Immigrant8

Tourist B2 visa from India

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

We want to apply for my in-laws B2 tourist visa from India. Can please anyone tell me what is current situation regarding B2 visa interview appointment and expected changes coming up in near future? Any workaround get visa processed faster?

Also, do we need to fill out two separate DS 160 forms for both in-laws if both of them are travelling together?

Let me know if any question.

Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 1:11 PM, Immigrant8 said:

Any workaround get visa processed faster?

No.

Maybe consider visiting them instead.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/1/2021 at 4:11 PM, Immigrant8 said:

Hello guys,

We want to apply for my in-laws B2 tourist visa from India. Can please anyone tell me what is current situation regarding B2 visa interview appointment and expected changes coming up in near future? Any workaround get visa processed faster?

Also, do we need to fill out two separate DS 160 forms for both in-laws if both of them are travelling together?

Let me know if any question.

Thank you. 

Could you please update if you get to know about the resumption of tourist visa issuance from India?? I think the only way you can check for actual available dates if you have paid the visa fees from the ustraveldocs account. If you have paid the fees and see any dates available, it would be nice to know. 

Also you can create one ustraveldocs account for one of your in laws and add the other one as dependent in the same account - however, you'll still need to fill out separate DS 160 for them. 

Edited by Jack & Anne

Timeline
On 10/20/2021 at 7:21 PM, Saman1103 said:

I'm in the same boat. The website says appointments are emergency only. :(

It has been like that for a while but if you know someone who has an unused visa fee for whatever category on their ustraveldocs, they can check and see of any actual appointments are available at any of the Consulates. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jack & Anne said:

It has been like that for a while but if you know someone who has an unused visa fee for whatever category on their ustraveldocs, they can check and see of any actual appointments are available at any of the Consulates. 

I don't know anyone. I may just pay the fee so I can see. Does the fee ever expire?

37 minutes ago, Saman1103 said:

I don't know anyone. I may just pay the fee so I can see. Does the fee ever expire?

Yes, but not for a good while. On the other hand, the fact that they have extended it so long (it is normally one year to expiry after payment)is not a good sign for anyone hoping for an appointment soon.

Visa Fees Validity Extension

The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in India understand that many visa applicants have paid the visa application processing fee and are still waiting to schedule a visa appointment. We are working diligently to restore all routine visa operations as quickly and safely as possible. In the meantime, rest assured that the U.S. Mission will extend the validity of your payment (known as the MRV fee) until September 30, 2023, to allow all applicants who were unable to schedule a visa appointment as a result of the suspension of routine consular operations an opportunity to schedule and/or attend a visa appointment with the already paid fee. Please continue to monitor this site for information on when we will return to routine visa operations.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/en/nonimmigrant-visa

Timeline
3 hours ago, Saman1103 said:

I had paid my K1 visa fees before the pandemic and they kept extending the dates and like the post above it does keep getting extended. It was 2022 and now September 2023. If you do end up paying the fees, could you please let us know here if you can see any dates? I'm trying to know about Kolkata consulate but would be happy to know about any other consulate in India with regards to the tourist visa right now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.