Caro&Craig

I-864 help - Proof of Income

21 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ife2020 said:

Wait..:the USCIS site states an I-864a is needed during the NVC phase of a cr1 visa.

From https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr.pdf --

"If you included the income of the intending immigrant who is your spouse (he or she would be counted in Part 5., Item Number 1.), you must provide evidence that his/her income will continue from the current source after obtaining lawful permanent resident status. He or she does not need to complete Form I-864A unless he or she has accompanying children.

[...]

You may use the assets of the intending immigrant regardless of where he or she resides. The intending immigrant must provide evidence of such assets with this affidavit. Add together Item Numbers 6. - 8. and type or print the total number in Item Number 9. Form I-864A is not required to document the intending immigrant’s assets."

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ife2020 said:

Wait..:the USCIS site states an I-864a is needed during the NVC phase of a cr1 visa.

USCIS has nothing to do with NVC.  I-864a is not needed from the spouse of a petitioner.  Not going to argue with you.  Read the instructions for the form itself.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, Chancy said:

From https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr.pdf --

"If you included the income of the intending immigrant who is your spouse (he or she would be counted in Part 5., Item Number 1.), you must provide evidence that his/her income will continue from the current source after obtaining lawful permanent resident status. He or she does not need to complete Form I-864A unless he or she has accompanying children.

[...]

You may use the assets of the intending immigrant regardless of where he or she resides. The intending immigrant must provide evidence of such assets with this affidavit. Add together Item Numbers 6. - 8. and type or print the total number in Item Number 9. Form I-864A is not required to document the intending immigrant’s assets."

Okay, I thought yu were saying the U.S petitioner doesn’t need to complete the income form.

Timeline
4 hours ago, pushbrk said:

USCIS has nothing to do with NVC.  I-864a is not needed from the spouse of a petitioner.  Not going to argue with you.  Read the instructions for the form itself.

First of all, I’m not arguing with anyone so no need for the attitude. Second of all, I said USCIS WEBSITE. If USCIS clearly discusses instructions of I-864a forms, and they send cases to NVC so they clearly work with NVC. I have read the instructions on the USCIS site..Which is why I responded to you for clarification. Thirdly, I already stated that I thought you were referring to the petitioner. 

Edited by Ife2020

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ife2020 said:

First of all, I’m not arguing with anyone so no need for the attitude. Second of all, I said USCIS WEBSITE. If USCIS clearly discusses instructions of I-864a forms, and they send cases to NVC so they clearly work with NVC. I have read the instructions on the USCIS site..Which is why I responded to you for clarification. Thirdly, I already stated that I thought you were referring to the petitioner. 

USCIS does NOT "work with NVC".  You would be wise to heed what I already said.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

USCIS does NOT "work with NVC".  You would be wise to heed what I already said.

They send cases to NVC, and NVC can send cases back to USCIS, do they not? That is a form of communication and interaction. They all work for the government..which is why all of the instructions for the whole process is on the USCIS site. I am wise, and you’re nobody for me to HEED word from. Do you work for USCIS or NVC? Are you an immigration attorney? I seriously doubt it because if you were you wouldn’t have such a pissy attitude towards me over a simple misunderstanding.

At this point, you just want to be rude and argue. BYE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.