4 posts in this topic

Hi fellows 

So my wife got her IR1 and i just paid her green card fee on USCIS

I've recently moved to a new place so the address listed on her i130/i864 is will not be used to receive her green card.

I remember i entered my new address when i paid the 220 fee on USCIS two days ago, however, i can't remember if it was for a billing address or confirming the receiving address 

So my question is, since i've already paid the fee, at her POE of end of this month, can she still update the green card receiving address with the staff over there?

If she updated at POE,  is there any way to make sure that the staff correctly updated our new address after her entry?

Thanks. 

14 hours ago, taessica said:

Hi fellows 

So my wife got her IR1 and i just paid her green card fee on USCIS

I've recently moved to a new place so the address listed on her i130/i864 is will not be used to receive her green card.

I remember i entered my new address when i paid the 220 fee on USCIS two days ago, however, i can't remember if it was for a billing address or confirming the receiving address 

So my question is, since i've already paid the fee, at her POE of end of this month, can she still update the green card receiving address with the staff over there?

If she updated at POE,  is there any way to make sure that the staff correctly updated our new address after her entry?

Thanks. 

My wife changed the green card mailing address with CBP at the POE last month, after having paid the IV fee. I sent her the new address in an email to print out and hand to the officer.

It's been a month since her entry and no card has arrived yet. I'm not sure how or where to look up whether the address was entered correctly, but it may be possible to go to a CBP deferred inspection site for that if there is one near you (there is one inside our local airport).

Edit: you mentioned the address listed on the I-130/I-864 but the address for the permanent resident card will actually be the one entered on the DS-260, unless subsequently changed at the visa interview or at POE. You should still be able to access the DS-260 through CEAC (this would have been completed during the NVC process).

Edited by JKLSemicolon

• 2 months later...

In case this can be of use to anyone, despite my wife providing a different mailing address to CBP at POE, the GC was still mailed to the address on the DS-260.

In our case it didn't cause a problem since it simply went to our physical address instead of the mailing address that we tried to provide, but if someone were to move and need to change the address at POE I would encourage them to be proactive in following up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.