Aiya

AOS Interview Scheduled - Medical Exam and Affidavit of Support?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone! My AOS interview has been scheduled for MAY 3. That's 17 months from my AOS filing date (DEC 2019). 

As I read through the checklist of documents to bring, I'm wondering about the Medical Exam and Affidavit of Support. I have already submitted both in the package when I first filed for AOS. However, it has been so long so I'm not sure if I need to do them again. My medical exam was done in APR 2019 (that's like 2 years ago) with vaccination worksheet marked complete. If I read the instructions correctly for I-693 and I-864, I wouldn't need to bring updated forms to the interview? I just want to make sure and not screw up. 

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

As long as you filed within a year of your medical, and it's marked "complete" you won't need to do another. You would only need a new I-864 if your financial circumstances have changed. Best of Luck with your interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They updated the medical forms in September 2019. I just had my interview in February and even though my medical was technically still valid (had my medical in Canada Sept 2019 for the K1, filed AOS in December 2019) we got an RFE after the interview asking for a new medical on the most recent version of the form. This might not happen to you! I'm not sure if all offices are asking for the newest version or ours was just being extra picky. I sent in the new medical two weeks ago and still waiting on a response now on the RFE🤞 I also updated the Affidavit of Support before our interview because we had a baby by the time our interview was scheduled but they never asked for it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.