Tom G

Receipt v priority v submitted date

12 posts in this topic

Reading some of the stories of denial (1 day early glitch) with concern. My wife and I RQ DHG  submitted N-400 on 6/26/21 at 5.20pm EST, which was the first day eligible under 90-day rule (yes I know in hindsight this was a bad idea- obviously didn’t do enough homework). 

GC anniversary date 9/24/21. My online account is showing we submitted on 6/25/21 (which is wrong), the receipt date says 6/26/21 and the priority date is blank. 

Which of these is the right date to focus on, and should I be doing anything now? Thanks in advance for helping out another trigger happy VJer 😅

9B834550-B65A-4407-A793-0C7C18DC699B.jpeg

7F59209B-4C18-4B3D-9B1B-44BCC4F0BC64.jpeg

B6621038-23A3-4A23-A43C-2CE8ED9B778E.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

same question here.

10/26/2017: Priority Date - AOS

11/29/2017: Biometrics Appointment

12/21/2017: EAD/AP Approval in 56 Days

12/18/2018: Interview Day | Approved on the Spot

12/22/2018: Received Green Card (10 Years)

N-400 Application (Orlando)

09/20/2021 - Early Filing Online (3 year -married to US Citizen)

09/20/2021 - Received NOA & status changed to "Case being actively reviewed" & Biometric Reuse

03/31/2022 - Interview in West Palm Beach Fl

- Recommended for Approval & Oath Ceremony will be scheduled notice (My application includes request for name change)

06/16/2022 - Judicial Naturalization Ceremony 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 7:24 PM, Tom G said:

Reading some of the stories of denial (1 day early glitch) with concern. My wife and I RQ DHG  submitted N-400 on 6/26/21 at 5.20pm EST, which was the first day eligible under 90-day rule (yes I know in hindsight this was a bad idea- obviously didn’t do enough homework). 

GC anniversary date 9/24/21. My online account is showing we submitted on 6/25/21 (which is wrong), the receipt date says 6/26/21 and the priority date is blank. 

Which of these is the right date to focus on, and should I be doing anything now? Thanks in advance for helping out another trigger happy VJer 😅

9B834550-B65A-4407-A793-0C7C18DC699B.jpeg

7F59209B-4C18-4B3D-9B1B-44BCC4F0BC64.jpeg

B6621038-23A3-4A23-A43C-2CE8ED9B778E.jpeg

Hello, very same Scenario here! Do you have any updates?

Timeline

Similar issue

I just want to acknowledge something, please don't say it was a "bad idea" to file the first day you were eligible. We shouldn't feel guilty for filing when it was the time.

The process is daunting and current backlog is huge with people waiting forever to get their petitions processed. Plus many of us have been waiting for this moment for a long time, there's a ton of reasons to apply the first day possible.  USCIS is a federal govt service serving public,  that is funded by people (taxes) and should be working for people not against them. It is their lack of competence to get the website to work right! IF I get a denial, in a million years will I ever withdraw my application, it's not my fault.

Edited by jane.doe

10 minutes ago, jane.doe said:

USCIS is a federal govt service serving public,  that is funded by people (taxes)

The primary source of funding isn't taxes. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/budget-planning-and-performance

USCIS funding comes primarily from fees we charge applicants or petitioners requesting immigration or naturalization benefits. These fee collections fund the cost of fairly and efficiently adjudicating immigration benefit requests. Fees we collect from individuals and entities filing immigration benefit requests are deposited into the Immigration Examinations Fee Account (IEFA). The IEFA was created by Congress in 1988, establishing the authority to recover the full cost of immigration benefit processing. This account comprises approximately 90 percent of USCIS' total FY 2022 spending authority.

Timeline
1 hour ago, HRQX said:

The primary source of funding isn't taxes. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/budget-planning-and-performance

USCIS funding comes primarily from fees we charge applicants or petitioners requesting immigration or naturalization benefits. These fee collections fund the cost of fairly and efficiently adjudicating immigration benefit requests. Fees we collect from individuals and entities filing immigration benefit requests are deposited into the Immigration Examinations Fee Account (IEFA). The IEFA was created by Congress in 1988, establishing the authority to recover the full cost of immigration benefit processing. This account comprises approximately 90 percent of USCIS' total FY 2022 spending authority.

Thanks for correcting me. Even better

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 2:18 AM, Oceanbig said:

Hello, very same Scenario here! Do you have any updates?

I messaged them through the online inbox, and they replied today with the message below. June 26 is the date I actually filed, so hopefully that means we’re ok 👌 

Our system shows that your N-400 application, which was filed approximately June 26, 2021, is pending and is within our current processing time.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 10/29/2021 at 5:56 PM, Tom G said:

I messaged them through the online inbox, and they replied today with the message below. June 26 is the date I actually filed, so hopefully that means we’re ok 👌 

Our system shows that your N-400 application, which was filed approximately June 26, 2021, is pending and is within our current processing time.

Did you go to interview yet ?

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2021 at 9:41 PM, nimi222 said:

Did you go to interview yet ?

Not yet - still waiting for them to schedule. Keeping fingers crossed it will be soon!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.