smangat95

AOS package Check Before Submission

6 posts in this topic

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello - just about to concurrently file for I-130, I-485, I-864, I-131 and I-765. Please take a look and let me know if I am missing anything. I am adjusting from TN status after marrying a US citizen. 

Also, I am mailing this package to the USCIS Phoenix Lockbox, is that correct? I thought every AOS package went to Chicago, but when I look online at this website https://www.uscis.gov/forms/all-forms/direct-filing-addresses-for-form-i-485-application-to-register-permanent-residence-or-adjust-status it looks like people from Colorado would file in Phoenix. Or am I reading this wrong?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read through this. 

image.png.d305ba831c19f0a00be4a3f6fedeb5ae.png

image.png.2ed3c5ec9feb29eff17904afe6080335.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

You have an inconsistency in your first sentence of your OP and the last line of your OP. Do have an I-130A?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You have an inconsistency in your first sentence of your OP and the last line of your OP. Do have an I-130A?

What is the inconsistency? 

I do have an 1-130A, its listed at the bottom. I forgot to bold it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
50 minutes ago, smangat95 said:

Hello - just about to concurrently file for I-130, I-485, I-864, I-131 and I-765. Please take a look and let me know if I am missing anything. I am adjusting from TN status after marrying a US citizen. 

Also, I am mailing this package to the USCIS Phoenix Lockbox, is that correct? I thought every AOS package went to Chicago, but when I look online at this website https://www.uscis.gov/forms/all-forms/direct-filing-addresses-for-form-i-485-application-to-register-permanent-residence-or-adjust-status it looks like people from Colorado would file in Phoenix. Or am I reading this wrong?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read through this. 

image.png.d305ba831c19f0a00be4a3f6fedeb5ae.png

image.png.2ed3c5ec9feb29eff17904afe6080335.png

Yes, they must have changed it recently. I filed back in July from Nevada and sent it to Chicago lockbox. Now the link you provided shows Colorado and Nevada goes to Phoenix. Please follow the instructions and file in Phoenix if you live in Colorado. Good luck!

Also, if you want to get your I-130 in the queue sooner, filing online is easy and the same as filing on paper concurrently. The online filing will hand hold you so it is impossible to miss anything and you will not get RFE. You will get a pdf receipt and a paper receipt in the mail a week later. You can attach the electronic pdf when you mail your I-485/I-131/1765 to Phoenix. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
34 minutes ago, smangat95 said:

What is the inconsistency? 

1 hour ago, smangat95 said:

Hello - just about to concurrently file for I-130, I-485, I-864, I-131 and I-765.

I don’t see an I-130A in that there sentence you wrote. 

Close don’t count with USCIS.  

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I don’t see an I-130A in that there sentence you wrote. 

Close don’t count with USCIS.  

Oh I see. Yes I do have the 130A. I state it in my cover letter as well. I just don't know how to edit my OP. 

13 minutes ago, chancecody said:

Yes, they must have changed it recently. I filed back in July from Nevada and sent it to Chicago lockbox. Now the link you provided shows Colorado and Nevada goes to Phoenix. Please follow the instructions and file in Phoenix if you live in Colorado. Good luck!

Also, if you want to get your I-130 in the queue sooner, filing online is easy and the same as filing on paper concurrently. The online filing will hand hold you so it is impossible to miss anything and you will not get RFE. You will get a pdf receipt and a paper receipt in the mail a week later. You can attach the electronic pdf when you mail your I-485/I-131/1765 to Phoenix. 

Thanks for the confirmation! I kept thinking I was reading the website wrong. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.