Dory

Can I Apply For a Tourism Visa While My US Passport is Currently in the Renewal Process?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,

I am in a bit of a bind currently due to my USA passport renewal process taking longer than expected. It is critical that I to travel to Turkey soon but in order to do so I need (1) my renewed USA passport since mine was expiring within 6 months and (2) a Turkey tourism visa (or other visa of some kind which would permit my entry). 

I have a pending expedited passport renewal which has been in the system for some time and I am going to try and contact my US Representative's office to see if they can do anything at all to help speed it up (desperate, I know...). But I also need to obtain a Turkey Tourism Visa -- but I don't know if/how I can do so given the fact that I am currently renewing my passport. I do have scans of my existing passport that I sent in for renewal, which is valid until November 30th, 2021 (note that this expiration is within 6 months of my travel).

Is it possible to apply for the Turkey tourism visa now using my older, but still valid passport's information, or would I really need to wait until if/when I receive my renewed passport to do so?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

A.O.S. Process 🤷‍♀️ 📑 🤷‍♂️

May 13th, 2020 - Turkish immigrant within the U.S. married to U.S. citizen 

June 28th, 2020 - I-130 Submitted Electronically

June 30th, 2020 - I-130 Receipt Notice Received

June 30th, 2020 - "I-485 + I-765 + I-131 Package" Submitted by Mail

July 2nd, 2020 - "I-485 + I-765 + I-131 Package" Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

August 5th, 2020 - Opened case through USCIS helpline about lack of any receipt notifications

August 7th, 2020 - I-485 + I-131 forms were officially "received" by USCIS (36 days after arrival!!! 🤯

August 6-13th, 2020 - "I-485 + I-765 + I-131 Package" Money Order Cashed at Some Point...

August 13th, 2020 - I-485 + I-131 Text Message Receipt Notices Received

September 12th, 2020 - I-765 Rejection Notice Received by Mail (Notice date August 3rd)

October 9th, 2020 - Resubmitted I-765 Received

January 13th, 2021 - I-131/ I-765 Expedite Request Received

January 21st, 2021 - I-130 Approval Notice

January 24th, 2021 - I-130 sent to Department of State [NVC]

February 11th, 2021 - Completed Biometrics Appointment 🙌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Turkey certainly used to be visa on entry for US citizens

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Turkey certainly used to be visa on entry for US citizens

That is unfortunately not the case anymore. E-Visa's are required now.

Edit: Also quick follow-up -- if I DO manage to get an E-Visa using my old passport would it still be valid even if I try to enter the country using my renewed passport?

Edited by Dory

A.O.S. Process 🤷‍♀️ 📑 🤷‍♂️

May 13th, 2020 - Turkish immigrant within the U.S. married to U.S. citizen 

June 28th, 2020 - I-130 Submitted Electronically

June 30th, 2020 - I-130 Receipt Notice Received

June 30th, 2020 - "I-485 + I-765 + I-131 Package" Submitted by Mail

July 2nd, 2020 - "I-485 + I-765 + I-131 Package" Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

August 5th, 2020 - Opened case through USCIS helpline about lack of any receipt notifications

August 7th, 2020 - I-485 + I-131 forms were officially "received" by USCIS (36 days after arrival!!! 🤯

August 6-13th, 2020 - "I-485 + I-765 + I-131 Package" Money Order Cashed at Some Point...

August 13th, 2020 - I-485 + I-131 Text Message Receipt Notices Received

September 12th, 2020 - I-765 Rejection Notice Received by Mail (Notice date August 3rd)

October 9th, 2020 - Resubmitted I-765 Received

January 13th, 2021 - I-131/ I-765 Expedite Request Received

January 21st, 2021 - I-130 Approval Notice

January 24th, 2021 - I-130 sent to Department of State [NVC]

February 11th, 2021 - Completed Biometrics Appointment 🙌

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.