Blajje

2 year or 10 year greencard?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We have been married almost 2 years.

We had the greencard interview almost 4-5 months ago. Still nothing. Waiting the answer.
If we get approved soon and around that time we have been married for 2 years, do we get the 10 year greencard instead?
Or the 2 year greencard since the interview was at the time when we had been married little over a year..

thank you:)

Timeline
On 7/9/2021 at 1:20 PM, HRQX said:

Only if Form I-485 is approved on or after 10/10/2021. See INA 216(h)(1).

Ooh okay! Yeah it was approved long time ago! Well thank you!

Timeline
Just now, HRQX said:

Note that I-485 is the form you were "Waiting the answer" for. When you get the Approval notice for I-485 look at the Notice Date.

Okay sorry now I’m confused😆. We got the I-485 interview letter long time ago, interview in February. After that nothing. 
So the I guess the I-485 packet was approved for us to go to the interview but still waiting the greencard approval..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Blajje said:

Okay sorry now I’m confused😆. We got the I-485 interview letter long time ago, interview in February. After that nothing. 
So the I guess the I-485 packet was approved for us to go to the interview but still waiting the greencard approval..

So you had your interview like 5 months ago and you haven't heard anything? No approval, denial, RFE? I don't think that's normal.  I'd be trying to find out more info.

Timeline
1 hour ago, HRQX said:

"I-485 approval" and "Green card approval" are the same thing. Form I-485 is called "Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status." Thus you are still waiting on I-485 approval.

Okay!! So we might even get the 10 yeard card if we pass the few more months! Great:)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Skyman said:

So you had your interview like 5 months ago and you haven't heard anything? No approval, denial, RFE? I don't think that's normal.  I'd be trying to find out more info.

Yeah😩 I contacted uscis throught the chat and she said it is still in normal processing time even it is after interview. They are doing July 2019 cases now… She said nothing she can do about it.

so what can we do? Just wait..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Blajje said:

Yeah😩 I contacted uscis throught the chat and she said it is still in normal processing time even it is after interview. They are doing July 2019 cases now… She said nothing she can do about it.

so what can we do? Just wait..

That's kind of sad really. I would think they wouldn't bother with an interview until they were ready for the final decision unless the interview turned up some they needed to RFE.  Hang in there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.