fatesbell

K1 Interview passed and then 221g for documents.

10 posts in this topic

So my fiance passed her interview on the 26th augest. the interviewer said she should get her visa and passport in the mail between 2-3 weeks "guangzhou china"  some of the documents requested are for items we brought to the interview the person giving the interview did look at them but did not take them after the interview.

and then yesterday we got a 221g in the mail for more documents 

a copy of birth certificate - this was also brought to the interview

a copy of police records - this was also brought to the interview

and a copy of divorce certificate - never married never brought this to interview, no idea what to do with this request. for now we are just filling out a certificate of single status and will send this. 

how worried should i be over this and how long do you think it will take to process, once her interview was passed i took the risk of booking tickets for october 15th  its still a decent ways away but can't help but worry over it, i'd rather not cancel the tickets if i can help it. attatched a copy of the email in the post1197067570_221gvj.thumb.PNG.13e10d7cc1159887d54ad1a6fbfdc7d4.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the approval!

It might be a mistake or a "lost in the paperwork shuffle" situation.

Contact the consulate to point these things out.

The Certificate of Single Status is a good thing to provide.

Let us know the update, when you have one.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

image.png.22cd9f381787d380e4203794d13db0d5.png

looks like we will make our flight date after all, today it said AP for about 2 hours until it switched over to Issued.  before saying AP for 2 hours it was just sitting at application recieved.     for our case it was 221g for about 1 month hopefully this information also helps others. i do believe we had a very strong case as part of my proof of relationship is when i would go to visit i stayed at her house and i had residence permit to prove it. best of luck to all others when we apply for green card ill put it on my timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, fatesbell said:

image.png.22cd9f381787d380e4203794d13db0d5.png

looks like we will make our flight date after all, today it said AP for about 2 hours until it switched over to Issued.  before saying AP for 2 hours it was just sitting at application recieved.     for our case it was 221g for about 1 month hopefully this information also helps others. i do believe we had a very strong case as part of my proof of relationship is when i would go to visit i stayed at her house and i had residence permit to prove it. best of luck to all others when we apply for green card ill put it on my timeline

Wow! Congratulations to you guys!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.