EKT

Any experience with interviews in Auckland?

521 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, rycilla said:

@EKT yes I would hope so as that was directly copied from the email I was sent! But who knows.. things are always changing 🥲

@MelanieR18 I emailed the other day asking about how to go about rescheduling, and B said they will provide full instructions once it's possible. "We will give you the information to access the calendar, and you will pick the date and time that works with your schedule." <--- directly from email. 

Are you sure about that? Not trying to be bearer of bad news but we got in contact with the embassy and they told @Vamp.nz and I they aren’t doing them

until traffic light system is implemented…

@JoshandSarah I have no idea anymore. Im losing hope. 

I received that email on October 28 regarding opening at Step 2. And when I asked about rescheduling the response was from B was received on October 29. I literally copied and pasted what they said. So I can’t be sure as the information is conflicting to what you were told. 

Maybe it depends on our visa types. I’m not sure. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, rycilla said:

@JoshandSarah I have no idea anymore. Im losing hope. 

I received that email on October 28 regarding opening at Step 2. And when I asked about rescheduling the response was from B was received on October 29. I literally copied and pasted what they said. So I can’t be sure as the information is conflicting to what you were told. 

Maybe it depends on our visa types. I’m not sure. 

Hi Joshua, 

The U.S. Consulate General Auckland is currently closed due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak in New Zealand. 

This email serves to acknowledge your email regarding your request. The Consulate will be in contact regarding scheduling appointments once we resume routine operations at the implementation of the New Zealand government's Covid-19 protection framework (traffic light system). 

Regards, 
IV Section 
U.S. Consulate General Auckland

that’s the email I got about 3 days ago 

3 minutes ago, JoshandSarah said:

Hi Joshua, 

The U.S. Consulate General Auckland is currently closed due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak in New Zealand. 

This email serves to acknowledge your email regarding your request. The Consulate will be in contact regarding scheduling appointments once we resume routine operations at the implementation of the New Zealand government's Covid-19 protection framework (traffic light system). 

Regards, 
IV Section 
U.S. Consulate General Auckland

that’s the email I got about 3 days ago 

Interesting cause mine was 3 days ago too? Will expect the worst then 🥲

Timeline
2 minutes ago, rycilla said:

Interesting cause mine was 3 days ago too? Will expect the worst then 🥲

Did they specifically say they’d ope

under step 2 to you? 😯

3 minutes ago, JoshandSarah said:

Did they specifically say they’d ope

under step 2 to you? 😯

This is the email I received on October 28: 

Dear applicant,

The U.S. Consulate General Auckland will remain closed to visa applicants requiring in-person interviews during Alert Level 3 Step 1. Your appointment has been cancelled and has not been rescheduled. In order to reschedule, you must log back into your account and select the next available date. Please keep in mind that this situation is dynamic and we may cancel future appointments if Auckland remains in a state of lockdown. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Once Auckland moves to Alert Level 3 Step 2, we will begin to prioritize our outstanding immigrant visa applications by visa category and in the order the application was received. Please bear with us while we navigate this transition. If you have a life-or-death emergency only, you can write to AucklandIV@state.gov and state your emergency. Keep in mind that we remain unable to process emergency appointments for visa applicants during Level 3 Step 1.

Thank you,

Immigrant Visa Unit
U.S. Consulate General Auckland, New Zealand

Then I asked how to reschedule. And B responded with the text I copied and pasted in the previous thread. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, rycilla said:

This is the email I received on October 28: 

Dear applicant,

The U.S. Consulate General Auckland will remain closed to visa applicants requiring in-person interviews during Alert Level 3 Step 1. Your appointment has been cancelled and has not been rescheduled. In order to reschedule, you must log back into your account and select the next available date. Please keep in mind that this situation is dynamic and we may cancel future appointments if Auckland remains in a state of lockdown. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Once Auckland moves to Alert Level 3 Step 2, we will begin to prioritize our outstanding immigrant visa applications by visa category and in the order the application was received. Please bear with us while we navigate this transition. If you have a life-or-death emergency only, you can write to AucklandIV@state.gov and state your emergency. Keep in mind that we remain unable to process emergency appointments for visa applicants during Level 3 Step 1.

Thank you,

Immigrant Visa Unit
U.S. Consulate General Auckland, New Zealand

Then I asked how to reschedule. And B responded with the text I copied and pasted in the previous thread. 

Interesting! That's so f'ed! we even got those emails on the same day! and they're different answers lol

1 minute ago, JoshandSarah said:

Interesting! That's so f'ed! we even got those emails on the same day! and they're different answers lol

Yeah I’m so confused 🥺 I had so much hope after the announcement and that email, but now definitely preparing for the worst again 🥲🥲🥲 

5 minutes ago, rycilla said:

Yeah I’m so confused 🥺 I had so much hope after the announcement and that email, but now definitely preparing for the worst again 🥲🥲🥲 

Oh man. Maybe it’s different for people based in Auckland due to the border/travel restrictions. I’m pretty sure that CR/IR and K visas have the exact same priority so I don’t think it could be due to category. They need to get their act together!

On 10/27/2021 at 6:52 PM, rycilla said:

Hi, thank you all for sharing! I recently discovered this site and it's been so great.

We recently got DQ about 2 weeks ago.. has anyone heard back from consulate on when interviews will continue to be scheduled in Auckland based on this lockdown :(

Have those of you who had interviews scheduled in the past two months been able to reschedule? Or does it look like we're gonna have to wait till we've reached that 90% 🥲

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I’ve been waiting since September 1st to get DQ. Did your application get DQ with the NVC timeframes or did it happen alot earlier than expected? At the moment NVC timeframes  are on 31 July. Just over this lengthy process process. 

thanks Steve 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, EKT said:

Oh man. Maybe it’s different for people based in Auckland due to the border/travel restrictions. I’m pretty sure that CR/IR and K visas have the exact same priority so I don’t think it could be due to category. They need to get their act together!

I agree!! this is ridiculous, we had a look at how many k1's specifically they process per month and it was like 2-5 visas max per month.

I have no idea what's going on up there

Timeline
28 minutes ago, rycilla said:

I know right! your message gave me hope too, I just don't know what to make of it all...

2 hours ago, EKT said:

@JoshandSarah @Stevi_09 this should be good news for you guys too!

Anyone else waiting for interviews in Auckland?

Yes!! Thanks for linking me. This is good to know. Hopefully will be DQ this year  and will get an interview in January. I live bottom of South Island so hopefully we can fly into north island for interview 

54 minutes ago, Stevi_09 said:

Hi, I’ve been waiting since September 1st to get DQ. Did your application get DQ with the NVC timeframes or did it happen alot earlier than expected? At the moment NVC timeframes  are on 31 July. Just over this lengthy process process. 

thanks Steve 

@Stevi_09 Yeah, we got DQ around the expected time NVC timeframes! We submitted our docs between 23-28 July and got DQ 13 October. Yeah the waiting takes its toll huh :(, hang in there! 

@EKT I just saw your question about my location! I'm in Auckland! Yeah that sucks that you can't even do medical in South Island. Also I would have thought that people out of Auckland would have been able to go to the Wellington Embassy? But I guess not? :( 

10 minutes ago, rycilla said:

@Stevi_09 Yeah, we got DQ around the expected time NVC timeframes! We submitted our docs between 23-28 July and got DQ 13 October. Yeah the waiting takes its toll huh :(, hang in there! 

@EKT I just saw your question about my location! I'm in Auckland! Yeah that sucks that you can't even do medical in South Island. Also I would have thought that people out of Auckland would have been able to go to the Wellington Embassy? But I guess not? :( 

Thanks that gives me hope! I hope not too far away now and we get DQ before Christmas 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.