application and visa is being processed in Djibouti, not Yemen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ramad said:

Hi there, first I am a US citizen sponsoring my wife of almost 2 years. She is in Yemen, and we are currently on a waiting list for a US Visa in Djibouti. Form I-130 was submitted on 04/05/2021 Priority date is 04/22/2021 and was completed and transferred to NVC on 07/17/2021. All documents were accurately submitted to NVC on 08/06/2021. And finally on 10/28/2021 we received a message "DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED". The cacategory we are in is *CR1

I thought of sharing this as that we, as my wife and I, been searching the internet and following the process of cases.. but came to the last point of how long from now till the interview is scheduled.

Any idea or based on a similar experience, of how long the wait time until the interview is scheduled?

**Moved to North African forum"  To get better visibility from people from same region.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
9 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

**Moved to North African forum"  To get better visibility from people from same region.

Could you move it to East Africa if there is a forum for it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Ramad said:

Could you move it to East Africa if there is a forum for it?

Sorry Middle East and North Africa Forum includes East Africa also.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hey did you ever find out a timeline for your interview? I think Ethiopia is about to close down and so I’m also looking to transfer my case there.

Timeline
On 11/6/2021 at 9:10 AM, Katelyn_Wray said:

Hey did you ever find out a timeline for your interview? I think Ethiopia is about to close down and so I’m also looking to transfer my case there.

Hi, my case was qualified on the 28th of October this year it's a bit early to get an appointment. I would hopefully guess probably 2-3 months from that date to receive an interview. I have a lot of friends who were in Djibouti during covid that their period of staying there didn't even reach one month and a half! That's how fast they process immigrations.

The only downside about Djibouti is the cost of staying there. Rent and electricity are whopping sky high... but I'll keep you updated on my case, and good luck with yours!

Timeline

Update NOVEMBER 10, 2021

I have received a scheduled date for the interview in Djibouti DECEMBER 02, 2021 at 10:15 AM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
On 11/10/2021 at 6:24 AM, Ramad said:

Update NOVEMBER 10, 2021

I have received a scheduled date for the interview in Djibouti DECEMBER 02, 2021 at 10:15 AM

Wow, congrats, that was super fast! Were you required to go to Djibouti after your case got DQ in order for them to schedule your interview, or are you able to come over from Yemen once you have been scheduled? And thanks for the reply above :) 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Katelyn_Wray said:

Wow, congrats, that was super fast! Were you required to go to Djibouti after your case got DQ in order for them to schedule your interview, or are you able to come over from Yemen once you have been scheduled? And thanks for the reply above :) 

Thank you!

So my wife is already on her way to Djibouti from Yemen, she is all set.

As for me my flight will be this Saturday and arriving to Djibouti following day which is Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/29/2021 at 5:18 PM, Ramad said:

Did you get scheduled for uscis interview in the United State 

Timeline
Just now, Adam029 said:

Did you get scheduled for uscis interview in the United State 

No I didn't because our marriage is less than 2 years with no prior divorce or children.

Timeline
On 10/29/2021 at 5:18 PM, Ramad said:

Did you receive RFE or did you send in a expedite request 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.