Tarik

Airlines assistance with an elderly mother visiting the US for the first time.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not sure if this is the correct section for this question, so I apologize if it's not. 

I'm just wanting to hear from fellow Moroccans who have brought thier parents to visit. My mom applied for a tourist visa and was approved but I'm very concerned about her traveling alone for the first time specially making a connection flight in Paris to Ohio. As many of you have experienced, The airport can be very confusing for someone who has never been outta the county before. And who can't read. 

I was wondering if the airline ( Delta) would assist in the transit and have someone pick her up when she lands in Paris and walk her to her gate for the connecting flight. 

35 minutes ago, Tarik said:

I was wondering if the airline ( Delta) would assist in the transit and have someone pick her up when she lands in Paris and walk her to her gate for the connecting flight. 

Technically it is not the airlines job but in Paris there are two options that come to mind:

https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common/guidevoyageur/aeroport/service_personnalise_aeroport.htm 

or request wheelchair service for her - then they will get her from plane A to B.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Technically it is not the airlines job but in Paris there are two options that come to mind:

https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common/guidevoyageur/aeroport/service_personnalise_aeroport.htm 

or request wheelchair service for her - then they will get her from plane A to B.

Thx for the reply.

I was thinking requesting a wheelchair from delta or air France wasn't a bad idea. I hope they're reliable and actually show up 🙂

If your mother doesn't speak French, or English, you can also translate and print out a few sentences for her (destination, flight details, I need a translator/water/etc.), with your contact details in reference, should they need to reach out to you.  Safe travels.

I've had to request assistance services from Air France before and they were great.  It will certainly save her more than a few steps in CDG.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

If your mother doesn't speak French, or English, you can also translate and print out a few sentences for her (destination, flight details, I need a translator/water/etc.), with your contact details in reference, should they need to reach out to you.  Safe travels.

I've had to request assistance services from Air France before and they were great.  It will certainly save her more than a few steps in CDG.

Great idea, thx.

Will definitely do 😊.

1 minute ago, Tarik said:

Great idea, thx.

Will definitely do 😊.

Just read your post again and noticed that she can't read, so don't forget to add a few pictures/pictograms for her to be able to understand also. 

They sell books, but you would be able to personalize better/just for the trip.

https://www.amazon.com/Point-Travellers-Language-Original-Dictionary/dp/3980880273

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Just read your post again and noticed that she can't read, so don't forget to add a few pictures/pictograms for her to be able to understand also. 

They sell books, but you would be able to personalize better/just for the trip.

https://www.amazon.com/Point-Travellers-Language-Original-Dictionary/dp/3980880273

Yeah she unfortunately can't read. But the main thing I'm concerned about is making her connection in Paris. So hopefully the wheelchair request will fix that problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

All airlines will offer a wheelchair to the elderly passengers, if you would request the service for your mom the. Someone will go to her seat on the aircraft and take her on a wheelchair and show her the next flight gate or they will wait with her until they get her to her next flight seat onboard if the transit time is not too long.

wish your mom will have a great and safe travel :)

Timeline
14 minutes ago, disconnection said:

All airlines will offer a wheelchair to the elderly passengers, if you would request the service for your mom the. Someone will go to her seat on the aircraft and take her on a wheelchair and show her the next flight gate or they will wait with her until they get her to her next flight seat onboard if the transit time is not too long.

wish your mom will have a great and safe travel :)

Thank you ❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 9/29/2021 at 6:56 PM, Tarik said:

Great idea, thx.

Will definitely do 😊.

I needed help on one trip  flying Air France and Delta.  I requested wheel chair assistance and they take you to each gate, fast and efficient.  they will also board you first.   Your mom should do fine.  You can call the airline before her trip and request this help.   When she gets off the first plane someone will be waiting just outside the airplane door to transfer her.

Edited by shelliewafiq

Timeline
58 minutes ago, shelliewafiq said:

I needed help on one trip  flying Air France and Delta.  I requested wheel chair assistance and they take you to each gate, fast and efficient.  they will also board you first.   Your mom should do fine.  You can call the airline before her trip and request this help.   When she gets off the first plane someone will be waiting just outside the airplane door to transfer her.

Thank you. We're very excited to have her here for the first time. I just wanna make sure she'll won't have a terrible flight.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.