vtstang66

Two-part interviews at Ciudad Juarez?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well we finally got our appointment.  The consulate put us on ice for 15 months then gave us 3 days notice to be at the interview on Friday!  We're excited, but apparently there are a lot of people posting in Facebook groups that the consulate in CDJ is doing two-day interviews.  The first day they just take your documents and fingerprints, then the second day they give you the actual interview.

Not only does this seem really dumb, but if Friday is day 1, that means she needs to go back 4 days later on Tuesday due to the long weekend.  Has anyone heard about this?  Maybe we're misunderstanding?  Everything I have read for the last 3 years leads me to believe that there's only one interview appointment and they do everything then.

The consular website has a link where you have to "register your appointment" and set up your biometric appointment, so we're hoping that the fingerprint appointment is day 1 and then we're done on Friday.  The site doesn't work, so that's something else we're working on.

Hi there, we are not in Mexico but just had our interview in Guayaquil, Ecuador this week.

They also JUST started doing the two day interviews this month I believe. While it was frustrating to not have it done with in one day it actually made the whole process faster for everyone. The first day they make sure you have all the documents you need, and then the second day everyone's interviews go smoother and people are in and out faster because there is less shuffling of papers, seeing if everything is in order etc. The consular officers already had everything they needed sorted out for them the day before.

We had our original date on Monday at 1pm and then they had us come back on Tuesday at 7:45am. Both days my husband was only inside the consulate for about 1 hour. 

Sorry about the long weekend, I can imagine that is frustrating. But you're so close!! Good luck!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Lex been waiting said:

When was your case document approved? Are you in the US? They only gave you 3 day notice before your interview?

CC April 2020, see my timeline.  I'm in the U.S. she's in Mexico.  Yes.  She had to drop everything, run out on her job, and scramble to get travel and lodging arranged, medical appointment, biometrics, and a new police certificate in Ciudad Juárez.  And the system to schedule the biometrics wasn't working (third party contractor), so she had a lot of stressful phone conversations to make that happen!  Fortunately we had our documents 90% in order already.

Anyway to update, she handed over the documents today.  They only asked for:

-2020 tax return

-2020 W2

-her birth certificate

-our marriage certificate.

And yes there is a second appointment for the actual interview and yes it is on Tuesday.

51 minutes ago, vtstang66 said:

Also, the medical exam place (SMF) charged $272.50 USD for the exam.  That's somebody's weekly salary down there...

It's not surprising when people can't choose from many service providers.  In the Philippines, the only clinic accredited for US visa medicals charges around $350 USD (based on current exchange rate).  That's more than the monthly minimum wage set by government regulation...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, vtstang66 said:

Also, the medical exam place (SMF) charged $272.50 USD for the exam.  That's somebody's weekly salary down there...

Medical exams for immigrants are usually paid for by the petitioner/sponsor, but they do tend to be more or less expensive based on local costs.  Much higher in London, for example.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
4 hours ago, vtstang66 said:

CC April 2020, see my timeline.  I'm in the U.S. she's in Mexico.  Yes.  She had to drop everything, run out on her job, and scramble to get travel and lodging arranged, medical appointment, biometrics, and a new police certificate in Ciudad Juárez.  And the system to schedule the biometrics wasn't working (third party contractor), so she had a lot of stressful phone conversations to make that happen!  Fortunately we had our documents 90% in order already.

-2020 tax return

-2020 W2

-her birth certificate

And yes there is a second appointment for the actual interview and yes it is on Tuesday.

Can you also post what questions she was asked thanks 😊

11 hours ago, vtstang66 said:

-2020 tax return

-2020 W2

-her birth certificate

Thank you much for answering! This has been a long journey & I hope the best for you all! Please keep us updated on Tuesday. Praying for you all.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Oscar G said:

How did they contact you phone,email or letter?

They sent an email at 2:55 am on Tuesday June 29; they might have sent a letter too but I haven't received it.

Edited by vtstang66
Clarity

On 6/29/2021 at 9:11 PM, vtstang66 said:

Not only does this seem really dumb, but if Friday is day 1, that means she needs to go back 4 days later on Tuesday due to the long weekend. 

Agreed. Sorry about that.

And with covid, the multiple visits only raises the potential risk of covid spread.

SMH

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

Timeline

She was approved!

The interview took 2 minutes.  They asked:

How did you meet?

What does your husband do?

Do you have kids?

Did you ever break the rules of your tourist visa?

Have either of you been married before?

The wait for the interview took 3.5 hours.  Contrary to everything I read before, instead of giving her an immigration packet and stamping her passport, they took the passport.  Now they will print something in it and send it back to her in some days.  So if anyone is thinking about going from the consulate to the border, that's not an option.

Edited by vtstang66

Timeline
Just now, Oscar G said:

Where will you be receiving the packet?

She said they were sending it to her house, but the piece of paper they gave her (attached) makes it sound like she will have to go to some local office to pick it up.

IMG_20210706_111659752~2.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.