Mexis2020

K-1 NVC to Embassy (CDMX) but no welcome letter/cannot pay invoice

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have searched on this site and other sites before posting this question but sorry if I missed a similar post. NVC emailed last week they are moving K-1 application to Mexico City Embassy which is great. So I was assigned one case number and invoice number for CDJ (original location of interview) and another case number and invoice number for CDMX (current location since they moved all K-1s there). I never got a welcome letter nor invoice despite me completing the online form to request them several times and calling. I must be doing something wrong on CEAC site since when I pull up the new case number and new invoice number I get an error, when I pull up new case number and old invoice I get a message about the DS160 being needed. We are in the process of finalizing the DS160 but how can I pay the fees for everything?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am not an expert in this, as I am in the same position as you (waiting for the welcome letter and interview date), but I think the answer is that you just have to keep waiting for the letter from the consulate which will explain about paying the fees and all of the extra paperwork.  Also, if you ask this question at one of the "K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY" threads, as linked below, you might get more responses.  Anyway, checked this web site for anyone with a late-June Embassy date (like you and I there are 6 couples with a 6/28/2021 Embassy date) and no has received their letter yet.  So, hopefully that changes soon.

On 6/28/2021 at 10:21 AM, Mexis2020 said:

I have searched on this site and other sites before posting this question but sorry if I missed a similar post. NVC emailed last week they are moving K-1 application to Mexico City Embassy which is great. So I was assigned one case number and invoice number for CDJ (original location of interview) and another case number and invoice number for CDMX (current location since they moved all K-1s there). I never got a welcome letter nor invoice despite me completing the online form to request them several times and calling. I must be doing something wrong on CEAC site since when I pull up the new case number and new invoice number I get an error, when I pull up new case number and old invoice I get a message about the DS160 being needed. We are in the process of finalizing the DS160 but how can I pay the fees for everything?

I’m sure all the following info is embassy specific but I just wanted to share that I  did not receive a welcome letter in the mail but I did receive a welcome letter via email but that was only when my case was sent to the embassy. It was a standard letter just saying the NVC was forwarding my case to the embassy, that’s all. I’m not sure what “invoice” your referring to, but I’ve already been to my interview in DR and I didn’t need an invoice for anything.

I don’t know about Mexico but In DR they don’t allow you to schedule your interview so after my case was received by the embassy I had to wait until they emailed me with my interview date and next steps.

You pay your visa fee on us travel doc website are you fill out your ds-160

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/28/2021 at 9:21 AM, Mexis2020 said:

So, I am up to speed on the K-1 interviews being done in Mexico City, but you will need to complete the DS-160 before paying the K-1 visa fee. There are no specific instructions posted for Mexico City since Juarez used to be the only place that you could go for the K-1. These are the instructions for CDJ, but hopefully they still have enough info to help you out. https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

You can contact the NVC and ask about the case number issues, and if you need to wait for contact from the consulate to fill out DS-160, register and pay the K-1 visa fee. 

https://mx.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas-information/

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/28/2021 at 7:21 AM, Mexis2020 said:

Hello,

I will try to answer these the best I can. You really don't need the invoice for K1, just the case number that should now start with MEX.

Sometimes there's site issues with logging in CEAC that resolve in a few days. That could also mean they're updating your case. If this doesn't resolve call NVC.

You will likely not receive a welcome letter until your case is 'In Transit' to the embassy. The letter you do receive be sure to print (K1-FTP).

You can complete the DS 160 really at any time, but if you make changes like move you will need to start a new one. Print the confirmation. You will be able to 'link' your completed DS 160 to your profile created to register and pay for your interview at a later time.

Once your case moves from 'In Transit' to 'Ready' you should be on the lookout for mail/email/call for the scheduled appointment notice. This typically goes to the petitioners email but it can go to either. Print this email as well.

You cannot make a payment for the CAS until you've been scheduled an interview. They give you links to create a profile to schedule the biometrics, make a payment, and link your DS 160.

If you're still At NVC I highly recommend that you start working on all of your documents needed for the interview. This can take time and changes with CDMX embassy can happen suddenly. Make sure the beneficiary has a valid passport that does not expire within 6 months. 

Edited by RainyJupiter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/10/2021 at 5:41 AM, KayDeeCee said:

So, I am up to speed on the K-1 interviews being done in Mexico City

Ugh, that was supposed to say that I am NOT up to speed on it, but I think people got the gist of that anyway.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

On 7/10/2021 at 7:08 AM, RainyJupiter said:

Once your case moves from 'In Transit' to 'Ready' you should be on the lookout for mail/email/call for the scheduled appointment notice. This typically goes to the petitioners email but it can go to either. Print this email as well.

Our case has been in the "Ready" stage since June 28. However, to our knowledge neither of us has received further correspondence. I see a few couples with similar NOA1/NOA2 dates have had their interviews scheduled July 2021.

I don't know if we need to keep waiting, or who I need to contact to get more info. I've already sent a message to the NVC, but I don't expect much from that. I'm contacting the Mexico City consulate next.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
49 minutes ago, guy1872 said:

Our case has been in the "Ready" stage since June 28. However, to our knowledge neither of us has received further correspondence. I see a few couples with similar NOA1/NOA2 dates have had their interviews scheduled July 2021.

I don't know if we need to keep waiting, or who I need to contact to get more info. I've already sent a message to the NVC, but I don't expect much from that. I'm contacting the Mexico City consulate next.

You should try to reach out to the embassy ASAP. I am in a group on facebook and this happened to a few others, some were scheduled interviews and did not know it - others reached out and were scheduled an interview after contacting the embassy. From what I see, they've scheduled appointments for those with NOA2s all the way to December 2020 who have been "ready" since end of June. Here's contact information below:

From Mexico: 5541638422 From USA: 011525541638422
Option 2 Spanish
Option 3 Immigrant Visa
Option 6 Visa k
Option 1 Operator

• 2 years later...
On 7/10/2021 at 5:08 AM, Sierra TC said:

Hello,

I will try to answer these the best I can. You really don't need the invoice for K1, just the case number that should now start with MEX.

Sometimes there's site issues with logging in CEAC that resolve in a few days. That could also mean they're updating your case. If this doesn't resolve call NVC.

You will likely not receive a welcome letter until your case is 'In Transit' to the embassy. The letter you do receive be sure to print (K1-FTP).

You can complete the DS 160 really at any time, but if you make changes like move you will need to start a new one. Print the confirmation. You will be able to 'link' your completed DS 160 to your profile created to register and pay for your interview at a later time.

You cannot make a payment for the CAS until you've been scheduled an interview. They give you links to create a profile to schedule the biometrics, make a payment, and link your DS 160.

If you're still At NVC I highly recommend that you start working on all of your documents needed for the interview. This can take time and changes with CDMX embassy can happen suddenly. Make sure the beneficiary has a valid passport that does not expire within 6 months. 

Thanks.  But just to be clear, for the Ciudad Juárez embassy, k1 applicants are to wait for the scheduled interview appointment, and not scheduling it themselves?  I'm still wait for the letter of instruction from the embassy, but I'm not quite sure if the interview appointment is scheduled for me, or I have to schedule it?  Please help clarify, thanks a bunch!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.