chordtones

i-134 needs to be completed, interview scheduled Oct 8

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I need some help figuring out the i-134 situation, I am  the petitioner for K-1 visa for  my Brazilian fiancee. We received  a email from the consulate on Aug 18 with instructions to complete ds 160, schedule interview, get background checks from local and federal back ground checks, schedule medical appt, etc I was able to schedule a interview on Oct 8 without realizing the i-134 may be an issue. I'm not sure if this email I have is a P 3 letter, or not. It does not have any instructions to complete i-134. How long is needed for the i-134 to process? Will I be required to go for an in person interview in my city (Denver). Will it be possible to complete this before Sep 21 ( Im going to Italy for a wedding and directly to Brazil on Oct 1 to be with my fiancee for the interview).  Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by chordtones

The I-134 is just a form that you fill out and bring to the interview with supporting documents. From what I have read, it seems to be optional in Brazil, but I would bring it just in case. It does not need to be processed and you do not need to be interviewed. Just fill it out and bring it.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Marieke H said:

The I-134 is just a form that you fill out and bring to the interview with supporting documents. From what I have read, it seems to be optional in Brazil, but I would bring it just in case. It does not need to be processed and you do not need to be interviewed. Just fill it out and bring it.

Thank you, this really helps!

Timeline
On 8/29/2021 at 4:49 PM, tahm said:

It's not optional at all. It's a very important document that you and your fiancee must have at your interview in Brazil.

Yes, I will, thank you!

Timeline

Hello, Hello....

I'm wondering in you can share more with me about your experience.  I am the petitioner, with Brasilian Fiance.

We left the NVC on the 23 of August, and should have been at the consulate in RDJ, now for over two weeks.  We have NOT received an email yet.

Not sure why, I am noticing on this site, that applications with an NOA2 date after ours are already with interviews scheduled.  Not sure why we do not have our email, I will email the consulate today.

However, I did go online and fill out the DS-160, however, there is no calendar to schedule the interview, or a place to pay with a credit card for the DS-160.  In the past this was all done online, when one filled out the DS-160.  So....I'm a bit confused.  Any information that you can share with me about how you actually got the interview scheduled....will help immensely. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, jayme2001 said:

Hello, Hello....

I'm wondering in you can share more with me about your experience.  I am the petitioner, with Brasilian Fiance.

We left the NVC on the 23 of August, and should have been at the consulate in RDJ, now for over two weeks.  We have NOT received an email yet.

Not sure why, I am noticing on this site, that applications with an NOA2 date after ours are already with interviews scheduled.  Not sure why we do not have our email, I will email the consulate today.

However, I did go online and fill out the DS-160, however, there is no calendar to schedule the interview, or a place to pay with a credit card for the DS-160.  In the past this was all done online, when one filled out the DS-160.  So....I'm a bit confused.  Any information that you can share with me about how you actually got the interview scheduled....will help immensely. 

After receiving our Noa 2 in December and waiting we received a email from NVC that our case was sent to the embassy on Aug 3 and we received a email from the embassy with instructions on Aug 13. You need the email with instructions to schedule interview , do not attempt to do ds-160 before ( I saw another person completed it before on here and it caused problemas ) also the applicant not the not the petitioner needs to complete ds-160. The DS -160 is free, there is not a fee. After you  have the instructions email and complete ds 160 you will be able to login to the embassy website with the link provided on the instructions from the embassy to schedule an interview, at this point you pay (around $275) , good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/27/2021 at 1:29 PM, chordtones said:

I need some help figuring out the i-134 situation, I am  the petitioner for K-1 visa for  my Brazilian fiancee. We received  a email from the consulate on Aug 18 with instructions to complete ds 160, schedule interview, get background checks from local and federal back ground checks, schedule medical appt, etc I was able to schedule a interview on Oct 8 without realizing the i-134 may be an issue. I'm not sure if this email I have is a P 3 letter, or not. It does not have any instructions to complete i-134. How long is needed for the i-134 to process? Will I be required to go for an in person interview in my city (Denver). Will it be possible to complete this before Sep 21 ( Im going to Italy for a wedding and directly to Brazil on Oct 1 to be with my fiancee for the interview).  Thanks in advance for your help!

The form itself takes a day and then you bring it to the interview.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.