58 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2021 at 11:33 AM, TarynyPancho said:

Ugh, that's so annoying! Here's hoping it will come soon. Our timelines otherwise seem pretty close, so here's hoping biometrics for you will be some time next month as well. :)

I finally got the letter and my biometrics is scheduled for Sep 23 :D yay!

Marriage-based AOS Timeline:

Aug 11: Sent packets to USCIS - I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-864, I-765 and I-131

Aug 15: USCIS received packets

Aug 17: Checks cashed, NOA sent

Aug 30: Biometrics is scheduled

Sep 23: Biometrics taken, status updated to "USCIS is actively reviewing your case"

Oct 8: RFE for Birth Certificate (it was submitted with initial packets), submitted evidence online

Oct 9: USCIS received evidence and will resume processing my case

Nov 5: Interview was scheduled!

Dec 8: Interview day!!! 
Dec 8: I-130 and I-485 approved!!!

Dec 16: Received GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

We sent our documents (I-485, I-765, I-131) on August 21 and it was delivered on August 25. No notification of receipts yet. Anyone else facing the same issue?

We filed I-130 online and included the receipt notice along with I-485 and I-864. The package was sent by UPS.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/2/2021 at 8:31 PM, Chirag01 said:

Is it possible that for the concurrent application submission for adjustment of status, Chicago lockbox accepts I-130 but rejects I-485. I got acceptance text for I-130 almost an hour ago but nothing for I-485. Nervous.

Sorry. I'm just now seeing this post. I have no idea how they're shuffling things around, but my lawyer did say that they kind of take everything apart once they get it, so maybe it's possible? Doubtful though. Did you get any update?

Timeline
On 8/31/2021 at 1:29 PM, TarynyPancho said:

Some updates since my last post. Glad to say we're wrapping up August with more good news! :)

August 30, Received letter to open online account.

August 31, On checking online account, discovered that biometrics have been scheduled! 

Looking ahead...

September 22, Biometrics appointment 

Timeline Update :

Aug. 6 receipt of i-130, i-131, & i-485.

Sept. 22- Biometrics : Super simple, but I did find it funny that the Houston application center is in a strip mall. 

Oct. 8 - RFE for medical exam ; status for i485 reads "application is actively being reviewed" and no movement at all on i131. We may have to put in an expedite request- having some pressing issues pop up in Mexico. 😬

28 minutes ago, TarynyPancho said:

Timeline Update :

Aug. 6 receipt of i-130, i-131, & i-485.

Sept. 22- Biometrics : Super simple, but I did find it funny that the Houston application center is in a strip mall. 

Oct. 8 - RFE for medical exam ; status for i485 reads "application is actively being reviewed" and no movement at all on i131. We may have to put in an expedite request- having some pressing issues pop up in Mexico. 😬

We seem to be pretty much exactly a week apart in processing - haven't had any updates either since bios other than receiving the medical courtesy letter last week. Assume your case is an IOE at the NBC also?

asdf

Timeline
29 minutes ago, ghostinthemachine said:

We seem to be pretty much exactly a week apart in processing - haven't had any updates either since bios other than receiving the medical courtesy letter last week. Assume your case is an IOE at the NBC also?

We are! I guess the IOE doesn't have as much or a track record as others. I haven't seen much referencing it have you?

On 9/7/2021 at 8:47 PM, jennifert said:

I finally got the letter and my biometrics is scheduled for Sep 23 :D yay!

A little update.. I did the biometrics appt on the 23rd, and it was quick and easy! I was in and out in about 20 mins. The same day my status online updated to "Your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS" but when I logged in last night I saw I got an RFE for my birth certificate. I sent in 2 copies of the document with my original packets, and explained in the cover letter the name on the form so they would know what they're looking at since it doesn't look like a traditional birth certificate (we don't have BCs in Sweden). I sent back the same copies along with the RFE letter and a cover letter where I explained the name of the form and what authority it was issued by, etc. Hopefully that will do! It says now on the website that they received my evidence and will continue working on my case. I'm hoping that getting an RFE means things are moving along with our case, it seems like a lot of people have been getting approvals shortly after so finger's crossed. :) 

Glad to see the process seems speedy for others as well! :) Looking forward to reading more people's updates!

Sep 23: Biometrics taken, status updated to "USCIS is actively reviewing your case"

Oct 8: RFE for Birth Certificate (it was submitted with initial packets), submitted evidence online

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a notification on my phone today that my case has been scheduled for an interview! They didn't upload the letter onto the portal so I guess I have to wait for the actual letter to arrive in the mail to find out when, but I am so excited (and nervous!) :) Hoping the interview is before the end of this year.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jennifert said:

I just got a notification on my phone today that my case has been scheduled for an interview! They didn't upload the letter onto the portal so I guess I have to wait for the actual letter to arrive in the mail to find out when, but I am so excited (and nervous!) :) Hoping the interview is before the end of this year.

Yay! I'm so excited for you!! You'll have to keep us updated! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, jennifert said:

Awesome! I saw that you got RFE for birth certificate. I got the same thing even though I sent it in in my original package. I've uploaded the same thing again online and now status changed to "we've received your RFE response". Did your status change from that to anything else? Or did it go straight to interview? 

Marriage to USC (H1b to GC)

9/07: Submitted I-130 and I130A online
09/14: Received NOA for I-130 in mail
9/24: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-765
9/27: Delivered to USCIS Chicago and signed by Chyba
09/29: Text messages for application
10/7: (2) NOA's for I-485 and I-765 received in mail

10/16: Online status changed to "biometrics scheduled". Bio on 11/09.

11/04: RFE received for Birth certificate

11/05: Uploaded RFE response. Status changed to "we have received RFE response"

15 hours ago, googly3 said:

Awesome! I saw that you got RFE for birth certificate. I got the same thing even though I sent it in in my original package. I've uploaded the same thing again online and now status changed to "we've received your RFE response". Did your status change from that to anything else? Or did it go straight to interview? 

Nope, it changed to “received response to RFE” on October 9 and then nothing until the interview was scheduled on Nov 5! :) 

Timeline
On 11/7/2021 at 1:49 AM, jennifert said:

Nope, it changed to “received response to RFE” on October 9 and then nothing until the interview was scheduled on Nov 5! :) An

Any updates?

2 hours ago, TarynyPancho said:

Any updates?

I went through Emma to talk to a live agent and they told me it’s scheduled for 12/8 ☺️☺️

Timeline
1 hour ago, jennifert said:

I went through Emma to talk to a live agent and they told me it’s scheduled for 12/8 ☺️☺️

What?!? That's amazing! Congratulations! What field office are you at again? We haven't seen any movement at all since biometrics.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.