TJ66

October 2021 I-130 Filers

345 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, DanielEya said:

I never heard of k3 since applied for it, not even denial letter.

Oh ok..I thought I’ve seen on your timeline that it was approved so I was surprised. I know they usually deny those.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ahtafoli said:

Oh ok..I thought I’ve seen on your timeline that it was approved so I was surprised. I know they usually deny those.

It’s my i130 that got approved 

4 minutes ago, DanielEya said:

It’s my i130 that got approved 

I know..I just thought I’ve seen the k3 as well. Well congrats again..hopefully the nvc step will be fast too. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
Just now, Ahtafoli said:

I know..I just thought I’ve seen the k3 as well. Well congrats again..hopefully the nvc step will be fast too. 

NVC estimate is about 4 months

15 hours ago, DanielEya said:

Thanks! Not too bad. I was expecting 6-8 months 😭😭.

On 3/29/2022 at 10:39 AM, DanielEya said:

Per State's website, as of April 4, it's 83 days from submission of docs to DQ. It has improved each week for a month now. 

Any approvals from Vermont? Someone was saying that they temporarily closed the office due to covid. This would explain why there is nothing happening from that service center. I’m hoping that’s not the case.

20 minutes ago, Ahtafoli said:

Any approvals from Vermont? Someone was saying that they temporarily closed the office due to covid. This would explain why there is nothing happening from that service center. I’m hoping that’s not the case.

I'm extremely frustrated with Vermont service center

PD - 6/23/21
AR - 11/30/21

RFE - 2/23/22
Response to RFE received  - 2/28/22

Reason for RFE was two of my uploaded documents were 'corrupted' so I had to rescan and upload them again (even though when logging into my case online i could download the 2 documents successfully to my computer)

Since 2/28/22 there has been nothing. 38 extremely frustrating days since I have seen others get there approval the day after submitting the RFE

At 60 days I can raise an inquiry but who knows what that will achieve. This whole process is ridiculous.

a bit of open communication would help. when I ask about my case through ask emma/calling they just say nothing can be told to me for 60 days. the not knowing what the hell is going on is the worst part

5 minutes ago, webber777 said:

I'm extremely frustrated with Vermont service center

PD - 6/23/21
AR - 11/30/21

RFE - 2/23/22
Response to RFE received  - 2/28/22

Reason for RFE was two of my uploaded documents were 'corrupted' so I had to rescan and upload them again (even though when logging into my case online i could download the 2 documents successfully to my computer)

Since 2/28/22 there has been nothing. 38 extremely frustrating days since I have seen others get there approval the day after submitting the RFE

At 60 days I can raise an inquiry but who knows what that will achieve. This whole process is ridiculous.

a bit of open communication would help. when I ask about my case through ask emma/calling they just say nothing can be told to me for 60 days. the not knowing what the hell is going on is the worst part

Wow, I also noticed the approvals immediately after submitting rfe docs. 

I can’t even imagine, I was hoping someone could shed some light from this service center but your case makes me even more worried. I have already started to doubt all my formats and re scanned couple documents the other day. 

There is no logic to any of this and we are all so desperately trying to figure it all out but we just can’t! They don’t give us anything. I asked today via live agent chat if they could give me any details as to where my case is i. The processing stage..the agent told me the last they see on my case is a document that was uploaded as more evidence..I mean the agent is practically telling me my own action status..I mean wow. You can feel how removed they are from all this. They are living robots.

6 minutes ago, Ahtafoli said:

Wow, I also noticed the approvals immediately after submitting rfe docs. 

I can’t even imagine, I was hoping someone could shed some light from this service center but your case makes me even more worried. I have already started to doubt all my formats and re scanned couple documents the other day. 

There is no logic to any of this and we are all so desperately trying to figure it all out but we just can’t! They don’t give us anything. I asked today via live agent chat if they could give me any details as to where my case is i. The processing stage..the agent told me the last they see on my case is a document that was uploaded as more evidence..I mean the agent is practically telling me my own action status..I mean wow. You can feel how removed they are from all this. They are living robots.

yeh the agents u get through to are useless. Like you say they literally just read your status off your case online. seems they have no access to anything more than we do!

I pretty much resigned myself to the fact nothing is happening till 60 days is up. i assume my case is buried under some papers on someone's desk somewhere. then I'll raise an enquiry and.....wait some more I guess.

Hopefully the enquiry flags someone to look at it but from research it looks like some people get there case looked at straight away after inquiry and some have had to raise multiple inquires (can redo every 30 days after first one) to actually get anything to happen so who even knows what the inquiry does. again there is no transparency at all on what is happening! 

seeing people from like jan and feb this year getting approved really is a kick in the guts. good for them and im happy for them but who the hell allows a process where the time it takes to get approved is so completely random. there has to be a first in, first out approach surely!

I don't actually understand how this process can seemingly be so luck based and poorly run. the fact its our whole lives that are on hold waiting on these visa approvals really makes the days long. its constantly at the back of your mind and quite often at the front ruining your day!

On 4/6/2022 at 7:27 PM, Ahtafoli said:

When we were moved to Vermont only Nebraska had shorter processing times. Now Vermont is the longest for I-130! So frustrating!

3 hours ago, TJ66 said:

When we were moved to Vermont only Nebraska had shorter processing times. Now Vermont is the longest for I-130! So frustrating!

I know!!! I was counting days before I realized I was transferred to Vermont. The good news is that I’ve sen many approvals that were transferred from Nebraska and received approvals pretty fast.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.