angelo D

Trying to meet GF for K1 visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Best country right now would be Dubai, UAE. US, or Chinese Nationals do not need a Visa, and their entry requirements are probably the best and easiest right now. Plus, I've been to Dubai many times, and it is definitely worth a visit.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/dubai-covid-19-entry-requirements/

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

2 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Best country right now would be Dubai, UAE. US, or Chinese Nationals do not need a Visa, and their entry requirements are probably the best and easiest right now. Plus, I've been to Dubai many times, and it is definitely worth a visit.

Hmmm Dubai awesome I didnt think of that. I wonder about cost but it shouldnt matter. I wonder are flights from China to Dubai. This has been our biggest hurdle. I thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just now, angelo D said:

Hmmm Dubai awesome I didnt think of that. I wonder about cost but it shouldnt matter. I wonder are flights from China to Dubai. This has been our biggest hurdle. I thank you

Shouldn't be a problem getting a flight, I haven't checked, but it is a pretty easy country to get to from just about anywhere. It isn't a very expensive country to visit. They have some rules you want to make yourself familiar with before you travel. for example, since you are not married to your girlfriend obviously, you are " Technically" not allowed to share the same hotel room. Not very well enforced, but a rule. Public displays of affection are frowned upon. holding hands and a kiss here and there are not an issue. I couple got arrested and spent 3 months in jail for making out in the back of a Cab, so I suggest keeping the freaky stuff to the hotel room. Just use common sense, and you should be fine. I stay at Holiday Inn express when I go. Great hotels, really reasonable, and more Americanized than some local smaller hotels. As with any country, follow the rules, and you will be fine.

I recommend you do some tours. Definitely do the Dune Bashing and dinner ( You ride around in a land rover in the middle of the desert over huge sand dunes, and then dinner in the desert at night with a live show and music) great time and cheap.

Also, any of the nighttime dinner cruises are awesome and reasonable. Definitely hit the Gold Shops. And if you are really looking for a good time. Ferrari World in Abu Dubai has the fastest roller coaster in the world... and it moves out like you have never seen. It's a Beast!! Google that!!!

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

5 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Shouldn't be a problem getting a flight, I haven't checked, but it is a pretty easy country to get to from just about anywhere. It isn't a very expensive country to visit. They have some rules you want to make yourself familiar with before you travel. for example, since you are not married to your girlfriend obviously, you are " Technically" not allowed to share the same hotel room. Not very well enforced, but a rule. Public displays of affection are frowned upon. holding hands and a kiss here and there are not an issue. I couple got arrested and spent 3 months in jail for making out in the back of a Cab, so I suggest keeping the freaky stuff to the hotel room. Just use common sense, and you should be fine. I stay at Holiday Inn express when I go. Great hotels, really reasonable, and more Americanized than some local smaller hotels. As with any country, follow the rules, and you will be fine.

I recommend you do some tours. Definitely do the Dune Bashing and dinner ( You ride around in a land rover in the middle of the desert over huge sand dunes, and then dinner in the desert at night with a live show and music) great time and cheap.

Also, any of the nighttime dinner cruises are awesome and reasonable. Definitely hit the Gold Shops. And if you are really looking for a good time. Ferrari World in Abu Dubai has the fastest roller coaster in the world... and it moves out like you have never seen. It's a Beast!! Google that!!!

Ah ok I will look into Dubai any other countries I should look into? Thank you always

Timeline

If I recall correctly some parts of Thailand are opened to vaccinated travelers (Phuket in particular). Both US and Chinese citizens can do a visa on arrival, I think, unless that's changed.

Just as a warning your GF will need to do a 2 week hotel quarantine (at her expense) upon returning to China, plus 7 days at home.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Abu Dhabi in UAE is another option, that is where my fiance and I spent 14 days because K1 had not been issued NIE yet.  Keep in mind that you will have to hotel quarantine in the UAE for 12 days.  She will not have to quarantine in UAE as China is on their green list, but she will have to quarantine upon return to China.

6 hours ago, jd_malachi said:

Abu Dhabi in UAE is another option, that is where my fiance and I spent 14 days because K1 had not been issued NIE yet.  Keep in mind that you will have to hotel quarantine in the UAE for 12 days.  She will not have to quarantine in UAE as China is on their green list, but she will have to quarantine upon return to China.

Yes in China they quarantines schedules for vaccinated and unvaccinated. She's vaccinated.   Thank you so much now just have to see if there are flights from China to UAE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.