Samibra

From Madagascar but living in Kenya

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, Samibra said:

Sorry for the delay. YES I AM US Citizen

Are you the USC husband or the beneficiary from Madagascar?

It seems the first few posts were from the beneficiary.  Are you sharing the same VJ account?  If so, please create a separate account for you (it's free).  It helps when we know for whom we are responding.

The beneficiary can interview in Kenya.  I would advise to list the beneficiary's current address as the one in Kenya.  NVC has been known to use the current address when creating the case file for the country/consulate.

Filed: Other Country: Comoros
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Are you the USC husband or the beneficiary from Madagascar?

It seems the first few posts were from the beneficiary.  Are you sharing the same VJ account?  If so, please create a separate account for you (it's free).  It helps when we know for whom we are responding.

The beneficiary can interview in Kenya.  I would advise to list the beneficiary's current address as the one in Kenya.  NVC has been known to use the current address when creating the case file for the country/consulate.

What I wrote before it was not for me. someone asked me and I didn't know the answer so I asked you guys. not everyone speaking English. I speak French , Russian and a little bit English that why I can write here to know more info.

and Now I am the USC husband and the beneficiary from Madagascar but living and studying  in Kenya 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Samibra said:

What I wrote before it was not for me. someone asked me and I didn't know the answer so I asked you guys. not everyone speaking English. I speak French , Russian and a little bit English that why I can write here to know more info.

and Now I am the USC husband and the beneficiary from Madagascar but living and studying  in Kenya 

I am a bit confused.  You are the USC husband and only speak a little bit of English?  Or are you the beneficiary who is studying in Kenya?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I am a bit confused.  You are the USC husband and only speak a little bit of English?  Or are you the beneficiary who is studying in Kenya?

Sorry I mean he is USC my husband and I do speak a little bit English . so I am the beneficiary . I am studding in Kenya . so He asked me to go back to Madagascar because maybe I can't get the visa from here . That why I need a help because because I didn't finish to study

Edited by Samibra

Timeline

Oh, ok.

You can interview in Kenya.  But the spouse visa might take up to 2 years to get to the interview stage. If you plan to keep studying for 2 or more years in Kenya, then I suggest listing the consulate in Kenya as your embassy/consulate and your current address as the one in Kenya.

Edited by SteveInBostonI130
typo

Timeline
1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Oh, ok.

You can interview in Kenya.  But the spouse visa might take up to 2 years to get to the interview stage. If you plan to keep studying for 2 or more years in Kenya, then I suggest listing the consulate in Kenya as your embassy/consulate and your current address as the one in Kenya.

Thanks for everything. but you just tell me that the spouse visa might take up to 2 years to get to the interview stage, and you suggest me listing the consulate in Kenya as my embassy/consulate and my current address as the one in Kenya? so that mean I need to wait up to 2 years? how to avoid that? because I am ready here one year or less and go to Madagasacr for interview if there, I can avoid the 2 years to get to the interview. Please help, whcich one is good. what is the best solution? 

Thanks

Timeline

The "up to 2 years" is the typical processing time for a spouse visa.  It is about the same wait for Madagascar and Kenya.  There is no advantage with either location/country.

If you already planned to be in Kenya to study for 2 years or more, then it makes sense to list Kenya for your consulate and current address.  If you are only planning to study in Kenya for a year or so, then it would probably be better to list Madagascar for your consulate and address.

Timeline
3 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

The "up to 2 years" is the typical processing time for a spouse visa.  It is about the same wait for Madagascar and Kenya.  There is no advantage with either location/country.

If you already planned to be in Kenya to study for 2 years or more, then it makes sense to list Kenya for your consulate and current address.  If you are only planning to study in Kenya for a year or so, then it would probably be better to list Madagascar for your consulate and address.

Thanks a lot. How about this: 

This a good idea or no?

K-3/K-4 Nonimmigrant Visas

If you are a U.S. citizen and you filed a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for your foreign spouse who is abroad, you can also file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). This is the first step for your spouse and his or her children to obtain a visa to come to the United States while you wait for USCIS to make a decision on the Form I-130. Historically, you and your family members might have been separated for some time while waiting for a decision on your Form I-130. Congress sought to resolve this problem by creating K-3 and K-4 nonimmigrant visas to shorten the time your family would need to spend apart. However, because USCIS now takes less time to adjudicate the Form I-130, the current need for K-3 and K-4 visas is rare.

2 hours ago, Samibra said:

the current need for K-3 and K-4 visas is rare.

^As this part says, that visa is very rare. There has been zero K-3 visas issued since the 03/20/2020 DOS "Suspension of Routine Visa Services." https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-nonimmigrant-visa-issuances.html

Timeline
15 minutes ago, HRQX said:

^As this part says, that visa is very rare. There has been zero K-3 visas issued since the 03/20/2020 DOS "Suspension of Routine Visa Services." https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-nonimmigrant-visa-issuances.html

Thank  you

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Samibra said:

Thank  you

I think I am going to use Madagascar for the interview.  I will stay here until the time for the interview and go back to make it. Like you said my husband will receive all document from USCIS , so I don't have to worry that they will send me a documents. when my husband will tell me the date of the interview so I will go back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.