oa2006

Interpreter at the embassy

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hello, 

My wife has her interview soon in the Abu Dhabi embassy for immigration. I know they offer Arabic/Farsi/Urdu/Hindi, but none of these language work for her can we bring our own? An interpreter over the phone, video conferencing, in-person or can I join here while she dose her interview so I can translate? 

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

Kindly read the full topic in the given refence link:

REFERENCE:

U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - ABD (state.gov)

"

Accompanying persons

Attorneys are not permitted to accompany clients into the waiting room or to their interview. The following persons may accompany a visa applicant to their interview:

• Interpreter: The Consular Section provides interpreters for Farsi, Arabic, Urdu, and Hindi. If you speak another language and cannot communicate in one of the languages above, you may be able to bring an interpreter.
  • Special Needs Visitors: Applicants may bring ONE person to help if they are elderly, disabled, or a minor child."

Timeline
31 minutes ago, nelmagriffin said:

Greetings!

Kindly read the full topic in the given refence link:

REFERENCE:

U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - ABD (state.gov)

"

Accompanying persons

Attorneys are not permitted to accompany clients into the waiting room or to their interview. The following persons may accompany a visa applicant to their interview:

• Interpreter: The Consular Section provides interpreters for Farsi, Arabic, Urdu, and Hindi. If you speak another language and cannot communicate in one of the languages above, you may be able to bring an interpreter.
  • Special Needs Visitors: Applicants may bring ONE person to help if they are elderly, disabled, or a minor child."

Thank you for the reply. Can I act as an Interpreter for her?

Edited by oa2006

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, oa2006 said:

Thank you for the reply. Can I act as an Interpreter for her?

Marhaba,

I think you have to ask the Consulate in Abhu Dhabi either by calling or emailing them way ahead of time. In my own opinion, I dont think that they will allow you to be her interpreter as you have an interest in the outcome of the interview. They might think that it is bias.

But, there is no harm in asking way ahead of time. So you can prepapare and maybe hire someone that can legally and competently interperet without bias.

Goodluck,

NG

Timeline
On 5/27/2021 at 10:49 AM, oa2006 said:

Hello, 

My wife has her interview soon in the Abu Dhabi embassy for immigration. I know they offer Arabic/Farsi/Urdu/Hindi, but none of these language work for her can we bring our own? An interpreter over the phone, video conferencing, in-person or can I join here while she dose her interview so I can translate? 

Thanks

Hello, I my wife's case was also transferred from Baghdad to Abu Dhabi and it was DQ'ed on July 2020 but my case is still at NVC and still waiting for the interview, did you expedite your case? what was your timeline if you can share please?

Timeline
On 5/30/2021 at 1:15 AM, KQM said:

Hello, I my wife's case was also transferred from Baghdad to Abu Dhabi and it was DQ'ed on July 2020 but my case is still at NVC and still waiting for the interview, did you expedite your case? what was your timeline if you can share please?

We tried to expedite it, but got rejected. They told us if we come to UAE they will expedite it, so we did so.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, oa2006 said:

We tried to expedite it, but got rejected. They told us if we come to UAE they will expedite it, so we did so.

Can you please explain a bit more, did you just went there on a visa or did you had to have a residency, if you were on a visiting visa how long did you have to wait for the interview inside UAE?

Your reply is really appreciate i started to have hope again 😀

Timeline
On 6/1/2021 at 1:29 PM, KQM said:

Can you please explain a bit more, did you just went there on a visa or did you had to have a residency, if you were on a visiting visa how long did you have to wait for the interview inside UAE?

Your reply is really appreciate i started to have hope again 😀

Sorry, for the late reply just been really busy.

We both went there on a visitor visa and scanned our passport to show we are there. It took us about 4-5 week to have our appointment set but it was set for 3 month ahead.  it basically took us about 5 month to get everything done. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, oa2006 said:

Sorry, for the late reply just been really busy.

We both went there on a visitor visa and scanned our passport to show we are there. It took us about 4-5 week to have our appointment set but it was set for 3 month ahead.  it basically took us about 5 month to get everything done. 

Thanks for the reply, I just didn't get the visa part, so did you travel to UAE on a visa and then sent it to NVC to show that you were there and then after 3 months you got an appointment? did you have to stay there the whole time? 

or did you go visit and then went back to iraq or US to wait for the interview ?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, KQM said:

Thanks for the reply, I just didn't get the visa part, so did you travel to UAE on a visa and then sent it to NVC to show that you were there and then after 3 months you got an appointment? did you have to stay there the whole time? 

or did you go visit and then went back to iraq or US to wait for the interview ?

yeah we both traveled on a tourist visa travel to UAE and stayed there the whole time till we got our appointment. and yes, we did travel back to our home country and waited for the interview date.

Timeline
1 minute ago, oa2006 said:

yeah we both traveled on a tourist visa travel to UAE and stayed there the whole time till we got our appointment. and yes, we did travel back to our home country and waited for the interview date.

Awesome, thank you very much for the details, I really appreciate it 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.