Chloe99

Received NOA2 after Sydney lockdown started, still do DS-160?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Ah! Aishani that's so cool of you. I hope it works out for you Sharmarine!! We did a zoom call with our lawyer last Tuesday and basically were told that the B2 idea for a visit would be ideal while we wait for the K1 interview date. He advised my fiance to just come visit for 2 weeks and go back to Aus. But, it got me thinking about getting back into Australia too...I mean if you buy a return flight are you guaranteed to be let back in or is there a chance they could say you can't come back in due to a lockdown situation? I just don't know. Luckily for us my fiance is also eligible for a British passport and is applying for that now so I'm thinking if he leaves on the B2 to come visit me and something happens to where he's not allowed back into Aus, he can at least go to the UK? Not ideal since he's not planning to bring any of his belongings with him but as an emergency, I'm glad we can have a back up. I just hope that when he comes over on the B2 (if we get it) he could actually stay for 3 months or something longer than just two weeks...also I'm not sure if he'd be required to quarantine for 14 days and then would his whole trip just be quarantine. So many questions...Also if he couldn't get back into Australia, I'd just cancel the K1 and get married in the US and figure out if we'd want to figure out how to stay here or possibly move to the UK together.   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Quick update: not sure this is the right place to put this info. but for those who I have been exchanging messages with most recently, Dylan was granted a B2 visa to visit the US from the Perth Consulate. It was a super quick process and you do have to fill out a separate DS-160 form for it, but it doesn't jeopardize your K1. We are excited to see each other soon and when he's here, we will just wait until we hear from the Sydney consulate about an interview date for the K1 and then he can make arrangements to go back to Oz for it. I hope this message finds you well and let's you know there's some light at the end of one of the tunnels we're all in right now...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
18 hours ago, Aidan and Dylan said:

Quick update: not sure this is the right place to put this info. but for those who I have been exchanging messages with most recently, Dylan was granted a B2 visa to visit the US from the Perth Consulate. It was a super quick process and you do have to fill out a separate DS-160 form for it, but it doesn't jeopardize your K1. We are excited to see each other soon and when he's here, we will just wait until we hear from the Sydney consulate about an interview date for the K1 and then he can make arrangements to go back to Oz for it. I hope this message finds you well and let's you know there's some light at the end of one of the tunnels we're all in right now...

Happy to hear you guys will see each other soon! :) fingers crossed Sydney reopens soon, regardless of whether the consulate opens or not (though obviously that’s the goal!) I’m sick of being cooped up!! Fully vaccinated since June and still locked inside my house, ready for this to be over lol 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.