jkowalski

Used to travel to US on a B2 visa 2 years ago. Last year I change my citizenship to Canada. Now I will be going to USA on F1 status in September, how do I notify CBP or USCIS? (merged)

33 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, jkowalski said:

Because this link is used to file a complaint, do you mean that I should file a complaint beside calling them? Is there another formal way of contact them beside this?

Contacting DHS TRIP is optional.  I just copy-pasted what's on the I-94 website.  It seems to me that calling or emailing CBP should be enough, but I have no personal experience with the I-94 correction process.  I looked it up before because someone in my FB group had a visa issue due to not having her departure date on her I-94 travel history.  She only found out about the missing date when she applied to renew her B visa and was denied for possible overstay.  When she tried to show the consul officer her passport stamp showing that she re-entered our home country before her I-94 expired, the CO just told her, "I only believe what's in our records." 😑

4 hours ago, Chancy said:

Contacting DHS TRIP is optional.  I just copy-pasted what's on the I-94 website.  It seems to me that calling or emailing CBP should be enough, but I have no personal experience with the I-94 correction process.  I looked it up before because someone in my FB group had a visa issue due to not having her departure date on her I-94 travel history.  She only found out about the missing date when she applied to renew her B visa and was denied for possible overstay.  When she tried to show the consul officer her passport stamp showing that she re-entered our home country before her I-94 expired, the CO just told her, "I only believe what's in our records." 😑

Thanks a lot for sharing the story. It is very sad story for her. And it is indeed very brutal when the officer can just have that much power to simply ignore her passport stamp. Did she have boarding pass or other type of evidence?

And it seems to be a dead end for her? The officer doesn't believe her passport stamp and there is no record of her leaving. So it seems to be an dead end?

16 minutes ago, jkowalski said:

So it seems to be an dead end?

She hasn't posted again in that FB group, so I never found out if she was able to fix her I-94 exit record and get another B visa.  Anyway, it's good that unlike her, you became aware of your I-94 issue in a more timely manner and are being proactive about getting your record corrected.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.