nykolos

US Embassies giving preferential expedites to Military?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can only speak for the USEM in Manila, It's hard not to notice the posts on social media, where petitioners and beneficiaries share their expedite and visa approvals, where the majority are almost always Military or Ex-Military,  I'm very pro US Military, don't get me wrong, but when I read the reasons they provide in their expedite requests, it's on the weakest of grounds,  far weaker than the grounds I used and yet my requests have been denied, But considering that many employees at our embassies are military personnel, I guess I shouldn't be surprised,  it's just infuriating to see them cut in front of line, in front of filers who've been waiting nearly 2 years or more while they've been waiting only 7 months. :ranting:

2 hours ago, nykolos said:

I can only speak for the USEM in Manila, It's hard not to notice the posts on social media, where petitioners and beneficiaries share their expedite and visa approvals, where the majority are almost always Military or Ex-Military,  I'm very pro US Military, don't get me wrong, but when I read the reasons they provide in their expedite requests, it's on the weakest of grounds,  far weaker than the grounds I used and yet my requests have been denied, But considering that many employees at our embassies are military personnel, I guess I shouldn't be surprised,  it's just infuriating to see them cut in front of line, in front of filers who've been waiting nearly 2 years or more while they've been waiting only 7 months. :ranting:

Obviously, I don't know what your reasons for the expedite request was and I don't know the reasons for the other people's expedite requests. But they're adjudicated on a case-by-case basis and it's not just one person going through all expedite requests. There's a team of people going through them so unfortunately, the fact is that it does depend a little on whose desk your request lands on. Same thing with interviews; most get nice/professional interviewers but some unlucky people end up with rude ones. Also, social media should never be taken as an accurate representation of anything, especially with these kinds of topics and issues related to the government. Just because you're seeing a lot of military couples posting about this in social media does not mean they're the only ones getting approved expedites. They just happen to be the ones posting about it on social media. There are so many people who are on social media but are not necessarily posting about this kind of stuff for the sake of privacy; there are also many many people not on social media at all. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Active duty military can get expedited, but if you are "ex military" like you referenced than you are mistaken.  As a retired Army Officer, and additionally 100% disabled, I had to endure the same process that you are going through. Social media posting is largely a waste of time in my opinion.  Too much false information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.