Jump to content
Englishsammy

Anyone waiting on IR5 interview for parents?

37 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi there

 

I tried searching and couldn't find much so I just wanted to see who's waiting on an interview for parents? I applied Feb 2020 and my mom was DQ'd in January 2021 and my Dad finally in March 2021 so waiting on London to schedule and interview.

 

 


09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Englishsammy said:

Hi there

 

I tried searching and couldn't find much so I just wanted to see who's waiting on an interview for parents? I applied Feb 2020 and my mom was DQ'd in January 2021 and my Dad finally in March 2021 so waiting on London to schedule and interview.

 

 

I'm a parent waiting for an interview. I was DQ'd in June 2020 and have been waiting since then, with no sign of any movement yet on IR5 interviews in London.

 

I-130 sent to USCIS - January 14, 2019

I-130 approved - April 25, 2019

Notice of case received by NVC - January 3, 2020

Fees paid - January 8, 2020

Documents accepted - March 5, 2020

DQ'd - June 8, 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the reply. I really hope they start the interviews up again soon. Such a long wait


09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had been but due to a pretty crappy medical diagnosis for my mother I was able to get them expedited. They got interviews tomorrow, medicals Thursday (closest/soonest they could get).

 

They actually live in the Channel islands so they flew today due to limited flights. This crazy system has me super super nervous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am petitioning for my mum to move to the US.

 

NVC said they were approving all of her documents and sending them to the London Embassy last week. Does anyone know how much longer we can anticipate this process taking? I am aware there is a backlog due to the pandemic. We applied in August 2020.


Immigration Timeline

 

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

 

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

 

I am the Beneficiary

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Pheebs1201 said:

I am petitioning for my mum to move to the US.

 

NVC said they were approving all of her documents and sending them to the London Embassy last week. Does anyone know how much longer we can anticipate this process taking? I am aware there is a backlog due to the pandemic. We applied in August 2020.

*As soon as you get that email (I got one that said appointments had been cancelled, obviously they didn't have one, and then a follow up with the text The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in LONDON, GRBR approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your immigrant visa application to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in LONDON, GRBR for their action. The Embassy/Consulate General will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview.

If you have questions about your visa interview, please visit the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General's website at https://www.usembassy.gov.)

From there try to create an account on the AIS site (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv) if the embassy has all the information they need and the file then you should be able to see appointments and schedule one. Make sure to check back often as an option to try to find a cancellation if it's a ways away. Hopefully that helps ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ArkansasExile said:

*As soon as you get that email (I got one that said appointments had been cancelled, obviously they didn't have one, and then a follow up with the text The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in LONDON, GRBR approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your immigrant visa application to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in LONDON, GRBR for their action. The Embassy/Consulate General will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview.

If you have questions about your visa interview, please visit the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General's website at https://www.usembassy.gov.)

From there try to create an account on the AIS site (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv) if the embassy has all the information they need and the file then you should be able to see appointments and schedule one. Make sure to check back often as an option to try to find a cancellation if it's a ways away. Hopefully that helps ... 

Thank you for the information! How do I know if they have received her file from the NVC yet?


Immigration Timeline

 

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

 

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

 

I am the Beneficiary

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Pheebs1201 said:

Thank you for the information! How do I know if they have received her file from the NVC yet?

Your status here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

will say “Ready”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Pheebs1201 said:

Thank you for the information! How do I know if they have received her file from the NVC yet?

My parents each separately (2 applications) got emails saying they had received the case and that the embassy would contact them re an appointment. My mums came about a day after my dads and on each occasion it was about 6 - 9 hours after that email that the AIS website let them register and move forward. I just kept refreshing every 15 minutes and trying to register them on there and once it accepted it I knew it had gone all the way through. The main CEAC site just kept saying at embassy or NVC but didn't seem to have any relationship to being free to do the AIS steps. 

Someone more knowledgable might have a better idea how but I just blunt forced it until AIS let me in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Your status here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

will say “Ready”. 

 

1 minute ago, ArkansasExile said:

My parents each separately (2 applications) got emails saying they had received the case and that the embassy would contact them re an appointment. My mums came about a day after my dads and on each occasion it was about 6 - 9 hours after that email that the AIS website let them register and move forward. I just kept refreshing every 15 minutes and trying to register them on there and once it accepted it I knew it had gone all the way through. The main CEAC site just kept saying at embassy or NVC but didn't seem to have any relationship to being free to do the AIS steps. 

Someone more knowledgable might have a better idea how but I just blunt forced it until AIS let me in 

Super helpful, thank you both!


Immigration Timeline

 

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

 

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

 

I am the Beneficiary

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is still saying at NVC. Thank you for sharing that, at least it's something to check.


09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just as an ongoing update ... no real changes on my end. The CEAC site still showing refused, with last touch being May 6th (and both the new birth certificate being physically received on the 6th, and the medical results being uploaded to the embassy electronically on the 6th). Feels like decades and not a week, or two weeks since the actual interview. Just wanted to give everyone an update in case it jives with anything you see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ArkansasExile said:

Just as an ongoing update ... no real changes on my end. The CEAC site still showing refused, with last touch being May 6th (and both the new birth certificate being physically received on the 6th, and the medical results being uploaded to the embassy electronically on the 6th). Feels like decades and not a week, or two weeks since the actual interview. Just wanted to give everyone an update in case it jives with anything you see. 

Sorry it’s taking so long for you too. Keep us updated! 


09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, Englishsammy said:

Sorry it’s taking so long for you too. Keep us updated! 

Cheers ... ordinarily this is quick since we got it expedited due to the diagnosis. Just feels like it's dragging for us. 

 

Hope yours is smooth and quick. Still kicking myself over birth certificate snafu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/7/2021 at 4:39 PM, Pheebs1201 said:

I am petitioning for my mum to move to the US.

 

NVC said they were approving all of her documents and sending them to the London Embassy last week. Does anyone know how much longer we can anticipate this process taking? I am aware there is a backlog due to the pandemic. We applied in August 2020.

Hi, we had our IR-5 approved by NVC in June 2020. 

We have just received letters from NVC advising us of our interview date which is in June and our medicals are booked beforehand. Have a slight issue getting an updated Police Certificate though (the previous one had expired)..and had to pay an extra £40 each to get them expedited or they would not arrive in time for medical! 

The Embassy seem to be getting through the applications quite quickly now, especially since the tier system was introduced.

I'm sure you will get an email soon. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...