dolphin1

NONIMMIGRANT OR IMMIGRANT

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi, i want to know does k1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa or immigrant,in the US consulate in casablanca site they put fiance visa under section of immigrant visa, but the forms they ask to bring DS-156 ..... has the name of '' nonimmigrant'' (DS-0156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application) .this is why i wonder if k1 is an nonimmigrant or immigrant visa .

2007-11-8 : Married

AOS

2008-3-03 : AOS sent

2008-3-12 : Check cashed

2008-3-14 : Received Receipt Notices of AOS ,EAD and AP

2008-3-17 : Biometrics Appointment notice date

2008-4-03 : Biometrics Appointment ,,,DONE,,,

2008-5-09 : EAD card ordered and AP approval notice

2008-5-13 : AP approval notice sent

2008-5-16 : AP received

2008-5-19 : EAD Approval notice sent

2008-5-21 : EAD received

2008-6-27 : interview appointment letter (for August)

2008-8---- : interview was fine, but was given a RFE, reason: chicken pox shot( although i got the shot when i was little)

2008-10-- : green card

ROC

2010-7-13 : I-751 sent

2010-7-16 : I-751 received

2010-7-20 : I-751 sent back to me. Cause: signatures and filing early.

2010-7-26 : I-751 re-sent

2010-8-09 : First NOA received ( dated 8/2 )

2010-8-12 : Biometrics appointment letter received ( dated 8/6 )

2010-8-19 : Early biometrics

2010-9-08 : Card production ordered

2010-9-15 : Green Card received, with incorrect first name (one letter missing)

I-90

2010-9-16 : Sent I-90 with Green Card

2010-9-17 : I-90 delivered

2010-9-24 : Receipt received. Notice date: 9-22

2011-2-08 : Card production ordered

2011-2-10 : Card received with NO errors.

N400 :

11-22-2011 :Sent

02-21-2012 :Interview ( a long delay afterwards)

05-18-2012 :Oath - US citizen

hi, i want to know does k1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa or immigrant,in the US consulate in casablanca site they put fiance visa under section of immigrant visa, but the forms they ask to bring DS-156 ..... has the name of '' nonimmigrant'' (DS-0156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application) .this is why i wonder if k1 is an nonimmigrant or immigrant visa .

K1 is a non-immigrant visa as you will be adjusting status to immigrant upon arrival and marriage (that is how i understand it at least)

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Timeline

K1 is a non-immigrant visa as you will be adjusting status to immigrant upon arrival and marriage (that is how i understand it at least)

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Timeline

:yes: :yes: :yes:

K1 (fiance visa) and K3 (spousal visa) are both non immigrant. CR1 is immigrant.

Timeline

K1 and K3 visas are nonimmigrant. However, many of the procedures to apply for and issue them are more similar to immigrant visas than other nonimmigrant visas (such as the tourist visa), which is why they are listed in the immigrant visa section.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Non-immigrant. Immigrant visas for spousals and family members. Tourists, financees, workers and medical visitors are non-immigrant. Once the SO enters, marries then apply for AOS (so they can stay)

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

K-1 is a Non-immigrant Visa, but it is processed under Immigrant Visa Section.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

K-1 is a Non-immigrant Visa, but it is processed under Immigrant Visa Section.

yeah i vagly remember calling the embassy and asked for the non immigrant section for my husbands k-3 and they said i have to talk to the immigrant visa section. didnt make sence to me but i go thru anyway.

:thumbs::yes:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

It is technically a non-immigrant.

It only grants to SO the right to remain in the states for 90 days, then he must leave unless he/she marries and AOS, which is a whole new process.

but because it is done with the intent to immigrate, stay in the us permanently, it is processed as an immigrant visa.

Yes, very confusing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.