Samibra

From Madagascar but living in Kenya

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Comoros
Timeline

Hello Dear, 

I need some help or Idea. My husband who is living in USA want to petition me. I am from Madagascar but I am living know in Kenya. My question is. When he is doing the petition, do he need to write my current address or Madagascar's address?  and It's possible to get the visa here in Kenya or I need to go back to Madagascar if everything will be ok?

Thanks for your help    

6 minutes ago, Samibra said:

Hello Dear, 

I need some help or Idea. My husband who is living in USA want to petition me. I am from Madagascar but I am living know in Kenya. My question is. When he is doing the petition, do he need to write my current address or Madagascar's address?  and It's possible to get the visa here in Kenya or I need to go back to Madagascar if everything will be ok?

Thanks for your help    

And yet you have the Indonesian flag on your profile?

If you have legal residence in a country other than your country of citizenship, you can generally be interviewed for an immigrant visa there.

You will be responsible for obtaining the required police certificates.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, HRQX said:

What is your legal status in Kenya?

I am just a student here 

11 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

And yet you have the Indonesian flag on your profile?

If you have legal residence in a country other than your country of citizenship, you can generally be interviewed for an immigrant visa there.

You will be responsible for obtaining the required police certificates.

No I have just a student visa here 

25 minutes ago, Samibra said:

I am just a student here 

No I have just a student visa here 

Are you planning on returning to Madagascar? Or will you continue your studies in Kenya until you leave for the States?

If your studies will end soon, I would put Madagascar as your interviewing embassy as you might not qualify for an interview before October 2022. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

Are you planning on returning to Madagascar? Or will you continue your studies in Kenya until you leave for the States?

If your studies will end soon, I would put Madagascar as your interviewing embassy as you might not qualify for an interview before October 2022. 

I want to continue my studies here until I leave for the states. Even if I put the Madagascar Address, so how can I received them if I am not there because I am from village so I don't know how to get what they are going to send me. 

Also I have another question, it's good to do the application online or I need to post them?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Samibra said:

I want to continue my studies here until I leave for the states. Even if I put the Madagascar Address, so how can I received them if I am not there because I am from village so I don't know how to get what they are going to send me. 

Also I have another question, it's good to do the application online or I need to post them?

Thanks

The petitioner receives the physical mail (NOA1 and NOA2) not the beneficiary. I believe the only mail you receive will be your passport, after you pass the interview (and that is usually via a courier not the post office).

The USC spouse fills out the petition. Filling out the petition online is easier as you receive your notices via email and NOA1 is immediate. But, some people prefer to file by mail as the online system can be a little buggy.   

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

The petitioner receives the physical mail (NOA1 and NOA2) not the beneficiary. I believe the only mail you receive will be your passport, after you pass the interview (and that is usually via a courier not the post office).

The USC spouse fills out the petition. Filling out the petition online is easier as you receive your notices via email and NOA1 is immediate. But, some people prefer to file by mail as the online system can be a little buggy.   

Thank you for your answer. So I can live in Kenya until the time of the interview and go back to Madagascar . that is correct?

Just now, Samibra said:

Thank you for your answer. So I can live in Kenya until the time of the interview and go back to Madagascar . that is correct?

As long as you Kenya allows you to stay, you can live in Kenya.

If you want to interview in Madagascar, you can do it. Just be aware you will have to undergo your medical in Madagascar if that is your interview location. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

As long as you Kenya allows you to stay, you can live in Kenya.

If you want to interview in Madagascar, you can do it. Just be aware you will have to undergo your medical in Madagascar if that is your interview location. 

Ok i get it , thanks a lot. and how long will take when i get my medical and the interview? Just want to know if I go back to Madagascar  for the medical I don't need to come back to kenya and waiting the interview or it will take a couple months to the interview?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, HRQX said:

You can interview in Kenya if you want: https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM050404.html "Defining Residence"

I open this link but I don't get what do you want to tell me. there are a lot of information. maybe better to hire a lawyer ( that is expensive)  to prepare my documents? I am confuse anything. 

24 minutes ago, Samibra said:

to prepare my documents?

The online form is straightforward: https://www.uscis.gov/i-130 The US citizen fills it out. He will input Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya for "he or she will apply for an immigrant visa abroad at the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate in" fields. He'll leave the following fields completely blank and skip them:

FB_IMG_1603177415118.jpg

Timeline
5 minutes ago, HRQX said:

The online form is straightforward: https://www.uscis.gov/i-130 The US citizen fills it out. He will input Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya for "he or she will apply for an immigrant visa abroad at the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate in" fields. He'll leave the following fields completely blank and skip them:

FB_IMG_1603177415118.jpg

Thanks  but I didn't get it. ok for example I am the petitioner and she is the beneficiary but she is living in Kenya. she have a student VISA in Kenya. She is from Madagascar by nationality. So how she can interview in Kenya if Madagascar is her interview country? 

<< The US citizen fills it out. He will input Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya for "he or she will apply for an immigrant visa abroad at the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate in" fields. He'll leave the following fields completely blank and skip them:>>  => I really didnt get what are you talking about here. sorry for that.

3 minutes ago, Samibra said:

ok for example I am the petitioner and she is the beneficiary but she is living in Kenya. she have a student VISA in Kenya. She is from Madagascar by nationality.

Since the beneficiary is living in Kenya then she can interview either in Nairobi or Antananarivo. I.e. the petitioner makes the selection in the appropriate field:

17 minutes ago, HRQX said:

"he or she will apply for an immigrant visa abroad at the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate in"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.