JojoandTomas

October 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

272 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline
On 12/6/2021 at 4:50 AM, Keithn85 said:

So I was wondering the same thing.  I noticed when I received the email (and forwarded it to her) that it only had the I-129F petition.  No supporting (pictures, etc) that I could tell.  Also, they forgot a page (i guess they were not concerned about it) of my past states I lived in.  For me, all that matters is that stamp and writing at the top of page one :).  

My NVC email didn’t have our I129F package scans. Is it supposed to? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, Abhik30 said:

Finally got the "In Transit" email from NVC. Positive signs!

As per the DHL website, it will reach Muscat, Oman in a week. So, I was wondering if I should have my fiancé courier me I134 and other documents soon. Is there an expiry date for the I134 and the bank statement?
Let's say the I134 is dated 12.14.2021 but my interview is the 12.25.2021? Would the date be an issue?

Basically you want to think of it this way.  And I tried to type this on my phone earlier but that did not pan out so well.
There is no expiry date, but what I am trying to do is prepare everything right now and make edits later.  For courier stuff for bank statements and the I-134, I would have the petitioner email the embassy, or you can, and ask if originals of I-134 and supporting documents are required.  I only suggest this because in Ukraine, I can email my copies to the beneficiary (Anna) and she can print them out as proof.  If this is the case for Oman, that would save you all some headache in coordinating shipping methods and you would only need to plan a time to print out documents.  

The date is not an issue.  Unless the petitioner signed/emailed the documents directly before going to sleep, the documents will not show the same date.  The goal for the I-134 and supporting documents is to show that at the present time of the interview, the petitioner can support you as the beneficiary.  

6 hours ago, Abhik30 said:

My NVC email didn’t have our I129F package scans. Is it supposed to? 

The scans I received were 1 week after the petition arrived to the embassy.  You or the petitioner should receive the email within 2 weeks of when the embassy receives it.  If it ships this week, an email with instructions from the embassy should be received by 17.12 or 24.12 (december 17th or 24th) if not earlier.
I am excited for you both!  Especially since it is showing in transit!

Timeline

image.thumb.png.a924d9dd2730e14700d62c6f3575c0f2.png

@Abhik30 It looks like the petition for you is arriving to Muscat on Tuesday 14.12.  You or the petitioner can use that waybill number to track the petition as it moves along.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

Basically you want to think of it this way.  And I tried to type this on my phone earlier but that did not pan out so well.
There is no expiry date, but what I am trying to do is prepare everything right now and make edits later.  For courier stuff for bank statements and the I-134, I would have the petitioner email the embassy, or you can, and ask if originals of I-134 and supporting documents are required.  I only suggest this because in Ukraine, I can email my copies to the beneficiary (Anna) and she can print them out as proof.  If this is the case for Oman, that would save you all some headache in coordinating shipping methods and you would only need to plan a time to print out documents.  

The date is not an issue.  Unless the petitioner signed/emailed the documents directly before going to sleep, the documents will not show the same date.  The goal for the I-134 and supporting documents is to show that at the present time of the interview, the petitioner can support you as the beneficiary.  

The scans I received were 1 week after the petition arrived to the embassy.  You or the petitioner should receive the email within 2 weeks of when the embassy receives it.  If it ships this week, an email with instructions from the embassy should be received by 17.12 or 24.12 (december 17th or 24th) if not earlier.
I am excited for you both!  Especially since it is showing in transit!

I emailed my embassy thrice and they have dodged the question every time for some reason. So, I can’t say for sure if they will be okay with scanned copies. I found a person who went through the process last year and she said the embassy is strict for K1’s. To be on the safe side, I’m gonna have my fiancé mail me the documents. Maybe once they let me know my date of interview. 

I’ll def have my fiancé keep an eye out for that email with the scans. Thank you so much. I’m very excited for us all. Slow and steady we are all moving forward. 

41 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

image.thumb.png.a924d9dd2730e14700d62c6f3575c0f2.png

@Abhik30 It looks like the petition for you is arriving to Muscat on Tuesday 14.12.  You or the petitioner can use that waybill number to track the petition as it moves along.

I have been using your method of DHL to track it. Hahaha. Again thanks. It helps with the anxiety. 

8 minutes ago, Timothy87 said:

NOA2 was on 10-21, received the 1-797 form in on 10-26. We still have not received any notice for the NVC on our case. So...36 working days not excluding any national holidays. Is this normal?

They are not going to contact you till they send your case to your embassy. If you wanna know your case number which is going to help you for being checking your case status you need to call NVC.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Timothy87 said:

NOA2 was on 10-21, received the 1-797 form in on 10-26. We still have not received any notice for the NVC on our case. So...36 working days not excluding any national holidays. Is this normal?

Yeah call NVC and let them know you are wondering if your petition arrived and if there is a case # assigned.  Their wait time is not as bad if you call early morning or evening.  Seems like late morning or closer to lunch is a bit more of a wait.

Timeline

Well, we found our interview times.  I talk like I am there.  I found interview times for both of them (her and her son) for next week Tuesday.  We were going to do ASAP, but the only times this week are Tuesday and Wednesday.  Both of them have their medical Monday morning so between that and the COVID vaccination, it is better to wait 1 week.  Appointments are scarce in December now (which makes sense because we are approaching the halfway mark of the year) but January is not lacking in appointment days.  The appointment should be scheduled within the next 2 hours today and then it will be me emailing all the paperwork to her, including my reaffirmation with an updated intent to marry.  I am definitely excited about this and I know she is also.  We both are just concentrated on taking this one step at a time but Friday was awesome for her.  We submitted both corrected DS-160s (we had to complete another app for her because I put official for her passport.  It is regular by the way unless the beneficiary or child are diplomatic or government people) with pictures and 1 hour later she went to the banks to withdraw and pay for the MRV.  She provided me the receipt numbers at my lunch break (which was 8 hours later) and I attempted last night (almost 20 hours after she visited the bank) to put in the receipt information.  She told me the bank said the next morning.  I read on the site for 10am the next morning, but I thought it was 10am weekdays only.  I checked this morning, put in the receipt numbers for both of them, and the system accepted them as valid numbers and showed me the available appointments.  So for the appointment thing, just check following morning after the MRV is paid.  Just as with other computer systems, it works 24/7/365 so it does not wait until Monday to open appointments if you pay on a Friday.

Timeline
On 12/11/2021 at 8:46 PM, Keithn85 said:

Well, we found our interview times.  I talk like I am there.  I found interview times for both of them (her and her son) for next week Tuesday.  We were going to do ASAP, but the only times this week are Tuesday and Wednesday.  Both of them have their medical Monday morning so between that and the COVID vaccination, it is better to wait 1 week.  Appointments are scarce in December now (which makes sense because we are approaching the halfway mark of the year) but January is not lacking in appointment days.  The appointment should be scheduled within the next 2 hours today and then it will be me emailing all the paperwork to her, including my reaffirmation with an updated intent to marry.  I am definitely excited about this and I know she is also.  We both are just concentrated on taking this one step at a time but Friday was awesome for her.  We submitted both corrected DS-160s (we had to complete another app for her because I put official for her passport.  It is regular by the way unless the beneficiary or child are diplomatic or government people) with pictures and 1 hour later she went to the banks to withdraw and pay for the MRV.  She provided me the receipt numbers at my lunch break (which was 8 hours later) and I attempted last night (almost 20 hours after she visited the bank) to put in the receipt information.  She told me the bank said the next morning.  I read on the site for 10am the next morning, but I thought it was 10am weekdays only.  I checked this morning, put in the receipt numbers for both of them, and the system accepted them as valid numbers and showed me the available appointments.  So for the appointment thing, just check following morning after the MRV is paid.  Just as with other computer systems, it works 24/7/365 so it does not wait until Monday to open appointments if you pay on a Friday.

That’s awesome!! I’m happy for you guys. 
any progress is good and I’m glad we are all close to the finish line. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Abhik30 said:

So, the package that I was tracking through DHL delievered yesterday. How much time does embassy take to turn the status into ready? Still says "In Transit" on the ceac status page.

Usually takes 2 days. The NVC sends the documents by DHL Express so 2 days for sending over, unless you have any national holiday or weekend in front. But after arrival it changes the same day to ready.

- K-1 Visa Journey - 

Spoiler

02/12/2021 - Filed Petition

02/19/2021 - Received Date NOA1

03/19/2021 - Received NOA1 Letter

10/14/2021 - Sent Case Inquiry
10/26/2021 - Received NOA2
11/12/2021 - Case created NVC
11/23/2021 - Case left NVC

11/26/2021 - Consulate Received

12/04/2021 - Received Paket 3 (Instruction)

12/21/2021 - Sent Paket 3

01/07/2022 - Medical Exam

01/24/2022 - Interview Date

01/24/2022 - Approved

- AOS Journey - 

Spoiler

05/03/2022 - Filed Petition

05/12/2022 - NOA1

05/19/2022 - RFE

06/06/2022 - Biometrics

Timeline
6 hours ago, thekevkev said:

Usually takes 2 days. The NVC sends the documents by DHL Express so 2 days for sending over, unless you have any national holiday or weekend in front. But after arrival it changes the same day to ready.

Mine just switched a few hours ago!! 

also my embassy asked me to fill out a DS 156. Which I cannot find anywhere 😕

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Abhik30 said:

Mine just switched a few hours ago!! 

also my embassy asked me to fill out a DS 156. Which I cannot find anywhere 😕

Congrats!

Yeah should be the DS-160. Never heard of the DS-156. Usually you find it on the CEAC site to file. Just of my experience, use Firefox, take your time filling it out, please be aware of not taking too long or else the website times out and you can fill it out again. Save your progress on every page, saves you a lot of struggle lol. Overall took me several hours to complete, because the website gave me too much of a struggle.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Edited by thekevkev

- K-1 Visa Journey - 

Spoiler

02/12/2021 - Filed Petition

02/19/2021 - Received Date NOA1

03/19/2021 - Received NOA1 Letter

10/14/2021 - Sent Case Inquiry
10/26/2021 - Received NOA2
11/12/2021 - Case created NVC
11/23/2021 - Case left NVC

11/26/2021 - Consulate Received

12/04/2021 - Received Paket 3 (Instruction)

12/21/2021 - Sent Paket 3

01/07/2022 - Medical Exam

01/24/2022 - Interview Date

01/24/2022 - Approved

- AOS Journey - 

Spoiler

05/03/2022 - Filed Petition

05/12/2022 - NOA1

05/19/2022 - RFE

06/06/2022 - Biometrics

Timeline
15 minutes ago, thekevkev said:

Congrats!

Yeah should be the DS-160. Never heard of the DS-156. Usually you find it on the CEAC site to file. Just of my experience, use Firefox, take your time filling it out, please be aware of not taking too long or else the website times out and you can fill it out again. Save your progress on every page, saves you a lot of struggle lol. Overall took me several hours to complete, because the website gave me too much of a struggle.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Thank you for the pointers! 
ill definitely take them into consideration

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.