AKBarnes

London embassy -Expedite

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello

Our DQ date is Feb 17th. Spouse visa

I have recently turned down a contract ( My husband and I work for Carnival cruises) that means I have lost 8 months of US taxable income. My next offer for work is starting August 8th.

We have no idea whats going on with interviews in London at the moment. We thought we would make the June interviews that never happened 😩 

Do any of the forum experts know if with my proof of loss of income if this would qualify for expedite or is it not enough? It going to be a huge blow to loose more income

Any advice would be greatly received x

2 minutes ago, Amanda Hunt said:

Hello

Our DQ date is Feb 17th. Spouse visa

I have recently turned down a contract ( My husband and I work for Carnival cruises) that means I have lost 8 months of US taxable income. My next offer for work is starting August 8th.

We have no idea whats going on with interviews in London at the moment. We thought we would make the June interviews that never happened 😩 

Do any of the forum experts know if with my proof of loss of income if this would qualify for expedite or is it not enough? It going to be a huge blow to loose more income

Any advice would be greatly received x

Why did you choose to turn that down?   I don’t think an expedite would be justified, because you made the choice to pass on potential income.

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

Why did you choose to turn that down?   I don’t think an expedite would be justified, because you made the choice to pass on potential income.

I had to turn it down because I will be porting out of the states for 8 months and wouldn't be able to leave to return to England for my medical/interview therefore delaying the process even further. By the previous batch of interviews released we are very close

18 minutes ago, Amanda Hunt said:

I had to turn it down because I will be porting out of the states for 8 months and wouldn't be able to leave to return to England for my medical/interview therefore delaying the process even further. By the previous batch of interviews released we are very close

It’s free to try to expedite.   I have never heard of a financial hardship expedite being granted because a person’s job conflicted with the immigrant visa interview.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

It’s free to try to expedite.   I have never heard of a financial hardship expedite being granted because a person’s job conflicted with the immigrant visa interview.

Thank for replying. Can't hurt at this point right x

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are the UKC?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you still have the opportunity to accept the contract and it is for places like the Caribbean,  do it

those ships stop at several ports within a day or 2 of each stop

my stepdaughter was purser on both Carnival and Royal , and they often flew a cruise member back home (when they docked for an island stop)  for an emergency 

and seriously chances for an interview within this 8 months is slim with all the ones in line since 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not an obvious expedite but no harm trying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi everyone,

I wanted to say that our expedite request was approved on Friday 4th June. 

We were expecting to be in the May batch of interviews as we were DQ'd at the end of February 2021 but I guess this is promising considering they didn't release any last month.

Just wondered had anyone else recently heard anything about an expedite request they had filed?

For those of you who have been approved expedite previously, could you tell me how quickly you heard from London Embassy after NVC emailed to say it was approved? We keep checking our CEAC status but it still is saying "At NVC" after 3 days. I feel like based on what I've been reading, this is a long time? I am most likely wrong so please be kind haha. We have the "Case has been expedited to post" message in our message folder but that's about it. 

As always, thank you in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.