58 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, jennifert said:

I went through Emma to talk to a live agent and they told me it’s scheduled for 12/8 ☺️☺️

Hey Jennifer, 

Question - did your case update at all between "actively reviewing" and "interview scheduled"? I'm wondering if I should be concerned that we haven't had any changes since biometrics were taken.

38 minutes ago, TarynyPancho said:

Hey Jennifer, 

Question - did your case update at all between "actively reviewing" and "interview scheduled"? I'm wondering if I should be concerned that we haven't had any changes since biometrics were taken.

Our FO is San Fernando Valley, CA! I thought is was LA but I guess SFV is closer to our house. 

No, the only status change in between was for the RFE, it went straight from “reviewing your case” to “interview was scheduled”. I don’t think you should be concerned, since you haven’t got an RFE they’re probably working on your case and you should see some movement soon! 

Marriage-based AOS Timeline:

Aug 11: Sent packets to USCIS - I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-864, I-765 and I-131

Aug 15: USCIS received packets

Aug 17: Checks cashed, NOA sent

Aug 30: Biometrics is scheduled

Sep 23: Biometrics taken, status updated to "USCIS is actively reviewing your case"

Oct 8: RFE for Birth Certificate (it was submitted with initial packets), submitted evidence online

Oct 9: USCIS received evidence and will resume processing my case

Nov 5: Interview was scheduled!

Dec 8: Interview day!!! 
Dec 8: I-130 and I-485 approved!!!

Dec 16: Received GC

• 5 weeks later...

Hi August filers! Just wanted to give a quick update that we went in for our interview this morning and it was very quick and easy. We had to wait for 45 min before we were called back but the officer didn’t ask us any questions more than our basic info and if we brought in any more evidence, and then said he’ll update our account later and I should have the GC in hand in about 10 days! I’ll wait for the update on the uscis website before I update my timeline just in case, but it seems like we got approved and I feel so relieved! ☺️

Sep 23: Biometrics taken, status updated to "USCIS is actively reviewing your case"

Oct 8: RFE for Birth Certificate (it was submitted with initial packets), submitted evidence online

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, jennifert said:

Hi August filers! Just wanted to give a quick update that we went in for our interview this morning and it was very quick and easy. We had to wait for 45 min before we were called back but the officer didn’t ask us any questions more than our basic info and if we brought in any more evidence, and then said he’ll update our account later and I should have the GC in hand in about 10 days! I’ll wait for the update on the uscis website before I update my timeline just in case, but it seems like we got approved and I feel so relieved! ☺️

Congratulations! Just curious, did you receive the I-693 deficiency notice or did you send it with the initial packet?

Just now, root_root_user said:

Congratulations! Just curious, did you receive the I-693 deficiency notice or did you send it with the initial packet?

I received the deficiency notice and as soon as the interview was scheduled I went and did the medical exam and I brought the form with me this morning :)

Timeline
Just now, jennifert said:

I received the deficiency notice and as soon as the interview was scheduled I went and did the medical exam and I brought the form with me this morning :)

Thanks for the information. I did my biometrics on October 19 and waiting since then. No movement in terms of RFE or the deficiency notice. The Spokane office is much slower than LA area offices, so we'll just wait I guess. I was hoping that receiving the I-693 deficiency will indicate that application has been reviewed and no RFE :)

1 minute ago, root_root_user said:

Thanks for the information. I did my biometrics on October 19 and waiting since then. No movement in terms of RFE or the deficiency notice. The Spokane office is much slower than LA area offices, so we'll just wait I guess. I was hoping that receiving the I-693 deficiency will indicate that application has been reviewed and no RFE :)

I got an RFE October 8 (Friday), sent back the info they requested the very same day, and it said they received my additional evidence on October 12 and the same day the deficiency notice was sent out. So I think that’s what it means! Hopefully you’ll see some movement soon. What’s the processing time in Spokane? It says 9-12 months I think here in LA but it’s been faster than that for a lot of people so that might be the case for you as well. :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, jennifert said:

I got an RFE October 8 (Friday), sent back the info they requested the very same day, and it said they received my additional evidence on October 12 and the same day the deficiency notice was sent out. So I think that’s what it means! Hopefully you’ll see some movement soon. What’s the processing time in Spokane? It says 9-12 months I think here in LA but it’s been faster than that for a lot of people so that might be the case for you as well. :)

Thanks. Not really sure about the processing time (USCIS official time is 12 - 24 months I think), since it is such a small office and not many data points are available. Looking at the timelines here, it varies from 4-5 months in 2020 to 9 months most recently. Just have to wait and hope for the best.

Congratulations to you again!

1 minute ago, root_root_user said:

Thanks. Not really sure about the processing time (USCIS official time is 12 - 24 months I think), since it is such a small office and not many data points are available. Looking at the timelines here, it varies from 4-5 months in 2020 to 9 months most recently. Just have to wait and hope for the best.

Congratulations to you again!

Finger’s crossed! Thank you so much :)

Timeline
21 hours ago, jennifert said:

Finger’s crossed! Thank you so much :)

Following our discussion yesterday, the I-693 deficiency notice showed up today! Here's to hoping that all other evidence was reviewed and is in order.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 12/8/2021 at 4:40 PM, root_root_user said:

I-693 deficiency?

AOS Filing - Jan 2021

Timeline
Just now, KindSoul said:

I-693 deficiency?

It is just a courtesy notice to say that the application is missing Form I-693 for the medical. You either bring it to the interview or mail it if the interview is waived.

8 hours ago, root_root_user said:

Following our discussion yesterday, the I-693 deficiency notice showed up today! Here's to hoping that all other evidence was reviewed and is in order.

Oh wow! I think once you get the I-693 deficiency notice, the next step is to be scheduled for the interview! I could be wrong but by looking at other’s timelines, it seems like it. Hoping you get your interview quickly! :) 

2 minutes ago, KindSoul said:

I-693 deficiency?

If you don’t submit the medical exam with your initial packet, they’ll send out a letter to let you know it’s missing and you need to bring it to the interview, or send it in later if interview is waived.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Update to our case:

1. Aug 12 - Filed I-130/I-485 package
  2. November 23 - Received I-693 Deficiency notice and Biometrics scheduled in the middle of January
  3. Biometrics was scheduled in the wrong state (They used our mailing address. We updated our mailing address to be in the same state we live in, and called to reschedule)
  4. January 15 - Biometrics rescheduled about 3 weeks after original date.

I'm hoping the travel and work authorization will come relatively quickly after, but there's really know way of knowing 🤷‍♀️

Edited by ToastedMuffin
typo

F1 Visa, Married April 2021
Aug 10, 2021- Shipped I-130/I-485 concurrent filing with I-765 and I-131
Aug 12, 2021- USPS delivered the package
Aug 15, 2021- Electronic notice received from USCIS by text message

Aug 17, 2021- Checks cashed

Feb 10, 2022- Biometrics Received

July 25, 2022- EAD/Advanced Parole card is being produced

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Is anyone else stuck at "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS?' It's been 140 days without any movement at all. Emma is no help at all. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.