eggybreadb78

National Interest Exemption Update

83 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Have you email the Immigrant Visa Unit since the change has been announced to ask for a renewal? Their FAQ mentions that. I wouldn’t think you would need another interview time slot, just a new medical exam and courier in your passport. 

Yeah logically we shouldn't need to. But each embassy have their own procedure and annoyingly London is one of those that require you to have another interview AND medical with an expired K1 (whether it was out of your control or not). It's stupid but that's how London does it 🙄 I totally agree with a partial medical, especially covid testing and vaccination, but an interview? Something that takes 20 minutes and will be the same questions etc as before? Oh and let's not forget the fingerprint they take... yeah, like my fingerprint has changed since last year 😅 But haha jokes on us for thinking the immigration system follows any logic. That's one thing I've learned from all this lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, olivia77 said:

I did, and I received the same email with identical text as A&D25612  did in the post above (a confirmation of NIE but no information regarding my extension).

So you emailed the CBP, not the IV Unit?  Is this the form you used?  https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/iv-contact_form/

3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

So you emailed the CBP, not the IV Unit?  Is this the form you used?  https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/iv-contact_form/

I've only emailed London IV Unit. Here's the exact response:

Screenshot_9.jpg

Edited by olivia77

Timeline

Hey guys. I'm in the process of trying to get 100+ London k1s for our own mandamus lawsuit. If you have Facebook join our group  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/491283372011977/?ref=share you don't have to have noa2 to join the group but once we have enough people you will need to have your noa2 to join the lawsuit. It will be like the milligan lawsuit. 

Hopefully you can join x

Timeline
7 hours ago, Charliek337 said:

Hey guys. I'm in the process of trying to get 100+ London k1s for our own mandamus lawsuit. If you have Facebook join our group  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/491283372011977/?ref=share you don't have to have noa2 to join the group but once we have enough people you will need to have your noa2 to join the lawsuit. It will be like the milligan lawsuit. 

Hopefully you can join x

hey! i just filed April 1 so i'm only expecting my NOA1 this week and obviously won't have NOA2 for a while. I don't have facebook -  is there a way that i can keep up to date with this? is there a cost to join?

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 4/19/2021 at 2:43 PM, KSVJ said:

hey! i just filed April 1 so i'm only expecting my NOA1 this week and obviously won't have NOA2 for a while. I don't have facebook -  is there a way that i can keep up to date with this? is there a cost to join?

Hi I have created a new post about this lawsuit and will be regularly posting updates so even if you don't have fb, you can follow the post. 

Hi all, 

Just a quick question, I'm waiting on my visa from the embassy in London after being approved and wondered whether I had to do anything specific regarding the NIE exemption or whether they would automatically add this onto my visa card? Since the new Presidential Proclamation has added K1's in the exempt group. Do I need to show the check-in at the airport anything? 

Anyone from Round 2 or 3 that can assist and went through check=in? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.