Wouter

Interview at Warsaw embassy - case transfer from Moscow

467 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Also, I would like to say that if you plan to do your fiancees medical checkup in Warsaw be wary of clerk/secretary at Wilanow Family Practice. She was rude over the phone, but her English is great. She might be American for that matter. But she was rude in answering questions ( people called Poland using Viber and buying credit. There is a free 1 week trial to take advantage of) and I told my fiancee that. After, my fiancee said she arrived at the clinic and was also treated rudely when she was asking questions. I'm not sure if it has to do with her being Russian since I heard before from other couples and even my fiancee heard from a telegram group that Russian and Ukrainian brides said sometimes they faced discrimination. Usually from other women that are involved within the visa process.

This clinic has 4.3 on Google as of this post, but one of the front desk employees has an attitude. 👊

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
On 9/3/2021 at 9:13 PM, Giodude said:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to update my thread but I guess it got closed because of this one. I started a thread on how to move your case from Russia to Poland.

Well I have news that my fiancee GOT HER VISA Sept 1!!!😭😭🤩🥳
We struggled so much. If you check out my profile, we waited over 600 days.

She got her Schengen through Greece. Then, she booked a place to stay in Greece, but it was just going to be used to transit. She went to Warsaw for her interview. Spent a few days there beforehand and finally went to her Interview.

Interview

So from what she told is that the officer interviewing her was a female. She was nice. She asked for the affidavit of support and my fiancee asked her which one since we used a joint sponsor because I didn't work. She asked for mine. My fiancee says she was only asked a few questions and skimmed through the documents. She was asked where she lives and where she was born twice, possible to confuse her in case she was lying. Then she said " when we receive your medical results, you will be approved"

Backstory: My fiancee went to go get her results from the clinic in Warsaw but they said her results weren't ready. It kinda surprised us because she was close to her interview date. So, eventually she went to her interview without it. They gave her a different date to pick up her medical results after her interview.

Now, while we were waiting I will say that if you check your CEAC it said " Refused" which really scared. I mean the interviewer said we were approved right? we just had to wait for her medical results. So I did some Googling and many people reported the same thing but it was nothing to worry about. I guess they did something to their system which shows this Status while waiting for her visa. Then the next day she checked and it said " Administrative Processing" which were were like" wth?!" But again with the power of Google, we found out this is again something they changed in their system and it didn't mean there was an issue with our visa. It was probably because they were checking the medical results. Then a few hours before my fiancee went to go pick up her visa, she checked CEAC again. This time is said " Issued" finally!

We were so happy!

I honestly can't believe the interview was so easy. We were preparing months in advanced. My fiancee did mention that other ladies were saying about a male officer asking tough questions or denying visas. Something of that sort.

Again, everyone's experience will be different. I'm just sharing ours. Especially since I didn't work and used a joint sponsor. I was very nervous but in the end... we were approved!

There's some info in my profile if you guys want to check it out.

I have a question, how long did it take from the medical exam date to receiving the medical exam results?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Does anyone know if you need to have an apostille on the translations of documents if the interview is in Poland. Also do the vaccinations need to be translated? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Yuliya.99 said:

Does anyone know if you need to have an apostille on the translations of documents if the interview is in Poland. Also do the vaccinations need to be translated? 

You don't need an apostille on the translations of the documents.

I have not heard anyone needing a translation of their Russian vaccination records but I'm not sure. Best would be to email the clinic and check with them:

andrzej.gajer@wilanowfamilypractice.pl

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Zhenghe said:

Hello,

I have heard that applicants subject to immigration medical examination must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to get the medical exam completed. 

The CDC has issued instructions that from October 1st:

"The applicant must complete the COVID-19 vaccine series and provide documentation of vaccination to the civil surgeon in person before completion of the medical examination.  The COVID-19 vaccination requirement will differ from previous requirements in that the entire vaccine series (1 or 2 doses depending on formulation) must be completed in addition to the other routinely required vaccines."

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/civil-surgeons/covid-19-technical-instructions.html

Only three types of vaccines are mentioned: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson (but other sources say that any WHO recognized vaccine is acceptable)

However, there are three categories of blanket waivers (i.e. exemptions) that the doctor can apply at the medical examination:
1) If the applicant is too young to get the vaccine

2) If the applicant has some condition that doesn't allow him/her to get the vaccine (e.g. some immune compromised status or allergy)

3) the acceptable vaccines are not routinely available to the applicant.

(There is also the possibility to refuse the vaccine based on religious or moral grounds but that requires a specific waiver from USCIS)

It is this third blanket waiver category 'not routinely available' that may be most applicable for Russians because only Sputnik V (and some other even less known vaccines) are available to Russians and these are not recognized by the WHO. So I am expecting the doctor at the medical examination in Warsaw will either be able to vaccinate the Russian applicant on the spot with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or will document that this is a case of 'not routinely available'. (But this is just my best guess, not certain)

3 hours ago, Wouter said:

The CDC has issued instructions that from October 1st:

"The applicant must complete the COVID-19 vaccine series and provide documentation of vaccination to the civil surgeon in person before completion of the medical examination.  The COVID-19 vaccination requirement will differ from previous requirements in that the entire vaccine series (1 or 2 doses depending on formulation) must be completed in addition to the other routinely required vaccines."

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/civil-surgeons/covid-19-technical-instructions.html

Only three types of vaccines are mentioned: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson (but other sources say that any WHO recognized vaccine is acceptable)

However, there are three categories of blanket waivers (i.e. exemptions) that the doctor can apply at the medical examination:
1) If the applicant is too young to get the vaccine

2) If the applicant has some condition that doesn't allow him/her to get the vaccine (e.g. some immune compromised status or allergy)

3) the acceptable vaccines are not routinely available to the applicant.

(There is also the possibility to refuse the vaccine based on religious or moral grounds but that requires a specific waiver from USCIS)

It is this third blanket waiver category 'not routinely available' that may be most applicable for Russians because only Sputnik V (and some other even less known vaccines) are available to Russians and these are not recognized by the WHO. So I am expecting the doctor at the medical examination in Warsaw will either be able to vaccinate the Russian applicant on the spot with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or will document that this is a case of 'not routinely available'. (But this is just my best guess, not certain)

Thanks for your response, wrote an email to the medical center in Warsaw and waiting their answer now.

Timeline

Just got an email from the NVC that my wife's interview is scheduled in Warsaw on October 4th!

(DQ was on August 5th, CR1 visa)

(That is only 19 days from now so we will have to hurry, but I am not complaining)

Next challenge is to get an appointment for the medical exam before that date....

Timeline
5 hours ago, Wouter said:

Just got an email from the NVC that my wife's interview is scheduled in Warsaw on October 4th!

(That is only 19 days from now so we will have to hurry, but I am not complaining)

Next challenge is to get an appointment for the medical exam before that date....

Congratulations! This so exciting! Will the medical exam be in Moscow? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Yuliya.99 said:

We are trying to schedule now in Moscow but there is so little time until the interview. She will have to go next week to get the results back in time before having to go Poland. 

(I worry that they won't have an appointment slot)

The alternative is that we try to do the medical exam in Warsaw but I know they are also fully booked already. 😰

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Yuliya.99 said:

Also when did you transfer your case? We transferred at the end of august so I’m hopeful we’ll be getting our interview date soon as well because I remember that you are just a bit farther ahead of us :)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Wouter said:

We are trying to schedule now in Moscow but there is so little time until the interview. She will have to go next week to get the results back in time before having to go Poland. 

(I worry that they won't have an appointment slot)

The alternative is that we try to do the medical exam in Warsaw but I know they are also fully booked already. 😰

Wow that is very stressful… I hope you are able to get a spot. Maybe they’ll take into consideration the fact that your interview is so soon. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Yuliya.99 said:

Also when did you transfer your case? We transferred at the end of august so I’m hopeful we’ll be getting our interview date soon as well because I remember that you are just a bit farther ahead of us :)

We transferred our case before we were DQ'd (you can request a transfer as soon as you have your MOS Case ID number). The transfer was in July, and our DQ was on August 5th.

19 hours ago, Wouter said:

Has your wife already got her Schengen visa? Not sure if we need to make the Schengen visa in advance.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Zhenghe said:

Has your wife already got her Schengen visa? Not sure if we need to make the Schengen visa in advance.

Luckily she still has a 2 year multi-entry Schengen visa from a trip to Switzerland we did earlier this year. However, even though the Schengen rules say she can use it to enter Poland directly we are going to go through Switzerland (Moscow -> Zurich -> Warsaw) to reduce the need for quarantine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.