koblitzcam

Ready case status

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We just got an email from the NVC that they were sending our application to the Colombian embassy. We checked the ceac status and it said in transit. Yesterday it changed to ready. What can we do now? Can we schedule the interview without our packet of instructions? We just want to make this go as smooth and quickly as possible.

THANK YOU!

Timeline
On 10/1/2021 at 5:55 AM, koblitzcam said:

We just got an email from the NVC that they were sending our application to the Colombian embassy. We checked the ceac status and it said in transit. Yesterday it changed to ready. What can we do now? Can we schedule the interview without our packet of instructions? We just want to make this go as smooth and quickly as possible.

THANK YOU!

I don't know the answer but thats awesome.... Did you figure out the answer yet did you book your interview? 

Timeline

Unfortunately we still aren't sure. Even the government gives unclear instructions. They posted on their Instagram that if you check ceac and it says ready that you can schedule it. But when you check the status in the information underneath it's very clearly saying you have to wait for the packet of instructions.

Timeline

The email with the letter that reads:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Bogota, Colombia. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Is the email that you're talking about?

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Nat_Bogota said:

We never received a packet. After email we scheduled online the fingerprints and pickup site. Then called the doctors and organized. You have to do it yourself it seems

I meant to quote you on my last message. I hope you see this.

I'm on the same boat. You will have to wait for the US Embassy to respond with the packet of instructions. Please see note below:

K Visa Applicants: Please be advised that you must wait for the Packet of Instructions from the Embassy prior to scheduling your appointment. Although your case could appear Ready when you are checking the status in this platform, if you are applying for a K1 (fiancée visa) you need to wait for instructions from the Embassy to continue with the process. As soon as we receive the file from NVC, the Immigrant Visas Unit will send you notification that your case is ready for an interview and include instructions on the next steps. If you schedule an interview without authorization from the Embassy, your appointment will be canceled as we will not be ready to receive you.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Luis Gutierrez said:

I'm on the same boat. You will have to wait for the US Embassy to respond with the packet of instructions. Please see note below:

K Visa Applicants: Please be advised that you must wait for the Packet of Instructions from the Embassy prior to scheduling your appointment. Although your case could appear Ready when you are checking the status in this platform, if you are applying for a K1 (fiancée visa) you need to wait for instructions from the Embassy to continue with the process. As soon as we receive the file from NVC, the Immigrant Visas Unit will send you notification that your case is ready for an interview and include instructions on the next steps. If you schedule an interview without authorization from the Embassy, your appointment will be canceled as we will not be ready to receive you.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

The problem though is this is the generic message, and it seems other people are certain that Bogota is handling this differently. The official Instagram from Bogota embassy said if your case status is ready that you can schedule the interview.

Screenshot_20211001-114718_Chrome.jpg

As soon as our case was showing Ready, I (the USC), sent the embassy an email in English saying we are excited and please let us know the next steps (well a little more than that) with the case number and I attached his Turkish ID and passport since they are only doing interviews for Turkish residents. 

When we tried to make an appointment but there was a checkbox that said something like  you cannot proceed until you hear from the embassy, by checking this box you swear that they contacted you.  So needless to say we were scared and did not continue.  It took them a week to respond with We don't schedule appointments, go here and schedule, and review these documents. Once I received the email we considered it ok to proceed. I am not sure they would have ever sent us an email if we didn't send one first. 

In the meantime we filled the DS160, which was good because that was a requirement to move forward in the registration for the appointment process.  

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi! I’m wondering if you could tell me how long it took you to finally hear from the embassy after your filed showed “Ready” status on CEAC? My file landed in Bogota last week and I’m where you were a few weeks ago…”Ready” but waiting to hear from the embassy with their instructions. They would only have my email address (the US citizen) from the I-129f, not my fiancé’s in Colombia, so it would have to come to me. 
Or if handling it differently somehow worked, please let me know. 
Thanks!

Edited by MCOBAQ

4 minutes ago, MCOBAQ said:

Hi! I’m wondering if you could tell me how long it took you to finally hear from the embassy after your filed showed “Ready” status on CEAC? My file landed in Bogota last week and I’m where you were a few weeks ago…”Ready” but waiting to hear from the embassy with their instructions. They would only have my email address (the US citizen) from the I-129f, not my fiancé’s in Colombia, so it would have to come to me. 
Or if handling it differently somehow worked, please let me know. 
Thanks!

It took us about 4 months and they only gave us 30 days notice before interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nat_Bogota said:

It took us about 4 months and they only gave us 30 days notice before interview

Jeez I’m hoping it doesn’t take another 4 months…I wonder if your case being a marriage case made it take a bit longer than for a fiancé visa. Oh well…I’ll hurry up and wait. 

Timeline

Within a few days of our case status showing ready we scheduled our interview, then emailed them asking for the packet of instructions and the embassy sent it. You DO NOT NEED to wait for another update. The generic message under your case status that says to wait is just that, a generic message. It applies to most embassies around the world, but not Colombia.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.