11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, I would like to ask if the "Statement(s) from your employer on business stationary" is needed for a job you recently got laid off. Like, let's say the interview is December and my fiance gets laid off in November but soon finds another job. Does he need the Statement from the previous job or just the current one even though is pretty recent?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If your fiance's financial situation changes, which will include a new/different job, then he should fill out a new I-134 and send it to you to bring to the interview.  

Current income is what matters.  The previous employer is not providing his current income and therefore is not relevant.  He will need a letter from his current employer only.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, ElijahDenker said:

In Part 3 of the I-134 where it asks for "annual income" what should I write if last year was my first time filing a tax return and I only worked for a few months of the year? Should I estimate my current annual income or write the amount that showed up on last year's tax return? 

Your current rate of pay annualized going forward.  This is NOT taken from your tax return 

YMMV

Thank you payxibka

Also, I have a joint sponsor who is also filling out an i-134. In part 3, question 38, it asks whether or not the sponsor intends to make "specific contributions" to support the beneficiary. The short answer in my case is no, they are simply a safety net who makes adequate income. So should my joint sponsor select "no"? Or would that send the wrong signal to the embassy as far as actually financially supporting the beneficiary if I, the primary sponsor, doesn't have a substantial enough income? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ElijahDenker said:

Thank you payxibka

Also, I have a joint sponsor who is also filling out an i-134. In part 3, question 38, it asks whether or not the sponsor intends to make "specific contributions" to support the beneficiary. The short answer in my case is no, they are simply a safety net who makes adequate income. So should my joint sponsor select "no"? Or would that send the wrong signal to the embassy as far as actually financially supporting the beneficiary if I, the primary sponsor, doesn't have a substantial enough income? 

Doesn't really matter but no is the better choice

YMMV

And in part 3 question 26.a. it asks to fill in the name of the person/s that you have submitted visa petitions for. In the previous question it specifies whether or not you have "previously" submitted affidavit of support forms for others, but the language of question 26.a. confuses me because I don't know if they're asking for the current person that the affidavit of support is intended to support or if it's asking for previous people that I have supported. A youtube video that very very briefly goes through the form (mostly without explanations) says to write in the current beneficiary you are attempting to bring into the country. But based on the question just above it I'm uncertain. 

Edited by ElijahDenker
typo

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ElijahDenker said:

And in part 3 question 26.a. it asks to fill in the name of the person/s that you have submitted visa petitions for. In the previous question it specifies whether or not you have "previously" submitted affidavit of support forms for others, but the language of question 26.a. confuses me because I don't know if they're asking for the current person that the affidavit of support is intended to support or if it's asking for previous people that I have supported. A youtube video that very very briefly goes through the form (mostly without explanations) says to write in the current beneficiary you are attempting to bring into the country. But based on the question just above it I'm uncertain. 

Answer it literally.   26a is asking about whether you have submitted a petition.  Answer is yes.

YMMV

Timeline
29 minutes ago, ElijahDenker said:

And on my joint sponsor's i-134 would they write none?

That assumes they have never submitted a petition for anyone 

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I thought a joint/co sponsor comes into picture ONLY when form I-864 is submitted, and for I-864 is submitted only for immigrant visa whether outside the US or inside the US. I never heard of a joint sponsor on form I-134 for K-1 visa. 

Do you think a joint/co sponsor can furnish I-134 if primary sponsor doesn’t work or doesn’t make required income?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.