Michael&Karen

Updating affidavit of support

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
13 hours ago, Michael&Karen said:

Exactly 

You are being given ideas for how to list current income and you are rejecting all of them.  

The I-864 is a serious document, and failure to provide a number that exceeds the 125 percent poverty threshold backed with sone evidence is going to lead to a denial.  

USCIS and the Department of State don’t care that apparently the consensus among the trucking industry is that no such number can be provided.  

So then, if you are paid by the

* mile: estimate how many miles you will drive per year 

* hours of work: estimate how many hours you will work per year 

* hours of driving; estimate how many hours you will drive per year 

If you are paid by a combination of the above, combine the estimates. 

Provide employer documentation of the base rates of pay.  

Will your spouse stay at home while you drive long hauls? Provide affidavits from full time  long haulers with stay at home spouses on the hours of work and drive and the miles.  

Will your spouse ride with you while you drive long hauls? Provide affidavits from full time  long haulers with ride along  spouses on the hours of work and drive and the miles.  

If you two have decided if your spouse will ride along or stay at home, use the lower estimate.  

The more documentation of current income the better. Current income is the most important aspect of the I-864.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike E said:

You are being given ideas for how to list current income and you are rejecting all of them.  

The I-864 is a serious document, and failure to provide a number that exceeds the 125 percent poverty threshold backed with sone evidence is going to lead to a denial.  

USCIS and the Department of State don’t care that apparently the consensus among the trucking industry is that no such number can be provided.  

So then, if you are paid by the

* mile: estimate how many miles you will drive per year 

* hours of work: estimate how many hours you will work per year 

* hours of driving; estimate how many hours you will drive per year 

If you are paid by a combination of the above, combine the estimates. 

Provide employer documentation of the base rates of pay.  

Will your spouse stay at home while you drive long hauls? Provide affidavits from full time  long haulers with stay at home spouses on the hours of work and drive and the miles.  

Will your spouse ride with you while you drive long hauls? Provide affidavits from full time  long haulers with ride along  spouses on the hours of work and drive and the miles.  

If you two have decided if your spouse will ride along or stay at home, use the lower estimate.  

The more documentation of current income the better. Current income is the most important aspect of the I-864.  

Sir, no one is rejecting ideas I just don’t wanna get into an argument because I clearly don’t know much about this topic so we decided to get that letter from the employer stating the estimated annual salary. I didn’t know I had to let the forum know our decision. Thank you for your response.

-NSC-

Marriage: 02-14-2019♥

I-130 PD:  08-30-2019
NOA1: 09/05/2019

NOA2: 05/05/2020

NVC recieved: 05/06/2020

-Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
28 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

The projected annual income can be used.  It does not have to be exact.  

Per the above example, 11 hrs driving with max 70 hrs per 8 days maxes out at 61.25 hrs per 7 days.  The theoretical maximum hrs is 61.25 x 52 = 3185.  Average 55 miles per hr equals 175k miles.  Realistically the actual miles worked per year would be less.  A low estimate would be 1/2, at 87k miles.  At 30 cents per mile (for new drivers) that is about $26k per year.

So the salary range of the above example is $26k to $52k.  @Michael&Karen, have your husband estimate the miles he will be working, by talking to his employer or fellow drivers, multiplied by his pay rate.  Use that for his current income.

Thank you very much for the help, I don’t know anything about miles or how much he’ll be driving cause he just started the training but I’ll make sure to give him this example.

-NSC-

Marriage: 02-14-2019♥

I-130 PD:  08-30-2019
NOA1: 09/05/2019

NOA2: 05/05/2020

NVC recieved: 05/06/2020

-Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.