sarabou17

How long was your wait for an interview in Casablanca after NVC?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Anyone have a general idea about the wait time for an interview in Casablanca after you are Documentarily Qualified?  I just checked the US Traveldocs website and that site is down currently.  Thanks so much!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, sarabou17 said:

Anyone have a general idea about the wait time for an interview in Casablanca after you are Documentarily Qualified?  I just checked the US Traveldocs website and that site is down currently.  Thanks so much!

for us it was little over 3 months. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

u are CR1 and NVC and embassy will schedule the interview not the US traveldocs

it is taking about a year now with covid back logs 

and they still must complete the dv lottery winners so all others are on a "hold' pattern

Timeline
5 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

u are CR1 and NVC and embassy will schedule the interview not the US traveldocs

it is taking about a year now with covid back logs 

and they still must complete the dv lottery winners so all others are on a "hold' pattern

I know that US traveldocs does not schedule the interview.  But the ustraveldocs website is supposed to have a current wait time for appointments at the consulates but it's not working now:  https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ma/ma-niv-waittimeinfo.asp#CurrentWaitTimeandAvailability  The website actually sends you to the U.S. Department of State's website, but like I said it's not actually working.  Someone else just posted they waited three months, so hopefully our wait will not be as long as you say.

Timeline
12 hours ago, sarabou17 said:

I know that US traveldocs does not schedule the interview.  But the ustraveldocs website is supposed to have a current wait time for appointments at the consulates but it's not working now:  https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ma/ma-niv-waittimeinfo.asp#CurrentWaitTimeandAvailability  The website actually sends you to the U.S. Department of State's website, but like I said it's not actually working.  Someone else just posted they waited three months, so hopefully our wait will not be as long as you say.

that was prior to covid when they got the interview

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

that was prior to covid when they got the interview

actually you're already proceeding faster than her case as she applied 2019 and dq in 7/2021 

u applied 3/21 and should be dq soon

incha allah

send both the 1040 and any W2's u have / helps to send letter of employment from employer when u don't have tax returns yet

Timeline
14 hours ago, sarabou17 said:

Thanks for your response!  Happy for you!

Yes, your case is faster than mine. We got stock during the beginning of COVID and we received a NOID before I130 got approved. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

actually you're already proceeding faster than her case as she applied 2019 and dq in 7/2021 

u applied 3/21 and should be dq soon

incha allah

send both the 1040 and any W2's u have / helps to send letter of employment from employer when u don't have tax returns yet

Inshallah   We will send everything we can.  It was much faster than predicted for sure.  Thanks 

Edited by sarabou17
misspelled

Timeline
8 hours ago, BasmaHicham said:

Yes, your case is faster than mine. We got stock during the beginning of COVID and we received a NOID before I130 got approved. 

We are so thankful for the speedy approval.  We're currently waiting on tax transcripts, hoping to get them before the interview.  That is why I asked the question.  Thanks again

Timeline
3 hours ago, sarabou17 said:

We are so thankful for the speedy approval.  We're currently waiting on tax transcripts, hoping to get them before the interview.  That is why I asked the question.  Thanks again

InshaAllah all will be good and you will be with your husband soon.

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi, you can check the current Casablanca wait times (or wait times in any city) here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html

It looks like "Other Non-Immigrant Visas" are waiting 120 calendar days currently.

Edited by agirlnamedkylie
fixing inappropriate capitalization

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.