Saljuboori

RFE for Tax Transcript for past 5 years

65 posts in this topic

After citizenship interview, I received an RFE to submit IRS transcripts for the past 5 years (2020-2016). However, I created an online account with IRS and was able to pull return transcripts for only past 4 years. I'm missing the one for 2016. However, I filled out the 4506-T form and faxed to IRS since 7/3/2021. I still haven't received it yet, what should I do? The RFE due date is 8/3. Please advise what should I do.

1 minute ago, Ahava said:

Call IRS and inquire about your faxed form. Or they can confirm if your 2016 tax transcript is mailed to you yet.

It’s so hard to get hold of IRS by phone these days! But I called and said they don’t track the faxed or mailed forms, but just have to wait.

11 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

You dont save copies of your returns?

I do of course! But they asked for a “transcript” not the return forms for all of these years. But yes, I do have the return form for 2016 and NOT the transcript (as USCIS requested)!

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Saljuboori said:

It’s so hard to get hold of IRS by phone these days! But I called and said they don’t track the faxed or mailed forms, but just have to wait.

I do of course! But they asked for a “transcript” not the return forms for all of these years. But yes, I do have the return form for 2016 and NOT the transcript (as USCIS requested)!

Ok

The return plus all the attachments can be added to the pile and bonus if you e-filed and can get the record that the return was submitted

Make that your plan B

1 minute ago, Nitas_man said:

Ok

The return plus all the attachments can be added to the pile and bonus if you e-filed and can get the record that the return was submitted

Make that your plan B

Yes I filed electronically with my tax preparer and I already asked them to provide me with a copy with their letterhead. Also, I have proofs that I did fax the request to IRS. 

do you think or heard before about such cases and things went okay with USCIS then?

3 minutes ago, Ahava said:

Good thing, you have your return with you. Although transcripts are more official, returns with your signature and explanation can work as well ( if your 2016 transcript can not be ready by the deadline)

Do you think providing the return form for 2016 (only) instead of the transcript will give them the legal basis to deny my application. 

FYI… I do have the “Account” Transcript from IRS for 2016 to show I had filed and didn’t owe any taxes (again it’s Account Transcript but not Return Transcript).

9 minutes ago, Saljuboori said:

Do you think providing the return form for 2016 (only) instead of the transcript will give them the legal basis to deny my application. 

FYI… I do have the “Account” Transcript from IRS for 2016 to show I had filed and didn’t owe any taxes (again it’s Account Transcript but not Return Transcript).

I can not give you a legal advice but i would not worry when i have this much evidence that shows taxes are paid. Also, your transcript might arrive before the deadline.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Saljuboori said:

I didnt say return form.  

Return, W2’s, 1099’s, all the attachments

Edited by Nitas_man

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.