Emanuella

F2a visa interview update

245 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

F2acategory dq December 2020 got an expedite may 2021 interview june2021 my case in administrative processing

On 4/20/2021 at 3:56 PM, Akilah15 said:

I'm also in Jamaica DQ July 2020. Do you know anyone who has gotten interview in F category since the ban was lifted?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/1/2021 at 2:14 PM, BBNJZF said:

Hi Emmanuella.

Wat was the last update u received from NVC?

I am also F21 category, documentarily qualified on april 9th 2020. I received a mail from NVC on 3rd march 2021 to wait for 120 days for scheduling  an interview. Did u receive the same mail ?

Hi Emmanuella,

I am from same Category, DQ: Nov 2020, I received 120 days notice then 60 days and another 60 days notice again, this will go on until interview is scheduled. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/5/2021 at 10:36 PM, LongWait2017 said:

DQ Jul-20-2020

You might get an interview schedule before Mine, kindly update once you get interview schedule. Thanks and Good Luck ! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi, on the interview notice I received this as important information...

"Important Information:
You submitted forms and supporting documents to the NVC in electronic form. You must present the original forms and documents for review by the consular officer during your interview."

Original forms for I864's are not with my brother.  He only have copies. He does have all original civil documents.  Does this mean he has to bring all forms like the I864s?

Help. I don't want to travel just to drop them off.. 

Interview:  SAN SALVADOR 🇸🇻 

Edited by linda3232

2 hours ago, linda3232 said:

Hi, on the interview notice I received this as important information...

"Important Information:
You submitted forms and supporting documents to the NVC in electronic form. You must present the original forms and documents for review by the consular officer during your interview."

Original forms for I864's are not with my brother.  He only have copies. He does have all original civil documents.  Does this mean he has to bring all forms like the I864s?

Help. I don't want to travel just to drop them off.. 

Interview:  SAN SALVADOR 🇸🇻 

I864 is submitted electronically and you can email it to your brother and just print it out. Civil documents should be original but I864 original means just the one you signed and submitted to the NVC.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Ahava said:

I864 is submitted electronically and you can email it to your brother and just print it out. Civil documents should be original but I864 original means just the one you signed and submitted to the NVC.

Thank you for your reply. Is this message about original forms a standard message for everyone? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ahava said:

Everyone is required to submit original civil documents.

Is this message I received a general message everyone receives and has submitted and brought to interview only copies and have been approved after receiving this message?

29 minutes ago, linda3232 said:

Is this message I received a general message everyone receives and has submitted and brought to interview only copies and have been approved after 

Original documents are requirements for everyone. However, I864's(signed)and Transcripts can be scanned and reprinted.

Ink signatures ( I864's) are not required, so can be scanned and printed.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visas-news-archive/20161228_ink-signature-no-longer-required-on-affidavits-of-support.html

Edited by Ahava

On 7/23/2021 at 6:48 AM, VitaliyMV said:

Visa F2A

PD 15.01.2020

DQ 21.05.2021 

Letter 60 days  20.07.2021 

I don’t have letter with 120 days 

I don't think I'll get an interview date in 60 days

Any news so far?

We got our 60 day notice today. DQ'ed on May 28th. If there will be an interview scheduled in Kyiv, you probably will get it first. Let's keep in touch

Edited by AndriiD

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
15 hours ago, AndriiD said:

Any news so far?

We got our 60 day notice today. DQ'ed on May 28th. If there will be an interview scheduled in Kyiv, you probably will get it first. Let's keep in touch

Hey! Did you get DQ this year, 2021? I was DQed on 27th of May 2021(Amsterdam embassy), but I never got emails with 60 days or 120 days, but it is almost 3 months of wait and no any updates. Hope that soon it starts moving somehow. Mostly  during July and August consulates were busy with student visas :(

Edited by Hanna85

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 8/9/2021 at 3:41 AM, Hanna85 said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope that in the next 60 days they send interview date. I saw that Amsterdam embassy processed a lot of non-immigrant visas (more than 100 per month), but still around 20 of immigrant visas. Still don't understand, why it is so slow. And I called both NVC and embassy and they just blame each other. Embassy waits for NVC, NVC waits for embassy 🤦‍♀️

Hi Hanna,

I have set my next reminder in October. I have inquired at the NVC why my husband’s DQ date is set March ‘20  instead of January ‘20 - so far I have not heard anything. If I hear anything I will update my post- otherwise waiting till the next 60 day letter at this point 😴

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.