7 posts in this topic

Hello,I am US citizen and I am going to petition & sponsor  my parents for green card.we are family of three with 1 3 year old boy.our financial situation is not that great.we both part time because we both are in school as well completing our graduate degree.how much do we need to make as couple to sponsor my parents for green card?I have also petitioned my brother for green card in F4 category few weeks ago.Do we only need to submit form I-864 to department of state?do we need to submit form I-864,pay stubs,tax returns separately to both department of state and US embassy/consulate?how many months of pay stub do we need to send?if I stop working in next few months while petition is pending will it make it difficult for both petition to get approved even though my spouse will be working?I apologize if these questions were asked or answered by any member in the group

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, mrcp2017 said:

Hello,I am US citizen and I am going to petition & sponsor  my parents for green card.we are family of three with 1 3 year old boy.our financial situation is not that great.we both part time because we both are in school as well completing our graduate degree.how much do we need to make as couple to sponsor my parents for green card?I have also petitioned my brother for green card in F4 category few weeks ago.Do we only need to submit form I-864 to department of state?do we need to submit form I-864,pay stubs,tax returns separately to both department of state and US embassy/consulate?how many months of pay stub do we need to send?if I stop working in next few months while petition is pending will it make it difficult for both petition to get approved even though my spouse will be working?I apologize if these questions were asked or answered by any member in the group

I864 does NOT get sent to the USCIS.  Petition approval is not dependent on financial ability,  the ultimate visa approval, at some point a year or more in the future, will. 

P S.  Your brother won't come up for a visa for about 15 years

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

your parents will need separate I 130 petitions ($535 each at this time)

1st of all and they will not be in any interview for about a year and a half

at the 2nd stage NVC you will pay 2 fees for each of them of (There is a DS-260 online processing fee($325) and a fee  to process the affidavit of support ($120). The total feesare $445)       

at this time (for 2021) for family of 5 needing 125% the minimum is 

$38,800

since this is for Pakistan,   this will take a long time as even after an interview your family will be in long AP for the security checks

and i do not try to say this to discourage but to let you know ,  you have time to perhaps finish your degree and have a better income

51 minutes ago, mrcp2017 said:

Is it compulsory to upload and submit parents passport pages along with form I-130 to uscis?my parents just applied for passport renewal and it’s gonna take atleast month or so for them to get their new passports

Beneficiary's passport bio page is not required for the I-130 petition.  It will be required at the NVC stage AFTER the petition has been approved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
55 minutes ago, mrcp2017 said:

Is it compulsory to upload and submit parents passport pages along with form I-130 to uscis?my parents just applied for passport renewal and it’s gonna take atleast month or so for them to get their new passports

A careful read of the instructions will indicate what items are compulsory 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.