EKT

Any experience with interviews in Auckland?

521 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, MelanieR18 said:

I'm so sad about this lockdown!! Fingers crossed it doesn't last long. 

Does your case status say sent to the embassy yet or is it still at NVC? Mine is still at NVC, hopefully they are still sending the cases across even though we are now in lockdown. 

We just got the interview letter overnight! I fully expect this might still be cancelled at any moment as I know they are not conducting interviews until Level 2 but it is a step in the right direction!! 

7 hours ago, EKT said:

We just got the interview letter overnight! I fully expect this might still be cancelled at any moment as I know they are not conducting interviews until Level 2 but it is a step in the right direction!! 

Congrats! We got a letter too! What a great thing to wake up to. Ours is on Sept 15 but I'm also expecting for it to be cancelled with the way the lockdown is going. At least we are nearing the end :)

@EKT Did you get any notification got an updated status such as "In Transit" or "Ready" before getting the interview letter?

Send IV Package : 2021-03-28

23 minutes ago, Israth said:

@EKT Did you get any notification got an updated status such as "In Transit" or "Ready" before getting the interview letter?

No, just the interview email from NVC out of the blue. I logged into CEAC and there were no new messages or notifications but at the top where is says "Your case is currently at" it now shows Auckland instead of NVC.  I think you're right that each Consulate/Embassy provides NVC with the available dates/times once each month and then NVC fills them from the queue and sends out the letters. 

Fingers crossed yours comes soon!

• 2 months later...

Hi, thank you all for sharing! I recently discovered this site and it's been so great.

We recently got DQ about 2 weeks ago.. has anyone heard back from consulate on when interviews will continue to be scheduled in Auckland based on this lockdown :(

Have those of you who had interviews scheduled in the past two months been able to reschedule? Or does it look like we're gonna have to wait till we've reached that 90% 🥲

Thanks in advance!

On 10/27/2021 at 6:52 PM, rycilla said:

Hi, thank you all for sharing! I recently discovered this site and it's been so great.

We recently got DQ about 2 weeks ago.. has anyone heard back from consulate on when interviews will continue to be scheduled in Auckland based on this lockdown :(

Have those of you who had interviews scheduled in the past two months been able to reschedule? Or does it look like we're gonna have to wait till we've reached that 90% 🥲

Thanks in advance!

Sadly, no. A couple of us have partners who had September interviews scheduled and they were cancelled in early Sept with no definitive answer about when they will restart. It seems like the Consulate should re-open when the traffic light system takes effect at 90% so I guess that will be Dec at the earliest. Never thought it would draw out for so long! 

I don’t think Auckland is a very busy Consulate for immigrant visa applications so hopefully they will work through any backlog quickly. I will post when if we hear anything or get a new interview date!

1 minute ago, EKT said:

Sadly, no. A couple of us have partners who had September interviews scheduled and they were cancelled in early Sept with no definitive answer about when they will restart. It seems like the Consulate should re-open when the traffic light system takes effect at 90% so I guess that will be Dec at the earliest. Never thought it would draw out for so long! 

I don’t think Auckland is a very busy Consulate for immigrant visa applications so hopefully they will work through any backlog quickly. I will post when if we hear anything or get a new interview date!

I know right, it's been so long!!

Annoyingly enough I received an email from NVC this morning around 7am saying my interview had been scheduled, I assumed they were finally open. But nope, at 11am I got an email from the consulate saying it was cancelled.

The email said that "Once Auckland moves to Alert Level 3 Step 2, we will begin to prioritize our outstanding immigrant visa applications by visa category and in the order the application was received."

So at the very least I'm hoping we move to step 2, if the traffic light system doesn't happen anytime soon. 

Thanks so much!

5 minutes ago, rycilla said:

I know right, it's been so long!!

Annoyingly enough I received an email from NVC this morning around 7am saying my interview had been scheduled, I assumed they were finally open. But nope, at 11am I got an email from the consulate saying it was cancelled.

The email said that "Once Auckland moves to Alert Level 3 Step 2, we will begin to prioritize our outstanding immigrant visa applications by visa category and in the order the application was received."

So at the very least I'm hoping we move to step 2, if the traffic light system doesn't happen anytime soon. 

Thanks so much!

Oh, that’s good to know about re-opening in step 2. At least the Consulate is trying to keep up with the ever-changing restrictions. I kind of feel like Level 3 step 2 and 3 have been superseded by the traffic lights but who could possibly know! 😅 I guess parts of Waikato moved to level 3 step 1 this week so maybe they are still a thing…

On 10/28/2021 at 9:05 PM, rycilla said:

@rycilla just listening to the announcement that Auckland will go to Step 2 next week. Did you get the impression from the Consulate that interviews would restart in Step 2? I wonder if that means people from outside Auckland will be able to travel there for interviews. 

@MelanieR18 this sounds positive for us! Might have interviews before the end of the year after all. Going to email B for an update lol

Will post here if I get any more info...

YAY! This sounds very promising. If retail can open, surely the embassy can open too. Do either of you know how to reschedule our interviews? Does the NVC do that or is there anything we need to do from our end?

@EKT yes please let us know what B says! Fingers and toes crossed for good news.

@EKT yes I would hope so as that was directly copied from the email I was sent! But who knows.. things are always changing 🥲

@MelanieR18 I emailed the other day asking about how to go about rescheduling, and B said they will provide full instructions once it's possible. "We will give you the information to access the calendar, and you will pick the date and time that works with your schedule." <--- directly from email. 

1 minute ago, rycilla said:

@MelanieR18 I emailed the other day asking about how to go about rescheduling, and B said they will provide full instructions once it's possible. "We will give you the information to access the calendar, and you will pick the date and time that works with your schedule." <--- directly from email. 

@rycilla great, thank you! Finally feel like we are getting somewhere :D

33 minutes ago, rycilla said:

@EKT yes I would hope so as that was directly copied from the email I was sent! But who knows.. things are always changing 🥲

AWESOME!! Hopefully they will let people fly and from AKL for this if fully vaccinated. @MelanieR18 it will be a breeze for you guys. @rycilla are you based in Auckland? We're in the South Island so can't even get the medical without travelling.

Edited by EKT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
35 minutes ago, EKT said:

@JoshandSarah @Stevi_09 this should be good news for you guys too!

Anyone else waiting for interviews in Auckland?

Hey, nah unfortunately @Vamp.nz and I have been in touch with the embassy but they’re not opening for interviews “until Traffic light system is implemented”

so more like end of the month or early next month…

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.