Lackeisha876

NVC DQd and current F1 - F4 cases waiting for IV interview letter in Jamaica

6 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ladies and gentlemen... A tide is coming in...

I'm sure everyone this process is essential to knows by now that as of October 1, 2021, any COVID vaccine recognised by the W.H.O. is a requirement for immigration. October 1 also marks the beginning of a new fiscal year for the DHS. The US embassy in Kingston has also shared on Nationwide News and in the AUSE column of the Jamaica Observer that they have instructed the NVC to begin scheduling appointments in October for cases that have been DQ'd, current and waiting. No word yet on whether or not the embassy will host a FB LIVE consular conversations to, again, drive home more confidence in the process and progress. 

I am relieved for this next page turning. I've been waiting almost nine years (F11). Now I'm awaiting patiently some sort of news that anyone who's been at the NVC forever has finally received an interview letter. These letters, I believe, are to go out this month. Maybe they have already. I don't know.

Has anyone who has been DQ'd and current from March 2020 received an interview letter as yet from categories F11 - F4? And not as a result of an expedited approval, just the normal route? 

Also, word to the wise, Please go get vaccinated if you are still interested in immigrating. Or if you need an exemption from the requirement, work on it now. You don't want any further delays for your case that could be avoided.

-Get all your other shots necessary.

-Get latest tax returns from your petitioner. 

-If you lived in another country for more than six months, at least find out the process to request one so you can act quickly when your time comes.

-If you received treatment for any ailment that could make you inadmissible under the INA, request those files from your doc/hospital. the medial physician will need it. And won't send over your medical results to the embassy unless they have it.

-Also, inform yourself about what is considered a normal internal body temp to have. Ask what your temperature reading is right after it is taken. AMHUSM has asked people to go tested and refuse to send over medical until a PCR test is done. 

Feel free to add any other tidbits I haven't mentioned to ensure the process is smooth for all of us waiting. It's time to wrap this up.

44 minutes ago, Lackeisha876 said:

Or if you need an exemption from the requirement, work on it now.

The three exceptions are: Not age-appropriate, Contraindication, or Not routinely available https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/covid-19-technical-instructions.html

The waiver form (Form I-601) for religious or moral convictions is filed with USCIS after the visa interview: https://fam.state.gov/fam/09fam/09fam030202.html "Immigrant visa applicants who object to receiving vaccinations on religious or moral grounds must seek an INA 212(g)(2)(C) waiver from DHS/USCIS by filing Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility. You do not have the authority to adjudicate or grant INA 212(g)(2)(C) waivers."

https://www.uscis.gov/i-601-addresses "I am... Seeking an immigrant visa or a nonimmigrant K or V visa and I have been found inadmissible by a consular officer after my visa interview."

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Lackeisha876 said:

Ladies and gentlemen... A tide is coming in...

I'm sure everyone this process is essential to knows by now that as of October 1, 2021, any COVID vaccine recognised by the W.H.O. is a requirement for immigration. October 1 also marks the beginning of a new fiscal year for the DHS. The US embassy in Kingston has also shared on Nationwide News and in the AUSE column of the Jamaica Observer that they have instructed the NVC to begin scheduling appointments in October for cases that have been DQ'd, current and waiting. No word yet on whether or not the embassy will host a FB LIVE consular conversations to, again, drive home more confidence in the process and progress. 

I am relieved for this next page turning. I've been waiting almost nine years (F11). Now I'm awaiting patiently some sort of news that anyone who's been at the NVC forever has finally received an interview letter. These letters, I believe, are to go out this month. Maybe they have already. I don't know.

Has anyone who has been DQ'd and current from March 2020 received an interview letter as yet from categories F11 - F4? And not as a result of an expedited approval, just the normal route? 

Also, word to the wise, Please go get vaccinated if you are still interested in immigrating. Or if you need an exemption from the requirement, work on it now. You don't want any further delays for your case that could be avoided.

-Get all your other shots necessary.

-Get latest tax returns from your petitioner. 

-If you lived in another country for more than six months, at least find out the process to request one so you can act quickly when your time comes.

-If you received treatment for any ailment that could make you inadmissible under the INA, request those files from your doc/hospital. the medial physician will need it. And won't send over your medical results to the embassy unless they have it.

-Also, inform yourself about what is considered a normal internal body temp to have. Ask what your temperature reading is right after it is taken. AMHUSM has asked people to go tested and refuse to send over medical until a PCR test is done. 

Feel free to add any other tidbits I haven't mentioned to ensure the process is smooth for all of us waiting. It's time to wrap this up.

This is no different than being required to get a flu shot during FLU Season.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey peeps,

Not sure if anybody has done this before, but I emailed the Kingston embassy through an email they had on their website. I was basically asking if they were processing only K1, IR1 etc US citizen sponsored visas but the person replied back to say they were processing all categories currently. I also asked if he/she could tell at what DQ or priority date they were at but didn't get a response related to that. 

So not knowing where they are at doesn't help much I suppose, at least they are processing the F category visas. 😐

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.